Topic: BCC Amp Help

Which amp would be able to get closer to Joe’s BCC tone, the Marshall DSL20HR or the Marshall Silver Jubilee Mini?

Re: BCC Amp Help

Remember Joe doesn't run his amps like Jimmy on 10, his are set to like 6 or 7 on the volume.
Plus you're trying to get a sound of 2 or 3 100w 4x12 rig out of a single 20w amp with probably a 1x12 or 2x12 cab.

Probably go with the mini

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Thank you for the reply.

Definitely a tall order to replicate exact tones. However, approximations can be had and fairly simply. I would go with the silver Jubilee mini and run it in a way that can be pushed into different levels of drive. That with a LP style guitar and a nice tube screamer, maybe an EQ pedal to correct for certain frequency deficits, will get you close enough.

I think when most people read posts like "help me get this tone with completely different gear" the first thought is "it cannot be done" which is actually, true. However, most of us, well at least for me, just want some of those tonal characters, like a tight low went, dynamics, and a vocal/musical midrange. I think The Jubille, TS-808, and EQ pedal is a great starting point. You may want to add a bit of reverb and or delay to the mix.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

Thanks for the help.  Ok that's awesome, because I am actually using a Les Paul, and have a Maxon 808 tube screamer.  I also use a Line 6 HXFX as my FX unit, so should have the tools you mentioned to try to find a workable tone.  Thanks again.

Swan wrote:

Thanks for the help.  Ok that's awesome, because I am actually using a Les Paul, and have a Maxon 808 tube screamer.  I also use a Line 6 HXFX as my FX unit, so should have the tools you mentioned to try to find a workable tone.  Thanks again.

One thing to keep in mind also and probably a huge part of the old JB tones is the speaker. I would put a higher wattage, flatter frequency response into a Marshall style amp. I have been using the Eminence EM12Ns for a while now and love them. Much lighter than a regular EV12L. My two cents. Definitely play with EQ on your HXFX. The other option is to take a clean pedal platform and try to get the rest from the HX.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD