Topic: New to site

Hi. My name is Eric. I’m 63 playing since age 10 grew up on Hendrix Clapton Page and Beck (Jeff- lol) and always a Beatles fan. I learned blues from all the masters- the Kings Robert Johnson Willie Dixon and the rest and I thought everything that needed to be said in 12 bars or it’s many variations had been said.

Then I heard Joe. And saw him live in Atlanta. Wow! Was I wrong.

More importantly he has created a new genre. I call it “Joe.”  I’m sorta kidding and sorta not. I met him at a meet and greet and I said thank you for taking the blues to a new place or something like that and he said he’s taken it beyond blues. I couldn’t agree more.

I hope he expands on that but it’s all in the music and I an so glad to have heard him live and I know we musicians are lucky to have another great musician to learn from and enjoy.

Thanks!

Eric

Re: New to site

Hi Eric glad you came, a few years back this was a very busy forum even Joe chimed in.

I was lucky enough to meet him 4x , others here many more than that.

He's expanded the British Blues I think,
he moved on from the standard 12barres just after Blues Deluxe.
He never really played Delta, Texas or Chicago,  but that British Blues is were he shines

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Welcome.  Social media has indeed reduced traffic on forums like this to a mere shadow of their former self.  Time rolls on, but there are still some pretty cool people here.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Welcome, Eric!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hi and welcome Eric from a similarly aged individual with the same classic British rock past. Enjoy some good company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)