Topic: The Street Teaming, Wild Born Chincoteague Pony Has Joined Facebook!

Hay There Street Teamers!    In order to vote for the Street Team shirt design, I have FINALLY got "GG" a Facebook page and have formally launched her career as a Street Team Member.

I don't know how to do a 'click on link,' but you can go to Facebook and she is listed as :  GG aka "Whisper's Wind Dancer"

Check it out and give me some feed back.

I have been having the " Tahoe Blues" lately getting this summer going.   All the 4-H horses got sick right after getting their shoes on, finally got them to the Lake last week and hosted group of kids from Tahoe Safe Alliance.

That's what makes it all worthwhile.

We had our first open house July 28th.

We Street Teamed with our regular 4-H booth with games and Tee-Pee over the 4th of Jul;y week-end ( without horses) at the "Red, White and Tahoe Blue Village Fair"

The saddle bags with the speakers for the mp3 player (THANKS AGAIN Rick!) are finally on the work table.  I will be making them out of the scraps from the recent boat project "Split Second".

They are racing her and several other notable Tahoe boats, to celebrate the 85th Annual boat race from Chamber's Landing on the West Shore, this Sunday 9 AM

Last week-end she took "Most Elegant" award at the boat show in South Shore.

That's the red leather that will make the fringe for the Joe B packin' saddle bags.

You will be able to keep up on the adventures of  the Joe Bonamassa Street Team "Tahoe Blues  Northside Chapter" on GG's page and of course the Forum!

"Cowboys, Indians and Italians, Whoever Has The Most Fun Wins!"   has always been the motto around here, and so HAPPY to take Joe and the Street Team along for the ride.

It's been a slow, hard start but it's not how you start, but how you finish that counts!

I hope you all are in for a great summer!

Happy Trails,  Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Re: The Street Teaming, Wild Born Chincoteague Pony Has Joined Facebook!

Hay All,  We only have one like on Facebook and I am asking for some feedback and support on this from the generous  folks on the Forum.

All new to me, and I always appreciate all the comments as the Forum has honest response.

ANY help appreciated.

Happy Trails!

Tahoe Jo

Jane H. wrote:

thanks for the heads up. Glad I checked it out, this is what I call using one's Bonamasspecialty smile

Thanks Jane!    Thanks for the "like" too.  That is all uncharted waters for me.  Have you ever gone out to see the ponies on Assateague? 

Another Forum member a while back shared with me that they go camping there almost every year.

They play Joe out there all the time.   That's what led me to believe that GG may have been a Joe B fan way before me!

I also want to say I LOVE your avatar!  When my daughter comes to visit me later this month I hope to be able to learn how to do that.   At least I know what an Avatar is now, so that is progress.

Enjoy your holiday week-end!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Heading there in two weeks - missed out last year due to back surgery so really looking forward to this years stay.  I was there in the spring for a couple of days (sharing its beauty with a friend from London) but that was just a brief taste of our trip in the fall.  I did find and like your page.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Jane H. wrote:

i have been there but not spent as much time as Sandy. and i would not be suprised if your Pony was already familiar with Joe music.
The deer around my house certainly are

We have a large population of garbage bears who hear Joe a lot, like the rest of my neighbors, on a regular basis.

We can only hope that attracts the nice bears.    I have a friend in Richmond, so may-be I can visit there too sometime.

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

samjp4 wrote:

Heading there in two weeks - missed out last year due to back surgery so really looking forward to this years stay.  I was there in the spring for a couple of days (sharing its beauty with a friend from London) but that was just a brief taste of our trip in the fall.  I did find and like your page.

Sandy

Hay Sandy,   I hope you have healed well from surgery.   Do you notice a lot of difference between the ponies that are owned by the fire department and are handled more by people, in terms of their behavior and interaction with people when they are free roaming.

I had seen an article that said they had had some trouble with the visitors feeding the ponies and they ponies getting aggressive at times to get what they wanted.

Since GG's mother "Whisper of Living Legend" was a photo identified and popular pony, I wonder if some of the trouble I recently had with GG is behavior she saw as a foal.

For sure the people who bought her for the grandkids that lost interest, ended up treating her as a "Barn Baby". 

I feel we can work with her, last year when I first got her and the behavior presented itself, we were successful in training her out of it, working every day.

She is smart and not bad tempered.   Foals raised without good manners tend to assume as adult horses that the can break people's space at will.

