Re: My Next Concert (s)

Got a December to remember coming up...Walter Trout on December 4th followed by Raconteurs on the 5th....twice as nice !

Murfdog

Opeth at the London Palladium on Tuesday - a treat for the wife smile

2,055 (edited by Curby 2019-10-28 09:11:47)

Saw Davy Knowles October 18th at Mojo's Boneyard in my hometown and he put on an outstanding show.  Much to my surprise it wasn't an acoustic evening of songs but good old electric rock and roll.  Of course there was some blues sprinkled in and some nice covers as well.
My favorite moment in the concert was when he invited my good friend Boscoe France to do a couple songs.  The first was The Meters' "Fire On the Bayou" and second "Dear Mr. Fantasy" by Traffic.  They both play for Paul Reed Guitars and have become friends.
The thing that really got my attention was just how great a guitarist he is.  It's no wonder he caught the eye of someone like Peter Frampton.  I spoke with him after the show and told him his UK fans miss him and I could tell that hit home.  During the show he played "Fisherman's Blues" by The Waterboys in honor of his homeland.

Having seen an epic Bob Seger concert last week at Madison Square Garden, its Greta Van Fleet in Glasgow on Wednesday.

Steve Hackett @ Sheffield City Hall tomorrow. Another treat for the wife.

Joe Bonamassa in Madison, WI on November 7.

It's my silver jubilee show! big_smile

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

2,059 (edited by Rocket 2019-11-08 01:06:02)

BarbieD wrote:

No like button here, no hearts a poppin’ thingy’s, but Barbie, there IS THIS cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool 
Now that is truly awesome and highly jealousy factor rendering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

PS- How was it THIS time?! cool

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
BarbieD wrote:

No like button here, no hearts a poppin’ thingy’s, but Barbie, there IS THIS cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool 
Now that is truly awesome and highly jealousy factor rendering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

PS- How was it THIS time?! cool

First, let me start by saying we had a ton of fun before, during and after the show. That said, this one wasn't for the record books, at least not for me. Right off the bat, the crowd was a dud and the band was lacking... energy. Plus the sound was really off. Very muddy, at least from our spot in the 5th row. I know If Heartaches Were Nickels is a fan fave, but it's not a personal favorite, too slow. And then Blues of Desperation... also not a personal favorite. Everything just seemed to be too slow or something. Hard to articulate. But I gave it my all screaming at the top of my lungs after every song. (I did, after all, have to make up for the 2,000 who weren't doing anything!) So much so that Joe definitely noticed and mentioned it. Joe seemed to be enjoying himself. There were a couple times when he was laughing and smiling on stage. I talked to a few people after the show who were seeing Joe for the first time and they loved it, so that's good.

Now there's nothing until Joe visits Wisconsin again in March. I have tix to both shows and will look forward to seeing what happens.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Dec 19th - Paul Rose Trio @ Newcastle; Cluny

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Geordie.  Saturday Nov 30th @ Rolls Royce Social club, Barnoldswick.  big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Dan Baird in Edinburgh on Sunday. His very last gig before he retires.

Robben Ford at UAB Alys Stephens Center, in the Sirote state of the art concert hall on Jan 23. Son and I saw Joe there many years back, before he became very well known and had to play the horrible but larger Jefferson Civic Center. I have only seen Robben one other time and that was when he was with Tom Scott's band backing Joni Mitchell, so this does qualify as a bucket list event

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Xander & The Peace Pirates @ Darlington Forum - 10-01-20

2,066 (edited by RickB 2020-01-07 20:57:25)

Well, his name came up a few times in a forum search.
Next week at a new local venue and free.
Eric Tessmer and thanks for the heads-up from a Bonabud.
I’ve never heard him, and now I will.
Rick.
Edit.
Venue was the local boat and ski club clubhouse at the end of a dark road.
Eric remarked that he and the band were wondering what they’d booked when they showed up at what looks like a boat storage facility.
About 100 folks showed, the place was packed and after a somewhat tentative start with some feeling out tunes, he found that bluesrock and rock and roll of the loud variety was what we wanted, and his trio delivered the goods.
If he comes near, go see him. He’s a player!

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Ariel Posen @ Hartlepool; Supporters - Jan 25th

Geordie, tonight at Barnoldswick, Yorkshire big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Well it won't be one of my next concerts but it could be yours there in the UK and Ireland. No, Eric Gales does not pay me to post for him, wish I could be there for some of these

MAY
25     Bristol, The Fleece
26     Southampton, The 1865
27     Bilston, The Robin 2 Club
28     Nottingham, Nottingham Rescue Rooms
29     Gateshead, Sage Gateshead
30     Leeds, Brudenell Social Club

31     Ballyshannon, Ireland   Rory Gallagher International Tribute Festival

June 
1     Glasgow, Oran Mor
2     Manchester, Manchester Academy
3     London, O2 Academy Islington

July
19     Maidstone, Ramblin' Man Festival .......... will Dickey Betts be there ?

These should all sell out, get them tickets while they last, venues subject to change

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

The Manor House Songwriters Afternoon:
Manor House, Sedgefield - 2nd February 2020 Doors 2pm

Phil Caffrey
Phil, along with brothers Peter & Paul, had been singing together for most of their lives, their harmonies were compared to that of the Eagles in the 70’s. Phil is still a highly respected and extremely talented musician, vocalist and writer and is involved in a host of local projects.

David Neil Crabtree
David Neil Crabtree is fast emerging as a contemporary and highly versatile music talent, with a loyal and rapidly developing fan base spanning Country, Contemporary, Blues, soft and heavy Rock music genres. One of Dave's many hats these days is lead singer/multi instrumentalist with fast rising local band The Mentulls

Hayley McKay
Hailing from Darlington Hayley McKay is an extraordinarily gifted singer/songwriter with an amazingly pure voice.
Hayley has been likened to Eva Cassidy, Colbie Caillat, and LeAnn Rimes thanks to her hauntingly beautiful voice and moving lyrics.
She has a distinctive style that shows her to be an all-round soulful country artist with flair that is very much her own.