1 (edited by DestAtom9988 2020-08-14 09:33:47)

Topic: No answers, okay... Who would faceBoss Katana Amp or Tube Amp or else?

Hey, everybody. I have a question. I want to buy myself a guitar amp. It's no special, just to play guitar with good sound.

I've asked some people, and I realized that it would be better to buy a Boss Katana amp.

And I'm thinking of getting a Boss Katana or some kind of analogue, maybe? Any thoughts on here?

Or should I consider cheaper options?

Re: No answers, okay... Who would faceBoss Katana Amp or Tube Amp or else?

Hi. I have a Katana100 and find it excellent and my go to amp. The valve amp just sits there. All I would suggest is if you do get the Katana start with just the amp settings until you find your tones before using tone studio. The 59 effects etc can drag you into hours of experimentation. The floorboard makes the amp much more useful. If you are going for cheaper buy a Mk1 version second hand from someone who has upgraded to a mk2. There are lots of websites also selling different tones. The 100 gives you five presets and with the footboard 9. You will not be disappointed. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Re: No answers, okay... Who would faceBoss Katana Amp or Tube Amp or else?

I didn't answer as many love the boss Katana series, I'm not one and hurt proples feelings when I say so.

My buddy had been looking for an amp for years.
We tested Katana's against other tube and and on thier own they sound ok, but back to back against a tube amp they loose out in tone

Sorry tube amps have a superior sound quality.
From 5w to 100w, lots of choices.

Granted tone has to come from your fingers not 100,00 presets

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)