Re: The NFL - National Football League

RickB wrote:

I'm rooting for those Chiefs too (ahead by 13 as I type smile ), the better half is a Vikes fan. That game should be a frozen tundra affair. A favorite by a fair margin,  but can the Seahawks prevail when frozen?
Rick

Come on, now, there is only one Frozen Tundra.  Unfortunately we collapsed in the second half of the season and won't play there until next year... wink  For the record, I'm rooting for the Vikings, too.

I was an NFL nut for years but over the last few years due to a decent lack of coverage in Europe (plus I had no cable or satellite) I didn't watch anything during 2014-2016.

Having just finished watching the NFL/Amazon Series 'All or Nothing' boy have I got the taste for it again. I'd be interested to hear what any US Forum members thought of it. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. Not having registered the results through the season the series was pretty much 'real time' for me so it was nailbiting stuff.

The Cardinal's organisation (Managers and all the players) are to be heartily congratulated for allowing such a level of access and insight into what became their most successful season to date.

I guess he has his detractors out there but Bruce Arians was for me a revelation. Loved his attitude, passion for the game and his players and uncensored heavy duty swearing. You can't be involved in such a sport without a cuss or two!

If you haven't seen the series and love a great story with a heartbreak at the end, give 'All or Nothing' a look.

I loved it......

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

thoughts and prayers go out to Matt Millen, now in the fight for his life with a rare type of cancer, one that attacks your organs including the heart. I saw him in the 1979 Sugar Bowl vs Alabama, what a game that was. If the chemo works he will still need to have a heart transplant at some point.............. please keep him in your prayers

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

This topic needs a shot of adrenaline!!!.....hey that's why Im here smile ….ever hear about Antonio Brown.....who cares anyways....I don't play any of the fantasy stuff or I would follow this closer....my 49ers think there good, Im not sure about that though...I still believe the Pats will win it all (I can remember when they stunk every year, somebody slap them around please)

this is going to be an interesting year to say the least, good riddance to AB and yes let him go back to school where he can only cause more trouble. Once again I don't have a particular team to root for, have tried ATL and NO in the past and just can't get into them this year. So I'm going with the Titans and the Bears this year............ and I don't play any fantasy either, but there is a great show that comes on the NFL Network on Monday nights that highlights fantasy play from the week prior and it is hilarious, I laughed the entire hour. Good luck to them 49ers, I like their chances

Shredit wrote:

This topic needs a shot of adrenaline!!!.....hey that's why Im here smile ….ever hear about Antonio Brown.....who cares anyways....I don't play any of the fantasy stuff or I would follow this closer....my 49ers think there good, Im not sure about that though...I still believe the Pats will win it all (I can remember when they stunk every year, somebody slap them around please)

49er and Chiefs in the Superbowl……I guess my timing was bad when I dumped the 49ers for the local team Cardinals.....hey, I never claimed to be wise

well my Titans and King Henry went down as I figured they would, so now I just want to see a really good SB game. I think we will get that if 49ers can figure out how to slow down Mahomes

Nobody has figured out Mahomes so I give him the edge.
Go Chiefs! It’s been a long time coming.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Shredit wrote:

Very sad news, Kenny "The Snake" Stabler passed away yesterday, part of my childhood was watching my Raiders play on Sundays.....whatta ya say a little "Sweet Home Alabama" by the band

Snake was such a funny guy.  The story's he would have about his time with the Raiders were always great to hear.  I highly recommend his books, especially the first one he wrote in the early 80's.  Covers his time with Raiders to end of career.

If it wasn't for the Steelers we would have never got to even hear of "THE SNAKE"  When the Raiders drafted him, he was buried on the QB chart. During a pre-season game, he went up to the owner of the Steelers and begged him to trade for him, "i'll never play here, they like using the old guys i'll never get a shot" so they asked Al what it would take to trade for him and that made Davis insert Snake into the rotation and the rest is history.

He talked about one of the camps leading up to the first SB we were in.  They were staying at some flea bag hotel and they put all these firecrackers on a remote control car and drove it into Madden's room, as soon as it got in  there the firecrackers all go off and Madden comes charging out of the room and falls into the pool.  He thought a earthquake or something was going on so he rushed outside to and there's Snake laughing his butt off over Madden...

The book has a few of those story's but he had so many more in him.  Snake was just a awesome guy to talk to, he would talk for hours just telling story's and talking about the good old days. 

Wish he could have been alive to see for the Hall of Fame.  They need to get some of these guys in so they can enjoy it while they are alive.  That was something he really wanted... and deserved as so many Raiders do, but they just don't want to put them in.

In the late 90's I got to talk to some of the voters and a bunch of asked why they won't put any more Raiders in and one of the guys looks at me and laughs and says' "there's enough of them in the hall..."  They actually think that there are enough in there, it's not the Raiders problem that they had such great players back then.

Things changed when the added the fan vote and it put pressure to get some of them in.  There's still a few that need to get in, but time will tell.

Go Raiders, JUST WIN BABY!
Fight ON USC TROJANS!

RickB wrote:

Nobody has figured out Mahomes so I give him the edge.
Go Chiefs! It’s been a long time coming.
Rick

KC is built up good and Patrick is tough to game plan for.  Herbet in LA is going to be just like him in a year or so, depending on who gets in there and they work around him. The AFC west will be one to watch for sure.

KC is really good at their coaching positions, the OC/DC will be in demand, if they want to keep going like they have to keep those guys, the OC will be a hot pick again this year, but I think too much is put into that.  He's running a O not a team.  That's why guys like Adam Gase and others just don't succeed past the position ranks... some are just good at doing that, and should be ok with it.

Fight ON USC TROJANS!

As tonight's game showed us again - it's not the gear, it's not the team, it's the genius hands and personality that's matters.

Here is Joe's solo in the football thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2efIQOfOk  cause to me everything is about him, even the football

reo l wrote:

As tonight's game showed us again - it's not the gear, it's not the team, it's the genius hands and personality that's matters.

Here is Joe's solo in the football thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2efIQOfOk  cause to me everything is about him, even the football

What a snoozer of a game....  KC just couldn't do anything...  very flat.

Fight ON USC TROJANS!