37 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-11-13 13:38:58)

Re: Wilmington Shows 9 and 10?

Thank you mikewing … your comment is too too kind … I was just the lucky recipient of some very gracious members of the Bonafamily.

Natasha … thank you for posting a link to your photos!!  The group shot was just what I was hoping for!! (Hotel luggage carts and all!! smile ) … It’s great!!  With my racing mind … I forgot the seat shot with Jane, Phil and Cathy was taken until u posted it.  Excellent!! Thank u!

The V coaster! Fabulous!!  I would have loved to have seen it up close … great picture of Joe holding it and Amos!!  What a thrill for you. (Phil at the Stage Door shot is great!)

Your creative talents are something … I can see why you’re the one painting the house … BUT ... please be careful on those extension ladders!!

Thank u once again for sharing your captures with us all … (and Joe & Co for allowing) … getting to revisit, via video, a show we fans attend is a great memento.

I did kind of intentionally gloss over my highlight … meeting Joe … and in his friendly manner, he graciously strapped on #251 (without me asking) for a picture with him.  (I haven’t seen it yet … think / hope it’s on Sandy’s phone.) 

I did “jokingly” say he’s welcome to let her sing a song on stage tonight … he quickly eyeballed the neck relief and said “Hmmm … it’s been a while … since the Hard Rock has mine.” … (but I know family / friends’ 300’s are always just a phone call away smile)  He let me down easy … said they were changing it up for Tuesday and only a couple of Les Paul songs were in the list … (Snakebite got the nod I believe.) (Big thanks to Ron for offering to put 251 in his hotel room around the block so my mind would have no worry during the show!)  Can’t wait to see my picture with Joe and share with my father.

Thanks for making it a great night …  and everyone here for letting me “vent”.  Hope to meet many more of the Family around the bend.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Lovely stories from all of you. Much joy and fun was had I can tell. This is the biggest gift that Joe gives us other than the unbelievable music.  it is pure joy from his fans and bona family meeting and sharing the amazement of watching a miracle happen every night. So happy for all of you.

Natasha I bet you are still walking on air after  getting to do the behind the scenes shots.  Jane so glad the stars aligned for you to see Joe. I know how much he means to you and wish I could have been to there to hear those stories. Roadcaseboy wow what a trip for you. Thanks for sharing and finding the words to express what we all witness when watching Joe play up close. No one realizes how much of his heart and soul he puts in it until they get to watch those flying fingers and the urgency he uses . It is truly and amazing thing to witness.  Thanks for all the love you shared with us by telling these stories

39 (edited by RickB 2015-11-13 11:29:11)

Shows of legend it seems. Thanks so much for the reviews, shared memories and vids/photos. The Forum Family rolls on and that is what, to me, is the icing on the cake. We plan trips just for the meetups with our forum pals, the music is a bonus and the sum is much greater than the parts.
Joe talks about those shows and the lineup in this interview done for the Knoxville show. A great review where he considers his career, the future and the state of music today.

http://www.knoxnews.com/knoxville/music … e_58207617

Until our next hang with the "family".
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Added in some more photos from both nights in Delaware. The "No Hair Gel" night interspersed with the second night smile
https://www.flickr.com/photos/anitrasda … 980507281/

for some reason have this large Sign In with Yahoo covering most of you pictures.
from what I can tell.. Joe looks a lot younger with his hair 'free' instead of slicked back.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Hello new to the forum but wanted to comment on the Roanoke Show.  It was amazing. Had the pleasure of getting the set list from Mr. Thornburg and meeting Mr. Rhodes, Mr. Wynans and Mr.  Cerra.  I missed Mr. Fig because I got cold feet and sadly have yet to meet JB.  One day.  I have seen him 4 times but never had the chance.  Thanks for letting me be a part of the forum.   Soul filled until January.

DougH wrote:

for some reason have this large Sign In with Yahoo covering most of you pictures.
from what I can tell.. Joe looks a lot younger with his hair 'free' instead of slicked back.

That's weird. Phil just tried it on his computer and it was working fine. Maybe retry it.

nmagcorn wrote:

That's weird. Phil just tried it on his computer and it was working fine. Maybe retry it.

Same here .... came thru clear via Natasha's link. Very nice shots Natasha ... thank ur for sharing. smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

tsfromneys wrote:

Hello new to the forum but wanted to comment on the Roanoke Show.  It was amazing. Had the pleasure of getting the set list from Mr. Thornburg and meeting Mr. Rhodes, Mr. Wynans and Mr.  Cerra.  I missed Mr. Fig because I got cold feet and sadly have yet to meet JB.  One day.  I have seen him 4 times but never had the chance.  Thanks for letting me be a part of the forum.   Soul filled until January.

