1 (edited by bobbeyond1313 2019-10-09 15:45:59)

Topic: 2019 Fall Tour Whats The Buzz and What Do You Expect and Hope For??

With the Fall 2019 Tour scheduled to kick off in just 10 short days I was wondering what everyone has heard, expects, hopes and wishes for...Tell me what show you are going to and what you hope to hear played!!!

I am going to the Beacon Theater show on Saturday November 16, 2019...Cant phreaking wait!!!!

I Hope:

Anton is Back and ready and raring to go!!!!

To hear some of the new as yet unrecorded songs played as works in progress ala "Darkside of the Moon" and "Animals"...You know the ones that were written with Bernie Marsden in June 2019 at Abbey Road Studios and not recorded yet because of Anton's injury....

To hear some old songs I have never heard JB do live like "If Heartaches Were Nickels", "Colour and Shape", "Midnight Blues" and "Blue and Evil"...

To hear a Zep cover I have never heard JB do live like "You Shook Me"...

To hear an entirely New Setlist from the one I heard in March at The State Theater in New Brunswick!!…

To hear something totally unexpected like "Tin Pan Alley", "Old Love" or "Machine Gun"...

To have special guests Warren Haynes, Eric Gales and Beth Hart!!!!…

What shows are you going to...what has anyone heard about the plans for Fall 2019 Tour... and what would you like to see and hear happen at your show???

Peace, Love and Happiness...and We are all just Mutants of the Monster!!

Re: 2019 Fall Tour Whats The Buzz and What Do You Expect and Hope For??

Jane H. wrote:

Color and Shape would definitely be excellent but i just doubt there will be that many changes

I don't expect but would welcome any guest sit ins...trouble for though is usually its some extremely common old blues cover song that gets done in those cases....doesn't do that much for me, nor do the little back and forth guitar 'duels' other than for brief amounts of time idk

Hope you are wrong and the whole setlist is changed...If it is the same setlist from March 2019 show I went too...probably will just sell my ticket and catch the show the next time!!!! Oh and also Hope and pray Anton made a speedy recovery and is back sooner!!! Enjoy your show!!!

3 (edited by bobbeyond1313 2019-10-09 19:55:44)

Jane H. wrote:

Thanks I hope you enjoy your show too.
I am sorry to hear that you might not go. I understand but also its pretty common for Joe to keep a similar setlist for a year or so.

It seems that Anton is recovering well according to his tweet
https://twitter.com/TheAntonFig/status/ … 7061981188

I also always hope for new songs but i dunno.....

Glad to see Anton is doing well with his recovery...Thanks for the link to the tweet!!

Guess he wont be back this fall...Bummer...But glad he is progressing well with his recovery!!...

I know setlists last about a year generally...

But with JB playing North Jersey and 2 nights in Long Island just 7 months ago...and Atlantic City 2 months ago...

Can not imagine he would play same setlist in New York to basically same crowd again...especially for all 3 nights at the Beacon!!

Sorry but I disagree...I love JB's Zep covers and original Blues versions of those songs..."You Shook Me" would be awesome!!!!

and I love the Call and Response and Guitar Duels like the one he had with Eric Gales on the cruise...That was Killer imho!!!!

and yeah I know special guests probably not happening...but just my wish list...would love to hear JB and Warren Play "IHWN"

or hear Eric Gales and Joe do just about anything!!!!! smile

And I would kill to hear the New "Unrecorded" songs before they hit Abbey Road Studios in January 2020!!!!!

Had a Blast In New Brunswick in March and  just hoping for something completely different and just as Killer!!!!!

Especially with the news Anton will not be playing this Fall... sad

"We are all just Mutants of the Monster"

Jane H. wrote:

he does mix it up a little night to night when doing a run of shows in one place, so there's that
but idk if you can say it would be the same crowd...in a city that big...other than the die hards

but i hear ya and there's only one way to find out big_smile

Just saw the setlist from last nights opening show...Almost exactly the same except for IHWN that I saw in March and same as in Westbury and Atlantic City...So with that and No Anton...Gonna try and sell my ticket and catch him next time...

Paramount Theatre, Oakland, CA 10/19/2019

Setlist:

Tiger in Your Tank
Evil Mama
Just 'Cos You Can Don't Mean You Should
King Bee Shakedown
If Heartaches Were Nickels
This Train
Blues of Desperation
Sloe Gin
Well, Well
Nobody Loves Me but My Mother
Little Girl
The Ballad of John Henry

Encores:

Woke Up Dreaming
Mountain Time

I'll play along.... here is what I would love to hear, maybe it is more my ultimate set list.  In no particular order...
Burning in Hell
Oh Beautiful
Trouble Town
John Henry
Angel of Mercy
I Gave Up Everything For You
Nobody Loves Me But My Mother
Double Trouble
Living On The Moon
Love Ain't A Love Song
Blue and Evil
Dislocated Boy
Jelly Roll
Get Back My Tomorrow

Some of these seem to be from the Power Trio days I unfortunately missed the boat on...
While we're at it, I'd like to see Lenny Castro join back up for some extra percussion.

Just saw the setlist from last nights show...Almost exactly the same as show I saw in March in New Brunswick, NJ and almost exactly the same as the two shows in Westbury that month and the two shows in Atlantic City in August...So I have decided to sell my ticket and catch him the next time around...No Anton and almost exactly the same setlist is just not that thrilling for me!!!!

UPDATE: 11/11/2019 Ticket Sold...Catch you the next time around!!!! Looking forward to the New Album and Show!!!

"We are all just mutants of the monster"