Topic: Forum Update, Bugs, Spam and Requests

Hey all, JBWM here down at JoeHQ.

Some of you might have noticed that we're very laissez faire about this forum, letting the fans do their own thing on here without management spoiling the fun. But we've received a few reports of bugs on the forum. We are going to try to do what we can to fix them, but like I said a few years back, this forum was built so long ago that there hasn't been an update or patch available in many, many years. We literally can't fix things when they break.

We wanted to upgrade the forums to something a bit more 2019 with new features and built on a more stable platform, but the overwhelming response we got from you all was "NO CHANGES" - so with that understood, we're very sorry if we can't fix certain bugs, but we do want to hear about them. Same goes from requested features.

We're also going to try to stay a bit more on top of Spam flags, so keep those coming when you see them as well.

With that said, what kind of bugs are we having right now? And would anyone be interested in us moving the forums to a new system that is more stable with better features, but might be at the risk of losing some old posts, or having some downtime or having to make new accounts? Just taking a poll.

Thanks,
JBWM and the J&R Team

2 (edited by DougH 2019-03-09 11:16:29)

Re: Forum Update, Bugs, Spam and Requests

My computer is getting the MySQL error and can't see the forum at all on my computer

Phone is ok buy I haven't logged out of my phone like my desktop.

I'm on a great guitar forum they moved to a new platform dec 2017, but even this weekend they're down for the weekend on a major upgrade and server replacement.

Go for the down time.
#makeJBonamassaForumGreatAgain

Just bring us into 2019

[Edit: it was that stupid color scheme you picked that sucked a few years ago that everyone hated]

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I access here from my I phone.
I have not had any issues for a long time.
I am not against changes if it is better for the long term.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

JBWM wrote:

Hey all, JBWM here down at JoeHQ.

Some of you might have noticed that we're very laissez faire about this forum, letting the fans do their own thing on here without management spoiling the fun. But we've received a few reports of bugs on the forum. We are going to try to do what we can to fix them, but like I said a few years back, this forum was built so long ago that there hasn't been an update or patch available in many, many years. We literally can't fix things when they break.

We wanted to upgrade the forums to something a bit more 2019 with new features and built on a more stable platform, but the overwhelming response we got from you all was "NO CHANGES" - so with that understood, we're very sorry if we can't fix certain bugs, but we do want to hear about them. Same goes from requested features.

We're also going to try to stay a bit more on top of Spam flags, so keep those coming when you see them as well.

With that said, what kind of bugs are we having right now? And would anyone be interested in us moving the forums to a new system that is more stable with better features, but might be at the risk of losing some old posts, or having some downtime or having to make new accounts? Just taking a poll.

Thanks,
JBWM and the J&R Team

Yeah upgrade cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I vote upgrade.  Over the years it has been pretty frustrating not being able to fix or enhance the site.  Thanks.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

No problem, do what needs doing, just keep it user friendly.

Lester..

Do whatever, it doesn't matter anymore.

8 (edited by NickelWound 2019-03-10 22:54:48)

On the subject of upgrades or updates I would really like to see a separate subject heading 'Musicians Forum'.

While Joe's guitars amps and gear is cool, musicians really have no place to talk about their own gear, show their pedal boards, put up videos of them playing the blues or Joe's music or whatever. All we have is the 'Other Artists' spot and I believe we lost a budding bass player who wanted some help from the forum to decide what gear to buy because he couldn't find his post (I realize some answers have to get moved but perhaps the noobs don't know).

Anyhow if you guys could introduce a 'Musicians Forum' in here that would be fantastic. And maybe it might bring back some of the great musicians that were once on here.

You're correct, when the star of his own forum hasn't been here in 6yrs, its amazing the forum is still going with all 5 of us

reo l wrote:

Do whatever, it doesn't matter anymore.

---------------

If you log into the forum, it is possible to vote within the original post, this option is not available without logging in.
Only seven forum members have voted which possibly means many aren’t aware of this voting option.

Lester

I can not see what you are talking about. What voting? where? It is not visible on my computer.

reo l wrote:

I can not see what you are talking about. What voting? where? It is not visible on my computer.

Must be one of the bugs.

It showed as a separate topic which disappeared after you voted. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Oh I read the notes, and just "fixed" my issues as suggested for the
"This PHP environment doesn't have MySQL support built in. My SQL support is required if you want to use a MySQL database to run this forum. Consult the PHP documentation for further assistance"

I deleted my  book mark in my browser, went to the main JB site, clicked Official Forum.. and poof my computer is back on the forum again.. and I resaved the book mark.

---------------

So far only 11 have voted. Update is winning. Thought more would take part though. It doesn't send the best message for the forums value! sad

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

16 (edited by BansheeUK 2019-03-13 07:53:15)

NickelWound wrote:

On the subject of upgrades or updates I would really like to see a separate subject heading 'Musicians Forum'.

While Joe's guitars amps and gear is cool, musicians really have no place to talk about their own gear, show their pedal boards, put up videos of them playing the blues or Joe's music or whatever. All we have is the 'Other Artists' spot and I believe we lost a budding bass player who wanted some help from the forum to decide what gear to buy because he couldn't find his post (I realize some answers have to get moved but perhaps the noobs don't know).

Anyhow if you guys could introduce a 'Musicians Forum' in here that would be fantastic. And maybe it might bring back some of the great musicians that were once on here.

Agree with the idea: maybe lose the Introductions (not all newbies us it) and Old Topics hasn't been touched since 2015. Just don't get too carried away.... wink

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

One bug I'd like fixed.

Can we get Joe to sign on once and a while and say Hi

---------------

Jane I have a bad feeling the forum is dieing.
I'd love to see a 2019 upgrade as stated before.

But suffice to say, there is little "traffic " here now.

When Joe was here, the pre-sale codes, street team, there seemed like lots of hype.
Joe's not here, pre-sale codes seem to come here last, and the street team is now dead (along with the meet n greets, which I'm thankful for) and just doesn't seem to have the same hype that Joe is coming to town.
Even Royal Abert 10yrs didn't seem hyped up.

Most artists have a website/forum, so I guess this one should keep marching on as well.

---------------