Topic: Kris Barras Band

Their music is interesting and this is a one take live recording of classic Zep.

https://youtu.be/3eehShybTsw

Re: Kris Barras Band

They have certainly taken off in the UK Curby over the last year. Now doing headline instead of support. I have seen them twice and can honestly say they are great on stage.

3 (edited by BansheeUK 2019-01-11 10:21:00)

UK tour through February/March; then "Rockin' The Blues" with Jonny Lang and Walter Trout around Europe in May:-
May 23 Thu Berlin, Germany
May 25 Sat Köln, Germany
May 26 Sun Paris, France
May 28 Tue Milano, Italy
May 29 Wed München, Germany
May 30 Thu Frankfurt Am Main, Germany
Jun 1 Sat Tilburg, Netherlands 
Jun 2 Sun Hamburg, Germany
Jun 4 Tue London, United Kingdom

I can certainly affirm what Kenny says, great performer, great band.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Brilliant band two excellent CD's

Acoustic set with Beth Hart on her UK tour  was very well received

Invicta wrote:

Brilliant band two excellent CD's

Might want to check that:-

The Divine & Dirty (2018)
A Live & Lucky (2017) also available on DVD
Lucky 13 (2016)
Kris Barras band (2015 - self release - may be hard to find now, but worth the effort).

Newcastle Riverside  13/2/2023

Well, had a wander down to the Quayside last night; whoever said "Rockin' Out" was just for the week-end hasn't been there when Kris Barras and the band roll into town/Toon. They were off the scale.

Things kicked off with Irish trio Dea Matrona; led by sisters Mollie McGinn and Mamie McGinn; so already we're drawing comparisons with Larkin Poe. Well, these girls have a mostly heavier sound, though not quite up to Girl School level. However, in a lively set which saw the girls swapping lead and bass they weren't scared to show a softer, acoustic side with a tasty Simon & Garfunkel cover, Homeward Bound. (Word has them coming back on their own headline tour later in the year.)

And then, the main event exploded onto the stage, and Kris took the show by the scruff of it's neck and played with all the self-assurance of a 5 year old in a Batman t-shirt. The blues- side may have shrank back, but Kris has built a catalogue of solid, rock anthems, and the soulful melody when he backs off the loud pedal.

The set, went right through Kris' back-catalogue; Watching Over Me still is the high spot for his guitar technique, before ramping back up with a rousing Rock and Roll cover. The went: - Hail Mary: Dead Horses: These Voices: Heart on Your Sleeve: Wake Me When It's Over: Hostage: Chaos: Devil You Know: Watching Over Me: Rock N Roll: Who Needs Enemies: My Parade. Have to say, the band were on fire too, not just because at one time Kris jumped in among the audience while delivering vocals.

End of night verdict - this was certainly Kris' parade, and there was no rain anywhere near. Just hadn't realised how long it had been since last caught one of Kris's shows; covid notwithstanding.

EDIT: - bit of a mix-up re Dea Matrona; on stage were Mollie McGinn & Orlaith Forsythe; Mamie is taking time out from the band to complete studies. (Wondered why the drummer was called "Dave"...)

2024 UK tour dates just announced by Kris; looks like a few bigger rooms....

April 2024
APR 06   Torquay, The Foundry
APR 12   Southampton, Engine Rooms
APR 13   Wolverhampton, KK's Steel Mill
APR 14   Manchester Academy
APR 17   Glasgow, The Garage
APR 18   Newcastle Upon Tyne, Boiler Shop
APR 19   Nottingham, Rock City
APR 20   London, Islington Assembly Hall

Look out for news of "exciting" support

And don't forget Summer appearance:-

AUG 15   Chepstow Castle