Re: Steepwater Band

I came across this single released last spring.  Reminds me a bit of Neil Young and The Replacements - nice groove.

http://youtu.be/WPW8KkVKczI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNF-9h7c … e=youtu.be video from the new live album

Live and Humble out Dec 3rd.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/live- … d727813276 For anybody that might like to preview the new live album. This released a few weeks ago. I much prefer this selection of songs than their previous live one. Plus has the additional guitarist Eric Saylors. Worth checking out.

Have an oppurtunity to see these guys Aug. 1st in Lake Tahoe @ The Crystal Bay Club. They play the after party following Ana Popovic in the showroom. Can't beat the price.....FREE, just need to locate a room nearby, not easy to do that time of year in Tahoe.

Keep Tahoe Blue!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Have an oppurtunity to see these guys Aug. 1st in Lake Tahoe @ The Crystal Bay Club. They play the after party following Ana Popovic in the showroom. Can't beat the price.....FREE, just need to locate a room nearby, not easy to do that time of year in Tahoe.

Keep Tahoe Blue!

J Dawg

Nice!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Have an opportunity to see these guys Aug. 1st in Lake Tahoe @ The Crystal Bay Club. They play the after party following Ana Popovic in the showroom. Can't beat the price.....FREE, just need to locate a room nearby, not easy to do that time of year in Tahoe.

Keep Tahoe Blue!

J Dawg

Got lucky and scored a room for the weekend! No place I'd rather spend time away from home!

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

The live cd is great. Going to see them on the end of August at Gevarenwinkel Festival in Belgium.

A recent show in OKC at a small club. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUq0DC2XisY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKUYVHVxB_k Not sure if I posted this here. This was from a show here a year and a half ago. Board recording set to slide show.

I resurrected the original topic to post this. As you can see I have been a fan for a while and they just came through town last week and they just keep getting better. Here is a new song they are including in their upcoming best of album. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXXPqombhYE a link to a review of the album http://therockoffice.com/audio.html I know some people have since discovered them from posts here and I know if you have an opportunity to check them out please do. They are starting to gain traction and they have earned it. A great group of guys slugging it out on the road. Check them out if you haven't already and catch them if you can. If you want to download the album Live and Humble which is available at Itunes that captures their current live show. Highly recommend.

Agreed Jim. Live and Humble is ace.

The Steepwater Band tonight in OKC. The band is going to play at a show following our monthly blues jam. They are touring their new album Shake Your Faith which is a departure somewhat to their more rockin albums of the past although you always knew Jeff was heavily influenced by Lennon. Another influence Jagger which became apparent when they toured a tribute to Get Your Ya Ya's out last year.

The guys are coming in early to join our house band for a brief jam which should be interesting I'll shoot a little Facebook live and if anybody is interested.

jim m wrote:

The Steepwater Band tonight in OKC. The band is going to play at a show following our monthly blues jam. They are touring their new album Shake Your Faith which is a departure somewhat to their more rockin albums of the past although you always knew Jeff was heavily influenced by Lennon. Another influence Jagger which became apparent when they toured a tribute to Get Your Ya Ya's out last year.

The guys are coming in early to join our house band for a brief jam which should be interesting I'll shoot a little Facebook live and if anybody is interested.

I had listened to Shake Your Faith and it kind of caught me off guard
tried to get into it but I couldn't.
Maybe should give it another go.
I was hoping for something more rocking after Live an Humble

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

They have been added to Joe's cruise. How good is that?

Couple of UK dates have emerged for Steepwater Band, now apparently with added Marc Ford who's going to be a busy lad if news of The Black Crowes re-union tour hold out..

June 2020
Jun26 2020  Steepwater Band Rob Tognoni - Aberdeen, Cafe Drummond
Jun27 2020  Steepwater Band + Rob Tognoni - Hartlepool Supporters Club

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

70 (edited by Kenny 2019-12-10 11:01:13)

BansheeUK wrote:

Couple of UK dates have emerged for Steepwater Band, now apparently with added Marc Ford who's going to be a busy lad if news of The Black Crowes re-union tour hold out..

June 2020

We have been involved with getting the tour dates - here is up to date position :
23rd June - TBA
24th June - GLASGOW
25th June - EDINBURGH
26th June - ABERDEEN
27th June - HARTLEPOOL
28th June - POYNTON
29th June - TBA
30th June - LONDON, 100 Club
1st July - TBA

Where did you hear about Marc Ford being involved? He has produced an album of theirs in the past.

Don't think any ex Black Crowes members will be involved with the comeback.

Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

June 2020

We have been involved with getting the tour dates - here is up to date position :
23rd June - TBA
24th June - GLASGOW
25th June - EDINBURGH
26th June - ABERDEEN
27th June - HARTLEPOOL
28th June - POYNTON
29th June - TBA
1st July - TBA

Where did you hear about Marc Ford being involved? He has produced an album of theirs in the past.

Blurb that came with gig notice via Ents…. Had my eyebrows raised, thought the most recent new guy was Joe Bishop on bass. Still, whoever's in the band, bound to be a crazy night in wild, west Hartlepool.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:
Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

June 2020

23rd June - TBA
24th June - GLASGOW
25th June - EDINBURGH
26th June - ABERDEEN
27th June - HARTLEPOOL
28th June - POYNTON
29th June - TBA
1st July - TBA

Blurb that came with gig notice via Ents…. Had my eyebrows raised, thought the most recent new guy was Joe Bishop on bass. Still, whoever's in the band, bound to be a crazy night in wild, west Hartlepool.

Marc Ford is not participating in the Black Crowes reunion tour and I would be surprised if he was actually a member of TSB not surprised if he is involved in producing a new album of theirs. Glad they are able to get some dates booked in the UK always thought they would do well there. I have been a fan since 2006 and they have been working hard in the US but only managed some success in Spain in efforts to build an audience in Europe. One of my favorite bands and great people too.