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad your experience was amazing. This is a great place and I hope you enjoy yourself. There is a thread for introductions if you are so inclined wink

nmagcorn wrote:
DougH wrote:

Excellent shots thanks Natasha. Mine are clear as a bell also. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

well i have much more to say about the show and promise i will do so
in the meantime i would like to take a moment to share Joe's instagram post https://instagram.com/p/97gL8-SN-N/?tak … ebonamassa and how he said "Great rowdy crowds"

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue

48 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-12-27 14:58:26)

nmagcorn wrote:

Here are some photos of the gang and a few special ones of my own. For any who aren't on facebook, I made Joe another replica (drink coaster) this time in the shape of the new 1958 Flying V. He was so excited by it, he instantly hugged me smile I asked if I could get a photo with both the real V and the little one I made. He said to come back the next day and he would let me come backstage to take a photo. It was so nice of him to do this. Can't thank him enough, it was the coolest thing! Thank you Joe!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/anitrasda … 1135953125

See your Amos V coaster holds a wine glass just right!! Congrats Natasha!!
https://twitter.com/JBONAMASSA/status/6 … 3882118144

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

]

See your Amos V coaster holds a wine glass just right!! Congrats Natasha!!
https://twitter.com/JBONAMASSA/status/6 … 3882118144

Seeing that photo was the best Christmas present I got this year. So happy the coaster made it to Joe's home safely. The hours spent making it was so worth it when I see how much he is enjoying it smile

50 (edited by Jane H. 2016-05-21 07:45:01)

Jane H. wrote:

Best show ever! will post more later but wow wow wow too much fun smile
thanks for vids too. I thought Happier Times was the best version I had heard. Natasha said even though she didn't record it last night it was very similar to other recent recordings so i will relive it through one of those

well i can't believe its been 6 months since this show. I have been thinking about how to put into words what a great show it was since then
not really sure words can explain it. i have forgotten some of the details about the music i wanted to talk about. i hesitate to comment too much about how good the band was simply because of respect for former bands and tunes that Joe has had, and my memories of them. i was so glad to get the different set list wih the older tunes but i am sure another kind of set would have been as great.
i remember really being surprised at how close they were to studio and previous versions i knew so well
the band was so great together and of course individually, it was hard to focus on Joe like i normally do especially because i had the best seat in the house. it reminds me after the show overhearing some girl tell Reese that she liked watching him more than Joe but don't tell him that and he said oh he was gonna tell LOL you had to be there
a real special thing for me to hear Love Aint a Love Song
anyway part of why it was the best show ever, again hard to say that given the very great Joe experiences i have had but anyway part was the band i think is the best yet. not to dis any other version but this just was just right and a great combo and the proof is how Joe obviously enjoys the group.

and well the other reasons it was best ever was the people i got to share it with. it was nice to be treated to the best seat in the house, a place to rest my head afterwards, the food before hand (and FWIW Ron the leftovers did not go to waste i put them in my cooler and had wings for lunch the next day and shared some too) but really just being with such great people. i get all nervous about driving somewhere unfamiliar but it was a smooth trip - until the parking garage - wasn't sure i was in the right place  - not a big deal cause i had help from a friend. so great to see Joe's parents and talk to them there. just some short moments to talk but some of my favorite convos with them, made me feel great. i remember thinking well everything is just falling into place, its a typical Joe show with same friends i normally see the show with - a few things reminded me of Seinfeld, it is just another show for Joe - its kind of like the show about nothing, all routine in so many ways yet no place you'd rather be but it was too good of a time and too good of a set. i realized though it was the show about everything for me that night. just felt so good and it really still does. I saw the special show in January since and it was amazing but it didn't top the 11-10-15 show for me. i am looking forward to my next show this Sunday and i expect it to be legendary but i think if i could go back to one show out of all the Joe shows thus far it would be this one. and as i think back i think it might have been the first show i went to that didn't have Mountain Time (other than my first show) and its hard to think it was good enough without it but it was the best show ever!!!!

just realized i never posted this picture of the Joe Always on the Road truck Cathy noticed at like 1 am or something. just a litttle different perspective pic
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/ … 859rmn.jpg

Jane H. wrote:

just realized i never posted this picture of the Joe Always on the Road truck Cathy noticed at like 1 am or something. just a litttle different perspective pic
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/ … 859rmn.jpg

Now THAT'S the Mini-BonaCruiser I want!! (batteries not included.) big_smile

Great shot!!

53 (edited by Jane H. 2016-07-21 09:03:57)

i don't think I mentioned this before but got to 'brag' a little.
yesterday youtube recommended I watch Love Ain't a Love Song from this show.
Thanks again for the vids Natasha, and capturing Joe tell this audience he (they) LOVE US smile
don't know he has done that before, i know not often.
is it last year yet? big_smile
love you too Joe!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥  and hope you know how much I LOVE that song !!!! smile !!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Q4OxhlK5k

Jane H. wrote:

i don't think I mentioned this before but got to 'brag' a little.
yesterday youtube recommended I watch Love Ain't a Love Song from this show.
Thanks again for the vids Natasha, and capturing Joe tell this audience he (they) LOVE US smile
don't know he has done that before, i know not often.
is it last year yet? big_smile
love you too Joe!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥  and hope you know how much I LOVE that song !!!! smile !!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Q4OxhlK5k

The original link for this song is gone...here's a fresh one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAsXPh2Nyw

♥♥♥♥♥