They can get a real sense of entitlement that could mean GG couldn't work here with the kids.

The better I understand her, the better chance we have to help her become a great pony, setting up her tasks and learning for success, rather than fighting an uphill battle.

Since you have traveled there often, any insight based on your experiences would be much appreciated!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Hay Sandy,   I hope you have healed well from surgery.   Do you notice a lot of difference between the ponies that are owned by the fire department and are handled more by people, in terms of their behavior and interaction with people when they are free roaming.

I had seen an article that said they had had some trouble with the visitors feeding the ponies and they ponies getting aggressive at times to get what they wanted.

Since GG's mother "Whisper of Living Legend" was a photo identified and popular pony, I wonder if some of the trouble I recently had with GG is behavior she saw as a foal.

For sure the people who bought her for the grandkids that lost interest, ended up treating her as a "Barn Baby". 

I feel we can work with her, last year when I first got her and the behavior presented itself, we were successful in training her out of it, working every day.

She is smart and not bad tempered.   Foals raised without good manners tend to assume as adult horses that the can break people's space at will.

They can get a real sense of entitlement that could mean GG couldn't work here with the kids.

The better I understand her, the better chance we have to help her become a great pony, setting up her tasks and learning for success, rather than fighting an uphill battle.

Since you have traveled there often, any insight based on your experiences would be much appreciated!

Tahoe Jo

PS  Thank you very much for the "like" on Facebook!

Tahoe Jo

samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Hay Sandy! First let me say I hope you have healed Well from that back surgery!

A few twists & turns to life since I was last on the Forum but the Best news is the 4-H Club has continued uninterrupted, now in our 32nd year
Joe B with me every step of the way!

Our Chincoteague Pony Mascot GG has passed my Hopes & Expectations. She is mannerly and rides out fine, using the Natural Horsemanship she has retained all of her Spirit while becoming a Cherished working member of the club.

She has learned to recognize Joe's music and even responded immediately when I played "Redemption" even though she hadn't heard it before. She had her head up & running at the first few bars. She doesn't respond to other music that way, even in the same genre.

We are currently teaching her Eric Gales music starting w "Something's Gotta Give" but using different rewards. I am hoping to get her to Street Team for Eric as well as Joe.

Found out the key to getting GG on the right track was addressing things I had to change in myself but that's the Beauty of the Natural Horsemanship method. It makes both the Horse & the Horseman Better!

Hope life has brought you many good things since I was last on the Forum.

Happy Trails Ahead!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Hay Sandy! First let me say I hope you have healed Well from that back surgery!

A few twists & turns to life since I was last on the Forum but the Best news is the 4-H Club has continued uninterrupted, now in our 32nd year
Joe B with me every step of the way!

Our Chincoteague Pony Mascot GG has passed my Hopes & Expectations. She is mannerly and rides out fine, using the Natural Horsemanship she has retained all of her Spirit while becoming a Cherished working member of the club.

She has learned to recognize Joe's music and even responded immediately when I played "Redemption" even though she hadn't heard it before. She had her head up & running at the first few bars. She doesn't respond to other music that way, even in the same genre.

We are currently teaching her Eric Gales music starting w "Something's Gotta Give" but using different rewards. I am hoping to get her to Street Team for Eric as well as Joe.

Found out the key to getting GG on the right track was addressing things I had to change in myself but that's the Beauty of the Natural Horsemanship method. It makes both the Horse & the Horseman Better!

Hope life has brought you many good things since I was last on the Forum.

Happy Trails Ahead!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Great to hear from you again, Tahoe Jo!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Still here, still go to Assateague and still follow Joe.  Sadly this place and the street team are pretty much done.  Nice to hear from you.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:

Still here, still go to Assateague and still follow Joe.  Sadly this place and the street team are pretty much done.  Nice to hear from you.

Sandy

Glad to hear you still enjoy Joe & Assateague but it is Sad about the Street Team if participation has fallen off.

I guess I am part of the problem here on the Forum, since it's been so long since I posted anything. Life can get in the way...

Be Well , and Thanks for the reply!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

sally12333 wrote:

Great to hear from you again, Tahoe Jo!!

Hay Sally! Nice to "hear" your voice!!

Hope to be on the Forum more often.
Merry Christmas

Tahoe Jo

I saw the photo you posted. Nice to hear from you. Stay warm up in the Sierra.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381