Topic: Winter Storm 2021!

Stay safe out there and above all else, STAY SMART!

We are in about to get hit with anywhere from 8" to 19" of snow over the next 12-16 hours. (If you believe the weather)
(Funny thing, on the Direct TV App, when you click the weather, it says 1-3" so we will see who's right)

By 9 am, the Indianapolis metro area had 36 traffic accidents.  It's NOT SUNNY AND 70 out there!  It's cold (below zero, with 20 MPH bursts of wind)

Keep stuff in your vehicle.   I keep 2 changes of clothes, extra socks, extra jacket, hat, gloves, and food. IF possible have stuff that repels water like those gym pants, not only does water not stay on them but they offer wind protection.  Get a bigger size so they can go OVER whatever you have on.   I put a duffle bag full of MRI's (Meals ready to eat, get on Ebay or some supply stores they keep in all conditions for 5-10 years) and water, water purification tablets, a small stove with fuel, a shovel, and bag of cat litter.  Also a empty and clean old bottle of detergent. (if you have to go bathroom, easier to go in that) the disposable hand and boot warmers.  I usually buy them in the spring and summer when places put them on clearance. BE PREPARED!  If you don't have to be out, DON'T BE!  Also have a flashlight and extra batteries.  I keep the ones that you can charge with a USB cable in mine, that way you can charge the battery in the cigarette lighter or USB port.  If you can keep jumper cables, I got this cool little jumper battery pack that will jump a cars  dead battery and still have juice left in it to pump up the tires and has a flashlight on it.  It's called THE HALO BOLT, (was on QVC before Christmas)

Also, in winter, keep your gas tank at HALF or more at all times.  You can survive the night with at least a half a tank if something happens.

Keep the pets/animals in, if you are cold, so are they, if it's below 30 degree's most states have laws that they are not to be outside.  If you see it, REPORT it, owners can be fined, and if they are leaving their animals out then they probable shouldn't have them to begin with.  I can't tell you how many times that I have had to bust a window in a car during the summer to get a cat or dog out to save it's life, winter they should not be outside, no excuses, again, you see it, report it, I do.

Go Raiders, JUST WIN BABY!
Fight ON USC TROJANS!

Re: Winter Storm 2021!

Jane H. wrote:

Good tips, thanks.
Not too bad here in Maryland right now but always useful info.
Good to be prepared for any emergency in similar ways...hurricane etc.

with the snow though, if you are stuck in your vehicle in it....make sure the exhaust pipe is uncovered if you do run the engine

Very true.   I recommend having the 25 years shelf life food to have on hand at home.  Patriot Pantry is what I use.  Get solar generators as well, you'll never have to worry about power then.

We have power outages here from time to time, mostly in the summer.  As soon as it happens I fire up everything, and every year our neighbors ask, why does your house have lights?  "i'm ready for anything" is my reply... lol

I recommend also using the 2nd amendment to protect yourself and family if needed as well. (some things just go without saying, but you never know, people are using super glue for gel so you kinda have to dumb things down for some)

Fight ON USC TROJANS!

Re: Winter Storm 2021!

Jane H. wrote:

was just thinking more...got to have emergency Joe music.....
potential stoe idea...desert island disc...have some little solar powered mp3 player with your favorite joe cd in case you get stranded on a desert island. they sell everything else in Joe's store so why not

there are solar battery packs, that will charge just about anything, phone, computer, ipad/ipods.

Fight ON USC TROJANS!