1 (edited by Jane H. 2019-02-04 15:31:26)

Topic: Joe's instagram now 350K followers **Edit: now 500K

I don't catch them all but I do enjoy going to check out Joe's instagram posts.
https://instagram.com/joebonamassa/
he posted this earlier
"joebonamassaWow!! I am honestly so touched and honored that so many folks participate on this page. When I started about two years ago I said I’d be lucky to get 350 like minded nerds to come along for the ride. I never thought we would ever get to 350,000! Thank you for being here and rest assured I will keep the photos of guitars on green shag coming. "
https://www.instagram.com/p/BePcDtcnpm3 … ebonamassa
Thanks for the updates, keep them coming Joe!!

edit: 400K 8-5-2018
edit 450K 11-4-2018
edit 500K 2-4-2019

Re: Joe's instagram now 350K followers **Edit: now 500K

Jane H. wrote:

I don't catch them all but I do enjoy going to check out Joe's instagram posts.
https://instagram.com/joebonamassa/
he posted this earlier
"joebonamassaWow!! I am honestly so touched and honored that so many folks participate on this page. When I started about two years ago I said I’d be lucky to get 350 like minded nerds to come along for the ride. I never thought we would ever get to 350,000! Thank you for being here and rest assured I will keep the photos of guitars on green shag coming. "
https://www.instagram.com/p/BePcDtcnpm3 … ebonamassa
Thanks for the updates, keep them coming Joe!!

Hi Jane
I hope all is well
Yes my favorite site as a gear geek myself
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I posted  about Joe's instagram here back in June. It had 302k followers. Now 7 month later - plus 48000!!! Wow. Everything he posts about is so cool and interesting. Take me: before I found Joe I didn't even know the difference between acoustic and electric guitar. I am not exaggerating, it is an embarrassing truth. The instrument just didn't interested me. Pianos, violins, flutes and saxophones , even bagpipes (haha... smile ) but not guitars . It was in era Before Joe. Now all I want to learn about, look at and listen to is guitars. And there is no better place for it then Joe's instagram page. Love, love love every little thing about it.

4 (edited by reo l 2018-08-03 21:21:34)

Joe's instagram now 400K followers - wow!..

amazing page https://www.instagram.com/joebonamassa/

( a little sad about Joe's Simpsons userpick that was replaced last night with the leg hugging dude sleeping next to cactus roll )

lol I like the neon sign pic big_smile
thanks for the info wow 400K
i see him posts something and in no time its like tens of thousand likes or something...amazing

I will edit my thread subject line to reflect the new numbers

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpyLNc_gLqw/
450K now
"joebonamassaTo say I’m humbled and blown away that 450,000 people enjoy the ramblings of a guitar nerd is an understatement. Wow! Thank you all who participate on this page."

I don't always comment there but I do enjoy his ramblings!

7 (edited by reo l 2018-12-08 14:10:02)

Today's thought after looking through Joe's instagram page: among all the amazing posts of magnificent guitars, his superb backstage jams, pictures with legends of music history, and just beautiful and interesting pictures with witty and funny captions - tah...dhamm... - the biggest number of likes got his post where Joe said "I f*cked  it"..... And sadly it is just how the world works.

8 (edited by Jane H. 2018-12-11 15:38:19)

yeah i can't keep up with all of them but its interesting to see those kind of stats and also to read some of the comments there
mostly great that he posts so much though

sometimes i try to answer fans asking stuff but its hard to keep up with
someone was asking abut a guitar contest they saw on FB
i will try to look into it, maybe is legit contest i can tell them is on this site too?
i'm not much of a user there but if i type @ and the persons user name it should give them a notice that someone tagged them so they can see it right? thanks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtZztg-nsmW/

10 (edited by Jane H. 2019-02-04 15:35:36)

thanks for posting that  - i edited the subject line - and thanks to Joe for  thanking those who follow him there. I do as much as i can...Its incredible how many likes etc he gets. it gets crazy trying to read everything there but cool to see his replies to folks and of course how much of his self he shares there

Jane H. wrote:

thanks for posting that  - i edited the subject line - and thanks to Joe for  thanking those who follow him there. I do as much as i can...Its incredible how many likes etc he gets. it gets crazy trying to read everything there but cool to see his replies to folks and of course how much of his self he shares there

I guess that explains the absence here
500,000 to 30? we are greatly out numbered!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Quality not quantity. That's the name of the game. big_smile

On the journey of life, I chose the psycho path.
Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir I have tried in my way to be free.
Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

its slightly off topic for this thread but i didn't want to start a new one for this comment. While i was looking for the jnR phone number last night to help the person in another thread...i explored a little of the website that I hadn't in a while....i noticed that they have listed on the press kit page (IIRC) some of these stats...they are still at 450k for the instagram but I found interesting to see they have 1,000,000 email subscribers. Something i have often wondered about.
Impressive number.

Joe did his first instagram live yesterday. He answered a lot of gear questions and gave 360 degrees video of the "Amps and Orange Couch Room" in Nerdville West.  Apart from that few pieces of info: RAH band will be the same, but Mahalia is switching with Huanita again; his is going to tour Australia this Septemrber; he loves Greta Van Fleet and thinks they are the future of rock-n-roll music; one of his all time favorite Free songs is "Walk in My Shadow".

thanks for that info....i dont have a smart phone and have been doing instagram via PC but they are making ii harder..not sure if i would even be able to find that feature? but glad to hear the summary  smile

537K followers now but i'll wait to 550 before updating thread subject line
amazing how he is ruling instagram too....fun to read many of the comments but too much for me to keep up on