1 (edited by Jaci 2007-11-07 09:37:26)

Topic: Joe in Manitowoc June 2003

This year is going to be the 30th Anniversary  of Metrojam and they hope to bring back some of the bands from the previous years.  Let's hope for Joe to return.

http://www.metrojam.org/METROJAM/MJ_2003.html

Jaci

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger

2 (edited by Belexes 2007-11-07 09:55:47)

Re: Joe in Manitowoc June 2003

Joe's cost per show has probably jumped high enough to exclude him from a lot of these festivals.  I wish I had attended this show.

That's what I'm thinking too - and it's a free concert in a small town- probably not alot
of money available.  It's  held the weekend before
Summerfest - now they can certainly afford Joe. He could hit both at same time.
Ya, dream on......  Jaci

Jaci wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too - and it's a free concert in a small town- probably not alot
of money available.  It's  held the weekend before
Summerfest - now they can certainly afford Joe. He could hit both at same time.
Ya, dream on......  Jaci

I so want Joe to come back to Summerfest. That's where I first saw him. He would totally rock the Miller stage late performance.

I'm just saying.

Jaci - you live in/around manitowoc ? My best buddy is ffrom there.
I'll travel out there if that show happens.

I was at that show........great tunes and fun in the park,and you are right, I bet free shows are out, I have pictures......somewhere, I will look for them, external hard drive I imagine, I live 20 minutes from Manotowoc so it was a must see show, excellent as always, Joan

I Know Where I Belong................Finally!!
Fan since June 2001   Take care all!

fotopete wrote:

Jaci - you live in/around manitowoc ? My best buddy is ffrom there.
I'll travel out there if that show happens.

Fotopete - Yes, I live in Two Rivers - 5 miles from Manitowoc.  If this show happens
by some miracle I will let everyone know.  Maybe I can plug the promoters again but
sure it will be a money matter I will have no control over. 
I don't know why my above post came up as Bluesman - Roy your ghost must still
be in my house ! lol.

8 (edited by jbono1GrBayWi 2007-11-08 11:02:23)

I remember exactly what I was wearing! Probably was us, I will have to find those pictures, I have one of Joe and I, I had on my tank top Bonamassa tee............was excellent time, too bad he doesn't do it again, my first Joe experience was June of 2001 at the Fox valley Blues fest, Walter Trout was there too.......what a good time, no more FVBF though, the said Blues fans don't drink enough beer to make more money.....water doesn't cut it, how funny and outrageous!!! Will search for my pictures today  Joan
PS I also stopped the tearing down of my kitchen we were remodeling to get to Manitowoc!!!

I found them!!! I love Joes' pants........Some are blurry, I must have had a few beers that evening, enjoy!!!  Tried to get back for discriptions, but couldn't, they explain themselves Joan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19138256@N05/

10 (edited by jbono1GrBayWi 2007-11-08 12:36:11)

Figured it out.......sorry to post again :-) Joan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19138256@N05/

jbono1GrBayWi wrote:

I remember exactly what I was wearing! Probably was us, I will have to find those pictures, I have one of Joe and I, I had on my tank top Bonamassa tee............was excellent time, too bad he doesn't do it again, my first Joe experience was June of 2001 at the Fox valley Blues fest, Walter Trout was there too.......what a good time, no more FVBF though, the said Blues fans don't drink enough beer to make more money.....water doesn't cut it, how funny and outrageous!!! Will search for my pictures today  Joan
PS I also stopped the tearing down of my kitchen we were remodeling to get to Manitowoc!!!

Hi Joan - The Fox Valley fest in Kaukauna was my first Joe show also.  Remember they
were giving away a Harley at the end of the night and we were in the final 10 for the
drawing - standing there thinking "my god if we win, we can't even drive this thing ".
How embarrassing that would be in front of hundreds of Harley people.  But of course
we did not win it. 
Jaci

12 (edited by Belexes 2007-11-09 11:02:48)

I am so sick that I missed Joe only playing minutes from my house in Kaukauna and then missed Manitowoc as well.  It's a shame the annual Kaukauna concert went down the tubes.  For a while it was a classic rock concert called "River Jam" and then they went to a Blues festival and now zip-zero-nada.