Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

BansheeUK wrote:
manticore wrote:

I've noticed a few dates in April and may this year for them,using the Virgil and the accelerators title.are they back to using the name? What's going on? It's all a bit strange.

I've noticed this too.... hard to say whether the promotional info hasn't caught up with last month's news, or whether the lads will honour existing bookings....

if I hadn't read in this forum about what's happened ,I wouldn't know a thing.there hasn't been anything written elsewhere,at least I haven't seen anything.would have expected something to be mentioned.its a right mystery.

manticore wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:
manticore wrote:

I've noticed a few dates in April and may this year for them,using the Virgil and the accelerators title.are they back to using the name? What's going on? It's all a bit strange.

I've noticed this too.... hard to say whether the promotional info hasn't caught up with last month's news, or whether the lads will honour existing bookings....

if I hadn't read in this forum about what's happened ,I wouldn't know a thing.there hasn't been anything written elsewhere,at least I haven't seen anything.would have expected something to be mentioned.its a right mystery.

With the VATA website and Facebook pages being shut down I can share and understand your frustration. For the time being, your best bet would be to follow Virgil McMahon or Gabriel McMahon on Facebook, twitter etc. and see what comes from source: anything I get to hear I'll be sure to share.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Just a quick note to say that this is complete nonsense. Illnot go into details but I do have documented proof that they have admin access to the band FB page.

manticore wrote:

Re-reading the statement again,I noticed the bit about being unable to access their own Facebook.strange,something's up.

I've not really been following what's going on with VATA but I did hear All Night Long as the first track on Planet Rock's Blues Power Show last week. Good to hear the guys getting some well deserved (inter)national exposure.

The presenter, Bernard Docherty, said "try to catch them on tour". Let's hope we can.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Been quite a while now since they vanished.hope they are back in action this year,in whatever form they are now(or will be).

manticore wrote:

Been quite a while now since they vanished.hope they are back in action this year,in whatever form they are now(or will be).

Been waiting to hear something/anything.  Anyone?!  PM or Email if you want off the record (means I seal my lips) wink

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
manticore wrote:

Been waiting to hear something/anything.  Anyone?!  PM or Email if you want off the record (means I seal my lips) wink

Rocket

Doesn't look likely. Virgil is currently in Sandi Thom's touring band.

Kenny wrote:
Rocket wrote:
manticore wrote:

Rocket

Well I wasn't thinking reunion as much as listening to crickets while wondering what members are up to.  Gabe is too good of a drummer to be sitting on his duff without pounding away on a kit!  If Buddy Rich could do it.......lead a band of his own (and sing even?!)

Anyway, I wish them all well of course, ON course, whatever that may be.

Rock

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

sad to see something so promising fade to nothing. sad

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Kenny wrote:

Just me, or faint echoes of when Philip Sayce backed Melissa Etheridge.....?

Interesting stirrings and posts from Virgil on Facebook last couple of days; hints of a new album maybe (end of the year) - he’s such a tease…. Great news anyway….

From their page on Facebook.....

5 weeks and counting until VIRGIL AND THE ACCELERATORS 4.0 play our first show in 6 years!
Coming at you LIVE from London and appearing at the legendary 100 Club on Tuesday the 29th of March and the Boom-Boom Club in Sutton on Friday the 8th of April. Featuring Joel Wildgoose on Guitar, Jerry Brown on Drums, Luke Smith on Keys and our very dear friend, world renowned session king- Mo Pleasure on Bass

Have a blast guys....