Topic: Read this!!

If you still love listening to music on CDS, you'll enjoy this article!!

https://gearpatrol.com/2020/05/29/reasons-to-buy-cds/

Re: Read this!!

Thanks for the post BD
You kind of forget about the “old” cd
  I do still buy but  its hard to ignore being able to carry a crazy amount of music with you Anywhere. Play it in your car with bluetooth, out an about doing any thing any where.
   I know there are alot of vinyl fans which is  fine. I was  always frustrated with vinyl snap crackle   pop  Getting warped albums ect

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

3 (edited by BansheeUK 2020-06-03 03:20:04)

Nice article.... Yep, I'm a CD fan! Took me a while in the 80s to get into them, mainly down to initial cost. By the 90s I was spending  time reducing my vinyl for CDs (maybe regretting it now, seeing the cost of some of the stuff I parted with - and still some stuff only now making it on to CD) but I don't miss the hiss, crackle and flutter and  there's something to be said for listening to live or concept albums without having to get up and turn the disc over every 22-25mins. I did and still do commiserate with the those who rightly say that the days of the really inventive and artistic sleeves went with the CD; gatefolds, double gatefolds, pop-ups, die-cuts.... I do still buy vinyl, but it either has to  come with a good offer or else be the only available format.

But at least, the CD allows you to buy or purchase a physical, pocket-sized "keep-sake" that you can have signed and personalised by the artist, that will last a site longer than a t-shirt....

Still, the mini-disc never took off, did it?

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

AND it's a lot of fun to shop for!  They're pretty cheap, and you find some really interesting stuff:
https://vincedickinson.home.blog/2020/0 … is-so-fun/

I remember the Mini-disc, along with Digital Audio Tape which was (from memory) a tiny cassette tape which never gained any popularity.

Lester

I have tons of CDs but they are all loaded on the PS3 so they sit there. I have given some away, and still have about 15 copies of Eric Gales' Transformation if anybody wants one. There was a CD store in Pensacola FL when I lived there that was huge and they both bought and sold. You just wouldn't believe what they had in the bins, stuff you will never see again. I remember a Rush bootleg called Mirrors from 3 nights in Oakland CA, a double CD set that was recorded very well. I went there at least once a week to see what they had in that was new, it was a thrill every time.

ZeyerGTR wrote:

AND it's a lot of fun to shop for!  They're pretty cheap, and you find some really interesting stuff:
https://vincedickinson.home.blog/2020/0 … is-so-fun/

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

There was a CD store in Pensacola FL when I lived there that was huge and they both bought and sold. You just wouldn't believe what they had in the bins, stuff you will never see again. I remember a Rush bootleg called Mirrors from 3 nights in Oakland CA, a double CD set that was recorded very well. I went there at least once a week to see what they had in that was new, it was a thrill every time.

That's awesome.  I don't get up to Pensacola too often, but I try to get to the Daytona flea market a couple times a year.  I know one of the used music dealers there, he's a pretty interesting guy (travelled Europe following the Stones for many years), and always has good stuff.

I still buy cds to listen.

I wish we could post pictures here and I would post a picture of my listening station...I am a headphone listener.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp