Re: A New Day Now

Lester wrote:

The record label website is showing a release date of 7th August.

https://mascotlabelgroup.myshopify.com/ … -bonamassa

Lester

That is also the release date Amazon gave me when I pre-ordered my copy there on July 19...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

not sure when it will arrive but my pre-order has shipped big_smile

I see other Bonabuddies posted on facebook having received it. I am prety sure the earlier the pre-order the earlier the ship
I have to remember that. I like to get the cd and used to like to get at local record store on release date but they closed before the Covid-19 stuff anyhow so I have found best way to get soon is pre-order from Joe but i still wait till last minute ...a little jealous of those who already ot their so got to get my Royal tea order in. of course as soon as i order they'll p something on sale i want...blahblahblah
anyway looking foward to getting his one

I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon about three weeks ago, and it arrived today via USPS:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52889850@ … ed-public/

Can you say "stoked?" I knew that you could! cool

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

C'mon Jane I am waiting for your review...

Break away

Rough review after one listen: love it.

Cons: missing that feeling of guitar solos as a revelation. Also hate Miss You hate You cause I have this song mentally tatooed in my brain so nothing really can top it. Imprinting example...

Pros: beautiful buttery, honey worldly sound. Feels like a warm rain on my face  - happiness bestowed. My all time favorite versions of If Heartaches were Nickels and Current Situation. Absolutely brilliant bonus tracks - Line of Denial - coooome on... !!!! f...ing great.

So - New Day Now - Love love love it - up there with my favorites and beloved!!!! Thank You for this gift Joe!

lol thnx. It got delivered but to work ...and I wont have it until Monday. smile
most looking forward to the bonus tracks....

Rick Soike wrote:

C'mon Jane I am waiting for your review...

Break away

Haven't been here for some time. This original album was my introduction to Joe when it was playing in a bar in Antwerp where I was on holiday. It was the start of a brilliant time of meeting new friends from all over the world who knew this talent was so underrated and relatively unknown.
My music listening was taken over by Joe. Couldn't get enough.
Meeting people at the first RAH gig weekend was amazing.

More recently, I found that I wasn't as excited by the music Joe has put out and I kind of drifted. For me, that original excitement just wasn't there.

Not sure about this redone album. Guess I will have to buy it and find out !

Good to see some of the original names from the forum from those years ago.

Thank God for Apple Music otherwise I'd be missing out. Damn USPS is holding up my copy! Order the deluxe edition with the exclusive pin.... Loving the album overall. I'm a sucker for remastered albums as it is, what Joe and Kevin have done here is pretty damn amazing.

very disappointed by the 3 bonus , they have nothing to do with the album and even less its 20 years, if there was no remix or a real unreleased track nothing had to be added, I do not understand why they did that.

Jean-Charles
(sorry for my English)

It’s also available on Spotify if folk are still waiting for the CD to arrive.

Lester

He took it all too far,
but boy, could he play guitar.

Really like the remaster/alternate tracks from the original album. Joe and Kevin have done a marvellous job! Reminded me how awesome the originals were.

Bonus tracks are "interesting". I can see why they never made the final cut. 'I Want You' sort of makes me glad Joe never chose to be in a punk band.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

I also must admit to the bonus tracks. I assume these vocals were not redone as the rest of album are. I understand the association of Joe and Little Steven. If it lends the direction of where Joe was coming from at that time. To me the guitar parts are thrashy 90's rock. I was not a big follower of Bloodline not even sure if I have the album. The diamond wasn't shined up at that point and unsure if that needed revisitation.

Got my copy yesterday.
I am lovin' the heck out of it  smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Some patience yes, is Line of Denial a coke song? Not sure if I needed that reference. No animals were hurt or musicians affected by that inquiry.

I have been thinking about what to post on this.
My initial thoughts are Joes new vocals are a big upgrade and I can  see why he wanted to do it. The album sounds great !
The bonus tacks have some potential if re worked but not noteworthy to me as is.
   The surprising thing that happened when I listened the first time is that I realize I miss the early Joe that knocked me out and made me a crazy fan. His music has evolved  and one can make a case its better or more “ mature now”
   But I guess there is a big difference being 20 something versus 40 something.
   The early albums Joe really kicked  **** on guitar and had a rock edge to his playing.
  This is in stark contrast to Redemption.
The couple of tracks put out from Royal Tea leave me to wonder of Joe is going midlife adult contemporary music now.
   A New Day showed so much fire in his playing. Im alot older than Joe but I find Im drawn to the young fire now as much as when I stumbled on to him like 14 years ago. I have liked all his albums horns and all but man he really had it going on back then.
   Life moves on and no one should stay in one place and its better business to grow and change.
   I was hoping his new album with the British rock thing coming out with him revisiting A New Day might spill over.
So far it doesn't appear so. But I welcome the remake and enjoy revisiting the album again as I hadnt listed to it  for a good couple of years now.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Ges!!!! Hey!!!!

still haven't listened yet but did skim read the booklet. I'm glad i did and glad for the info in there. I hadn't thought about the process, or know much about that stuff anyway. Kevin gives a lot of info about how they didn't have all the original tapes to work with. So I'm glad i read that first so i know why some aspects will be a little different.
I also have to listen to the original a bit more. I became a Joe fan in 2003 and I had the ANDY live dvd same time as got ANDY. Then shortly thereafter the ANDY live cd. That got more play over the years so i kind of think of it instead of the studio ANDY when looking back.

I look forward to the bonus tracks just for the curiosity not expecting them to be polished etc. but i love that little bit of a look into younger Joe. i see it as a definite bonus even if not directly related to ANDY.
I am still hoping one day that some good audience recording of Pain and Sorrow 2003-2005 will show up on some release. Would be righteous IMO.
I think joe putting these on here indicates he doesn't plan to release them. This reminds though how he explained that Bridge to Better Days was something he wrote waaaay before he recorded it. he found it on one of his old tapes and decided to give it a go. Yeah!

I've liked the tracks i have heard so far but i also did first fall in love with the shouting singing big_smile but appreciate his voice now as well.

Good to read the comments here and see folks who hadn't posted in a while.

Jane H. wrote:

i also did first fall in love with the shouting singing big_smile

Yeah, Jane, I thought his comment about his early singing was the funniest ever, that he sounded like a moose getting hit by a car...!   big_smile  big_smile

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Still love me some "B-U-R-N-I-N-G H-E-L-L........"