Topic: PBS sale with sound check seats

Hey all, as Joe's prices go up and I'm having a harder time "convincing " people to go.

PBS has the membership drive Joe promo for 2 tickets with sound check.

Does the sound check work out to be a band meet n greet?

Are the PBS ticket seats anywhere?

Used to be first 10 rows, but with sound check which would be premium seating, that give them a choice of seats farther back?

PBS tax receipt is a nice idea though

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

2 (edited by sally12333 2020-03-10 10:09:22)

Re: PBS sale with sound check seats

Hi Doug.  I can't help much about the sound checks other than they are usually before the Meet & Greets which typically start around 4:30.  Sometimes the M&Gs are at 5:30 depending on the show (e.g. back when it was half acoustic and half electric.)  Someone might update me on this though.

Yes the PBS tickets are supposed to be premium seats but no choice.  The one time I bought PBS tickets, I got row 5 which would have been great, but I had the last seat on the far right - - couldn't even see half the band! 
I was totally disappointed, and only later learned that if you get a bad PBS seat, you can try to find a PBS rep at the theater and they will seat you elsewhere...

Understand about convincing people to go with the prices.  I used to always buy my Bonavirgin guests' tickets, one time 5 people, but have to discontinue that!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

I may just end up buying a single seat in the balcony last minute in the fall , if I can't get a willing guest

---------------

I can't do anything about the meet and greet. I have two Milwaukee tix in marketplace for tonight. We got burned because the presale was before the sound check.

Sorry did not check the distance factor.

My wife and her closest Bonabuddy went to sound check in Milwaukee tonight. No meet and greet afterwards. Toronzo Cannon played with full band. For the show he stepped in for one song only. Joe and band excellent as expected , Kevin subbed for Reese. Who was out with Allman Bros. at Madison Square Garden.

7 (edited by DougH 2020-03-11 05:50:29)

Thanks
Had a few meet n greets with the old Street Team.. so I know the start/stop times for that

didn't know you went from soundcheck to the meet'n'greet area. But guess that doesn't happen.

With everything shutting down with Corona I would guess Joe's meet'n'greet will eventually too.
Having a hard time prying $450 for 2-PBS seats from my wife's hands.
The struggle is real

---------------

My PBS seats in Charlotte were row 13 right.  Not that great - mix & sound was also lacking.  Joe & band played their hearts out, set list was wonderful, wish I could have heard it all clearly, like I have in the past.  10th Joe show.