Topic: 10/29 Oklahoma City, OK

Does anyone have the set list to last night's show in OKC?

Re: 10/29 Oklahoma City, OK

I was there. 4th row. It was amazing. I took my parents. My dad at 68, is not impressed by much anymore WAS BLOWN AWAY.

Evil Mama
Just Cause You Can
King Bee
Heartaches
This Train
Blues of Desperation
I Get Evil
Sloe gin

Well Well
Tea For One/I Can't Quit You
Little Girl
Ballad of John Henry

Woke up Dreaming
Mountain Time

For those of you without Facebook https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z7nUEjZm_c

How to draw jim m back in...thanks whomever asked!  Thanks jim!  And thank Kenny, too.

Rock ON & Keep The Faith.
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Thank you!

Rocket wrote:

How to draw jim m back in...thanks whomever asked!  Thanks jim!  And thank Kenny, too.

Rock ON & Keep The Faith.
Rocket

Started out here as a fan and always here to help a fellow fan. Joe hadn't been to town in 3 years so it was great having him on my home turf. Rainy Tuesday night and the Chesapeake isn't necessarily a venue you want to attend concerts at. Great for a basketball game not so good concert hall but you have no choice when The Eagles, Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John and so on it is the arena in town. Lately Carrie Underwood, Chris Stapleton, Guns n Roses.

So when Joe, who prefers The Civic Center, 2,500 cap plays the Peake the casual fan assume he has become an arena act. 18,000 capacity. He actually is still that 2,500 seat act with the ability to turn that room in to an intimate 2,500 seat venue. Stage set at half court playing to one end of the arena with drapes drawn around the nose bleeds. There were more suites in use this time than the last time he was there in 2014 since the PBS crowd are suite owners there.

It was a great show, although he was fighting a cold his voice was in great form. A new/old arrangement of Heartaches and Woke Up Dreaming being dusted off as an encore followed by a new arrangement of Mountain Time it was a great show. Michael Rhodes showcased a bit more and Lemar Carter nailed it on drums. Antone's got big shoes to fill and Lemar filled them quite nicely.

A brief guitar safari pre show saw him add another V to the collection. One he has known about since 2012 before Amos came into his life so he left with a little piece of Oklahoma History with him.

Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/14847638@ … 1622324737

Jane H. wrote:

Thanks Jim. I don't know all the specifics but its worth noting...you've been promoting Joe shows in OKC since 2002 or something, and this was first since then that was just J&R? sorry, i know I didn't explain that the best but from what I read on your facebook. I know you are modest but please elaborate if you wish. Way to go!! I know you didn't first turn me on to Joe but you definitely have been a part of why I am still a fan.

Discovered Joe in 2001 via a press kit sent to Blues Societies, Saw him in 2002 in Tulsa at the now defunct Tulsa Blues Fest. Took nearly a year to convince Roy to give me a chance to promote a show in OKC. 2003 first show here. 2004, 2005,2006 Stage Center in OKC The Venue in Tulsa,2007 show at Stage Center, Cain's Ballroom  and 30th birthday pictured in my avatar, 2008 was the last promotion I did independently 2010 was a co-promote with J&R 2012 was J&R 2014, 2016 and 2019 J&R with me just helping on the ground here. J&R are a well oiled promotions machine and are much better than I although I like to think I do help a bit.

I got into the music business because of Joe and I have stayed in it to some degree because of Joe. Not so much a business as a hobby. It has been a roller coaster ride of sorts and like you Jane and many that have been a witness to the long ride up the mountain I think we all knew it would roll down the other side easily picking up momentum once it did. I might be the reason you have stayed involved but the real reason we both stay involved is Joe. He is that guy and always will be the guy we just want to see succeed.

8 (edited by Inluvwithjoe 2019-11-04 18:57:45)

I was there to see Joe in Oklahoma City At The Chesapeake Center.
It was my 20th time to see him live and my 8th Meet and Greet.
Joe was his awesome self, flawless. I had no idea he was fighting a cold, he sure did not sound like it to me.
He was very cordial at my meet and greet. I always just rush through without thinking of what to say. I did give him a note from me and the members of FB group, Bonanation. He thanked me. I had him autograph the Guitar World issue in which he had been voted #1 Blues Guitarist. He seemed disappointed that is was not the issue with him on the cover (it had Buddy Guy on the cover).
The show was amazing, as usual. I was pleasantly surprised to hear some old fan favorites, like “The Ballad Of John Henry”, “If Heartaches Were Nickels”, “Sloe Gin”,  “Woke Up Dreaming”, And “Mountain Time”! I was hoping to hear “Self Inflicted Wounds” but understand it is probably hard to sing live. He did mention Jim M in his band intro, as he always does when he plays Oklahoma City, giving credit where credit is due to Jim, who helped him get his start.
It was a cold rainy night and Joe was not happy about it and made his feelings clear in the band intro.

All in all, it was another fantastic show, and I repeat, flawless, like only Joe can do, every time!

Thank you Joe for another awesome show. Safe travels. See you next time.

Thanks Jim M for the set list from that night.

Nancy in Oklahoma