Re: Any RUSH fans out there?

I just happened to pick up Fly By Night this last weekend, which I'd never owned before.  Of course I've heard the title track a million times, but I wasn't as familiar with the rest of the album.  What a great record top to bottom.  I think it shot right up into my Top 5 Rush albums.

yep, Bytor & Snow Dog may show up on some other compilations but this is essential Rush for sure

ZeyerGTR wrote:

I just happened to pick up Fly By Night this last weekend, which I'd never owned before.  Of course I've heard the title track a million times, but I wasn't as familiar with the rest of the album.  What a great record top to bottom.  I think it shot right up into my Top 5 Rush albums.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

this thread is a bit old, but just saw it.

for me, in no real particular order here are the albums I would start with......and if you like them, chances are you will like almost everything they have done;

moving pictures
permanent waves
hemispsheres
grace under pressure
counterparts

Bless you for including Counterparts, many Rush fans have this one towards the bottom of their list, it is a gem to me

masque wrote:

this thread is a bit old, but just saw it.

for me, in no real particular order here are the albums I would start with......and if you like them, chances are you will like almost everything they have done;

moving pictures
permanent waves
hemispsheres
grace under pressure
counterparts

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Farewell To Kings, it Blew Me Away when it came out and I was a teen, would listen to it everyday or multiple times and I still NEVER tire of it. It's the Pink Floyd of Rush.
Clockwork Angels was a great rocking way to wrap up their impact of the music world.

RIP Neil

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … ry-936221/

It really is In The End now sad

I saw Rush many times live, and they were my first concert ever.  For me, Neil was the best drummer/percussionist ever.  RIP.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

RIP Neil.  Definitely my all time favorite rock drummer.  Just above Bonham and Moon.  Now all three in heaven.

Very sad news about Neil.
I’ll be listening to a lot of RUSH today.

Lester

Very sad. A great loss to the world sad

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

I'm a drummer..... so of course a huge Neil Peart fan. HUGE talent. HUGE loss. RIP Mr. Peart. Thank You for sharing your talent with us. Very sad.

About eight years ago my Firebird club was hosting the All Firebird Lawn show at the Saratoga Auto Museum. That night Rush was playing at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, which is located behind the Museum. Early afternoon, I see three tour buses driving up the road past the Museum and show field, going to SPAC....Rush had arrived!! I dreamed big hoping the guys would stop by to check out the Firebirds but no.

SPAC is amphitheater, so when it was sound check time, we could hear everything loud and clear. I was hoping Neil would tear up the drum kit but we got better than that.... The guys played seven songs.   Checking out 160 Firebirds with Rush playing in the background is a great way to spend an afternoon.

Addicted to Drums.. Music.. Drums.. Cars.. Drums.. Drums.. Drums.... Not looking for a cure!!

Sad to lose one of the best ever. I think I am going to go listen to Hemispheres  tonight

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky