1 (edited by BansheeUK 2021-03-03 04:46:53)

Topic: Hartlepool "Hallelujah" Blues Festival

If you can't get the man to Skeggy; bring Skeggt to the man....

The guy that puts the best into Hartlepool, Tommy, is organising the town's first Blues festival - November 12th, 13th & 14th - all being well....

Hartlepool’s 1st Blues Festival is looking like this:-

Friday 12th Nov:-
Kyla Brox Band
Gerry Jablonski Band

Saturday 13th:-
Billy Walton Band
Ian Siegal (solo)
The Achievers
Jupiter Blues Band

Sunday 14th:-
Malone/Sibun Band
The Cinelli Brothers
Troy Redfern Band
Robert J Hunter Band

At the moment, “Weekend Tickets” only at £100 and for the time being, limited to 100. This price though is fixed; as the time approaches, more bands may be added and “day” tickets may become available depending on what restrictions Chairman Boris may impose.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Re: Hartlepool "Hallelujah" Blues Festival

BansheeUK wrote:

If you can't get the man to Skeggy; bring Skeggt to the man....

The guy that puts the best into Hartlepool, Tommy, is organising the town's first Blues festival - November 12th, 13th & 14th - all being well....

Hartlepool’s 1st Blues Festival is looking like this:-

Friday 12th Nov:-
Kyla Brox Band
Gerry Jablonski Band

Saturday 13th:-
Billy Walton Band
Ian Siegal (solo)
The Achievers
Jupiter Blues Band

Sunday 14th:-
Malone/Sibun Band
The Cinelli Brothers
Troy Redfern Band
Robert J Hunter Band

At the moment, “Weekend Tickets” only at £100 and for the time being, limited to 100. This price though is fixed; as the time approaches, more bands may be added and “day” tickets may become available depending on what restrictions Chairman Boris may impose.

Never heard of any of them... lol

Go Raiders, JUST WIN BABY!
Fight ON USC TROJANS!

Raiderman wrote:

Never heard of any of them... lol

Well, I'd start hitting YouTube if I were you - it's a pretty good, if somewhat cherry-picked roster.

UPDATE:- 1st batch of 100 tickets is now SOLD OUT.  Don’t lose hart though (geddit?) it’s not until November, so should recent restrictions be lifted, more tickets will be available; just not at £100…

5 (edited by Raiderman 2021-02-23 10:02:00)

Didn't they just put out that you can only be in groups of 6 or less?  Sounds like things are getting tighter not opening up.

Also, what's everybody wearing to the 1 year anniversary of the 14 day lockdown to flatten the curve wearing?  Asking for a friend....

Go Raiders, JUST WIN BABY!
Fight ON USC TROJANS!

well I do know Billy Walton, Ian S, and Troy Redfern so 3 out of 10 ain't bad for someone living in Alabama (country music hell). At this point any festival is a huge step in the right direction, thumbs up. Alas, I am in the extremely high risk category for Covid and cannot get vaccinated just yet, would have to pass if I was over the pond for any reason

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

UPDATE:-

Virgil and the Accelerators have been added to Friday
True Strays duo have been added to Saturday
Crow Black Chicken have been added to sunday

40 more tickets made available @ £110. ( if social distancing is relaxed)

8 (edited by BansheeUK 2021-03-03 04:52:39)

Raiderman wrote:

Didn't they just put out that you can only be in groups of 6 or less?  Sounds like things are getting tighter not opening up.

Also, what's everybody wearing to the 1 year anniversary of the 14 day lockdown to flatten the curve wearing?  Asking for a friend....

IF things go to the "route-map" as outlined last week for the UK, all the Covid limiting measures will be lifted in mid-June, though I expect to see loads of people still wearing masks until Christmas at least.

Bars & venues won't be open for indoor trade until mid-May, so between May & June the "rule of 6" will still apply. There were similar variations on this back in October/November, before lockdown that were a real nuisance.  As a rule,  I go to gigs on my own,  and meet-up with friends there, however at most venues I wouldn't have been able just to buy a ticket, I'd have to book a table (of 4). This would then prevent others going to the gigs as there was instructions that members of 2 or more households couldn't mix, so if I were to invite friends, they'd have to be a couple and to avoid the "spare" I'd have to drag my partner along.....

Jane H. wrote:

I'll be wearing double masks....but let's not go there here please

That is a great line-up. I've not heard of some but I regularly gives thanks for this forum and Joe for having turned me onto so many great artists I probably wouldn't have otherwise known about.

A good festival bill should be one part bands you really love; one part bands you've been wanting to catch and one part "if they're rubbing shoulders with this lot then they're worth checking out"; and a dash of "well I need to go to the loo/bar sometime."

Well, I've given Cullercoats' festival for Jan 2024 a shout, so to show no bias, I'll also give Hartlepool's 3ed Hallelujah fest, a shpout, especially since it's new date of late October 2023 coming up fast

Friday 27th - Frankie Miller's Full House: Eddie Smith & The 507: Fargo Railroad Company:
                      Jack J Hutchinson Band

Saturday 28th -  The Cinelli Brothers: Redfish: Zac Schulz Gang: Jed Potts & The Hillman Hunters:
                            Jake leg Jug Band: Trevor Babajak Steiger

Sunday 29th - The Stumble: Big Wolf band: Seafoam Green: The Boneshakers

Tix - £110 for the week-end: Fri -  £38:  Sat - £48:  Sun - £38 via Tommy (bank transfer)

If you missed this year's Hallelujah fest in Hartlepool, frert not, Tommy's doing another one in 2024 so keep October 25th, 26, & 27th clear in your diaries.

If you want to take a leap of faith; very early bird tickets now available at £99; bands are booked, but no announcements just yet.

BansheeUK wrote:

If you missed this year's Hallelujah fest in Hartlepool, frert not, Tommy's doing another one in 2024 so keep October 25th, 26, & 27th clear in your diaries.

If you want to take a leap of faith; very early bird tickets now available at £99; bands are booked, but no announcements just yet.

First of the announced bands: - Danny Bryant Band; The Milk Men; & Greg Coulson.

And the "early bird " price for the week-end has been dropped to £89...

As Tommy (organiser) would say: "Hell YEAAAHHH!!"

More details on the line-up for October 2024...

Danny Bryant Band; The Milk Men; The Greg Coulson Band; The Boneshakers; Tantrum; Mel Outsider Reformation; Jube;
Jo Carley & The Old Dry Skulls; Thomas Heppell Band; The Addiction; West Brook & Swamp Tea; Eddie Smith & The 507;
Black Bear Bones; Sean Taylor Trio; Southern Incorporated.

Schedules as & when...