Topic: Love BCC, What JB Solo Work Would I Like?

Hi, I’m a big fan of Joe’s work with BCC, but I’ve never really checked out his extensive solo catalogue which is something I should probably fix!

Can anyone recommend any of Joe’s solo tracks or albums which are in a similar vein to the “rock” sound of BCC rather than traditional blues?

Thanks.

2 (edited by gary 2019-01-08 20:05:28)

Re: Love BCC, What JB Solo Work Would I Like?

Hi White.Welcome!
That’s a good question as you have his older works of A New Day Yesterday (whichbI prefer the live version) and So It’s Like That Which is a rock album and has some great tracks
Then I would say later on Ballad of John Henry and his more recent Blues of Desperation
  Keep in mind many of not most all of his albums have both bluesier and some more rock type tracks.
    Not that his earliest solo works sounded anything like BCC as they are more rock less blues. Maybe Blues of Desperation comes closest on several tracks.
Perhaps the class will expound on this as well

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I find the live stuff especially exciting.  Royal Albert Hall or the Beacon Theater shows are flat out amazing.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

4 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2019-01-08 21:31:02)

dknight16 wrote:

I find the live stuff especially exciting.  Royal Albert Hall or the Beacon Theater shows are flat out amazing.

+1 ... and although maybe not "BCC Rock" ... Joe's Rockpalast performance from 2005 (available on DVD) ...

Joe Bonamassa - The River - Rockpalast (let the video ride!!) (song is from Joe's 4th album Had To Cry Today)
https://youtu.be/XfVGCrQdw08 (JoeBonamassaTV)

Welcome.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Joe's Rockpalast performance from 2005 (available on DVD) ...

+5 It never gets old...

Ballad of John Henry, definitely.

Rockpalast +6 big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.

Looking forward to digging deep into the back catalogue!

Jane H. wrote:

I forgot to give a mention to this one Joe did with Beth Hart...very heavy
i'd be more into their collaborations if they'd write some rock songs together...but this cover rocks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8EgDFKk5wA
For My Friend

Ya wish they did more like this one !!

Your rock candy baby

+1 big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

So i took the plunge and bought both Redemption and Blues of Desperation and am really enjoying both of them (even the more trad. blues tracks!) and in particular Redemption which i think it outstanding (I managed to get the Target version with the bonus tracks, all of which are top quality).

Favourite tracks are Self-Inflicted Wounds, Molly-O and King Bee Shakedown (what a rocker!).

12 (edited by gary 2019-02-04 12:59:49)

White__light wrote:

So i took the plunge and bought both Redemption and Blues of Desperation and am really enjoying both of them (even the more trad. blues tracks!) and in particular Redemption which i think it outstanding (I managed to get the Target version with the bonus tracks, all of which are top quality).

Favourite tracks are Self-Inflicted Wounds, Molly-O and King Bee Shakedown (what a rocker!).

Glad you are enjoying! I would throw in Crazy  Momma to that rockin mix!

Your rock candy baby

13 (edited by gary 2019-02-05 20:23:27)

Jane H. wrote:

smile cool keep us posted!
gary she is most likely crazy too but i think you mean EVIL Mamma!

Oops how did that happen?!!
I think that’s what is called a bona brain freeze !

Your rock candy baby

The live DVDS are all pretty good!! Live at the Royal Albert Hall is awesome!!!