1 (edited by jakey 2019-10-07 07:35:51)

Topic: Scored my Dream Amp! 1963 Vibroverb with clips

I know many of us play and love gear- anyway, I recently scored an all original 2 x 10 Brownface 6G16 1963 Vibroverb, thought by many to be Fender's greatest amp (always a debate, but...)

This is #0362 of 626 ever built and formally belonged to a banker type who hardly used it (!)- well we'll soon change that.

It's completely original save for a few changed caps (and I don't have the footswitch, sadly!). Speakers, trannies, all original.

Enjoy these little clips- in both cases using a 1971 strat 4 bolt neck direct in, amp reverb only

Knopflery stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbRlDBvkqXQ

Bluesy Stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH_WyCQDRgc

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips...."

JB LP Goldtop No. 290- Aged...rather like me.

Re: Scored my Dream Amp! 1963 Vibroverb with clips

jakey! great to hear from you and that you got your dream amp!
thanks for the clips as well
I'm going to move this over to the Gear section....not a lot of us left here but I still think some folks into gear mostly check that section

Rock n Roll!!!

Jane H. wrote:

I'm going to move this over to the Gear section....not a lot of us left here but I still think some folks into gear mostly check that section

Rock n Roll!!!

Thanks Jane! Hope you're well. x

4 (edited by cindyron 2019-10-07 14:52:24)

jakey wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Rock n Roll!!!

Very nice find and score. What kinda price did you get?

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
jakey wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Rock n Roll!!!

7k !!

jakey wrote:
cindyron wrote:
jakey wrote:

7k !!

Nice hard to find amp. My friend just got one $6k but your sounds in better shape congrats

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Got one of RI's a couple of months ago, it's replaced all my other amps!! Love that thing!