1 (edited by Curby 2020-04-02 00:24:38)

Topic: What's keeping you from getting cabin fever?

This is a very weird time for all of us.  I've been listening to various YouTube stuff to entertain myself plus stuff on my TV.  I got Amazon Prime with my new TV and have been watching Bosch and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel in 4K.
To start this thread I've chosen Steely Dan as one of my all time favorites to get acquainted to.

https://youtu.be/SjXB894CZnM

2 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2020-04-02 07:50:48)

Re: What's keeping you from getting cabin fever?

Compared to the rest of the US, my routine has hardly changed at all.  I miss going to the gym over lunch, but I've been running more.  I go in the morning before my son wakes up as often as possible.  That's probably the biggest thing - get outside every day, go for a run, walk around the block if you only have 10 minutes, go for a bike ride.

As has been the case for many, many decades, my guitar is my therapist.  That's the other thing keeping me sane, but then, that hasn't changed.  Practice as much as I can, keep learning, keep growing, keep writing, keep playing.

I don't have any more free time than I used to.  I'm able to work from home, so during the day I'm sequestered in the bedroom doing almost exactly the same work I did in the office.  As for family, we homeschool anyways, so that chugs on.  It's actually less stressful because we're not constantly running to activities and therapies. We actually have more time for school work and it's easier to stay on track there.

Music-wise, I'm not listening to any more or less music than I used to.  I've been mixing up new releases (Mike Zito's new album "Quarantine Blues" was released for free on soundcloud, John MacLaughlin's new album was released for free as well) with browsing old albums I haven't listened to in a while (ABB concert w/ Clapton at the Beacon from 2009).  My son likes Rick Wakeman, so we've been listening to his solo stuff a bit, too.

About as different as two guitar-heavy albums can be, but both good in their own way:
Mike Zito: https://soundcloud.com/mikezitoofficial
John MacLaughlin: https://mahavishnujohnmclaughlin.bandca … z-T0LU2esw

To start this thread I've chosen Steely Dan as one of my all time favorites to get acquainted to.

I recently watched the Classic Albums DVD about "Aja" - got it at a garage sale a few months back for a dollar.  I like the album but it's always cool to get the behind-the-scenes.

I work a pretty long day.  Nothing has changed by working from home other than the day seems even longer.  Non-stop Skype meetings keep background music or TV to a minimum.  With the weather improving, my outlook on all of this is bound to improve.  Hang in there, stay safe.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Life in stir has we three taking turns choosing a themed channel on our Sonos home music system. We watch a half hour of local news, then the tv is off for the day and it’s an ad free day of our favorite styles by subscription from your chice of streaming services like Pandora or Itunes. Each common room has an unobtrusive speaker with really good sound, all controlled jointly or separately on an app via bluetooth. We go about our business surrounded by music we like.

A present from our son, it’s a joy. All of Joe’s releases are there on one channel for instance. You can play a cd front to back, or let the app select a random mix from all. It’s home Musak playing your favorites.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

When I was 16 and had no talents and didn't know where to go my parents said: do whatever but it has to be in the healh care field - this way you will always have a job. I listened. And I work in healthcare now and I am considered essential. And I am working... and working and working... Think I will work till I die. Don't see any retirement sweet days for me in the future.

This is creepy but I vividly dreamed I got the virus, so the next morning I got up and furiously started on assembling my "death" files, like all the legal documents, list of instructions, contact lists, organ donation/body donation/cremation instructions, memorial service wishes, list of passwords, etc. etc.  Want to make it easier for daughter to know what to do whenever the time comes, whether sooner or later...  Have been meaning to do this for a long time.  It is taking days and days to do, but now easier to get after it when I have the motivation!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Working from home but I try to get out every day and walk for 45 minutes to an hour. Soon it will be time to start cutting grass. Waiting for it to warm up so I can go visit my mom by staying outside in my own space. My husband is still going to work each day so I didn't want to take any chances with her. This stinks!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Something a little different, and don't ask how it started, but we've been watching the movies of Buster Keaton after finding a couple of high quality restoration box sets.

