1 (edited by Bonaknopfler 2020-08-05 17:27:32)

Topic: Greetings from Poole, Dorset

Good Evening all,

This is my first post on this Bonamassa forum.

I've been a fan of Joe's since 2012 and then after seeing him 'Live' in 2013 I've have been hooked ever since. I'm also a huge Mark Knopfler fan too having followed MK since 1985 and have seen him Live numerous times and have been lucky enough to meet him too..

I'm now looking forward to watching Joe on the 20th September having bought the VIP package.

Of note is that where I live here in Poole, Dorset UK was the home of Mr Kyps where Joe played his first ever UK gig in May 2005!
Incidentally Mr Kyps was actually my old middle school so my claim to fame is that Joe played my old School hall!!!

*Huge Knopfler & Bonamassa fan....
* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

Re: Greetings from Poole, Dorset

Hello fellow UK fan! I’ll be watching the 20th September show too and looking out for myself in the audience ha ha :-)

That’s interesting about Mr Kyps being your old school hall! I never knew that’s what it used to be.

Ross

Hi Ross,

Great concert last night and I found my 'cut out' in the audience!! Did you find yours?

St Peter's school which became Mr Kyps was founded in 1833. I attended there in the early to mid eighties and yes have very fond memories. Alas Mr Kyps is now gone and the place has turned into a residential establishment...
Best Wishes
Steve

* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

Welcome to the forum, Bonaknopfler!  Nice to have you here.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Bonaknopfler!  Nice to have you here.

Hi sally12333, thanks for the welcome!!

Bonaknopfler wrote:

Hi Ross,

Great concert last night and I found my 'cut out' in the audience!! Did you find yours?

St Peter's school which became Mr Kyps was founded in 1833. I attended there in the early to mid eighties and yes have very fond memories. Alas Mr Kyps is now gone and the place has turned into a residential establishment...
Best Wishes
Steve

Hi Steve. Alas I didn’t find myself in the audience but fingers crossed I may eventually find my cardboard self! Thanks for the info on Mr Kyps. Hope you enjoyed the Live Stream. I thought it was fantastic but a little surreal. I received my T-Shirt last week and got stung with £24.99 customs charges as I think it was because the total value of the VIP package was included. That was an expensive t-shirt.

Ross

EADGBE wrote:
Bonaknopfler wrote:

Hi Ross,

Best Wishes
Steve

Hi Steve. Alas I didn’t find myself in the audience but fingers crossed I may eventually find my cardboard self! Thanks for the info on Mr Kyps. Hope you enjoyed the Live Stream. I thought it was fantastic but a little surreal. I received my T-Shirt last week and got stung with £24.99 customs charges as I think it was because the total value of the VIP package was included. That was an expensive t-shirt.

Ross

Haha, the old Customs chestnut!
Yep, got stung for that too and also I've just paid another £20 smackaroonies for the Ryman limited edition signed 'Hatch' print too!!!

Trust you found yourself in the audience now the official photos have been released.....

Steve