It's only with this renewed quality can you see and appreciate the genius of "ol stoneface". And what physicality; he's as toned and lithe as an Olympic gymnast and what a daredevil he was, in terms of stunts you wouldn't mention Tom Cruise in the same breath.

Go on, The General and Steamboat Bill Jr

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

9 (edited by Curby 2020-04-30 22:43:13)

There has definitely been a shift in my musical preferences this very long past 3 months.  I'm so sick of hearing about this virus for one thing and by the way Im sure I contracted it in late January.
First I came across Mapache, an album that touched my soul with such calming tunes.  Now I've revisited an old friend, Ron Sexsmith's new Hermitage album.  This album reminds me of another time of innocence, of Paul McCartney Fab with songs running 3 minutes.  Nothing fancy, just good little ditties.  There's a bit of Teddy Thompson in it too and TT's new album coming out later this month and sounds like his old self.

https://youtu.be/l6qJ6IKthQo

https://youtu.be/aHnoG2PGlsE

A couple of weeks ago I started a little thing for when we had a TV rest day. Who ever's tour t-shirt I pulled from the pile was to be my featured music of the day - today for example it's Oli Brown Day  Good way to dig back into the collection and dust off some forgotten gems.

I didn't lose my job either, my company does commercial construction materials - doors, metal frames, and what they call Finish Hardware. However, as all of the Covid stuff was unfolding I had to have heart surgery and was sequestered for 2 months. I just came back to work this week, quite a shock to learn much earlier that I am in the high risk category - over 65, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, smoker most of my life, in poor physical shape and a depleted immune system from the surgery. So I am taking every precaution to not expose myself to possibly getting it
I have listened to a lot of music in the last 60 days, a lot of early Genesis for one and some concerts here and there on AXSHD. It's good to be back out of the house now, and especially back on this site that feels like home, and always has. Take care all and stay safe, goes without saying

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

I didn't lose my job either, my company does commercial construction materials - doors, metal frames, and what they call Finish Hardware. However, as all of the Covid stuff was unfolding I had to have heart surgery and was sequestered for 2 months. I just came back to work this week, quite a shock to learn much earlier that I am in the high risk category - over 65, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, smoker most of my life, in poor physical shape and a depleted immune system from the surgery. So I am taking every precaution to not expose myself to possibly getting it
I have listened to a lot of music in the last 60 days, a lot of early Genesis for one and some concerts here and there on AXSHD. It's good to be back out of the house now, and especially back on this site that feels like home, and always has. Take care all and stay safe, goes without saying

Stay safe Tres!  I check a few of those same boxes and may have gotten the virus and just rode it out for 12 days in late January and early February.  Going to get checked soon for antibodies.

Thanks man, and it's good to see you back here with regularity. I may not respond all the time but I do read all of your posts, especially if it's a new artist you find. Hopefully your test is positive and you are done with it until the vaccine arrives

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Stay safe whatever you do. Iv'e seen first hand what it has done to my youngest. Covid pneumonia followed by pleuricy  to add insult to injury. He's going back to work next week although he isn't really fit yet (he works in a care home) 35yrs old no real health issues but a bit weighty. Stay safe it's not worth the risk for a couple of months. sad

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

15 (edited by BansheeUK 2020-05-13 08:11:03)

Been back in at work over the last couple of weeks, couple of days each week doing safety checks - there are somethings you can't do over t'internet…

Even though there's barely a dozen people on site/campus all told, I've never felt such anxiety going in to work since the day I first started there, years ago. Just something for those of you itching to get back behind the reins, which will be the biggest hurdle getting back; anxiety, agoraphobia or alcoholism....?

Stay safe, and keep washing those hands....

Really enjoying the "One More Saturday Night" series of concert streams from Dead & Co.  It works pretty well with my schedule.  Great audio and visual quality:

https://www.facebook.com/DeadandCompany … 182433891/

Lack of snow...

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”