Topic: TM makes deals with scalpers

Confirmed what we all suspected.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/a-publ … -1.4828535
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Re: TM makes deals with scalpers

RickB wrote:

Confirmed what we all suspected.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/a-publ … -1.4828535
Rick

" - resale tickets are particularly lucrative for Ticketmaster because the company charges fees twice on the same ticket.
So, for example, if Ticketmaster collects $25.75 on a $209.50 ticket on the initial sale, when the owner posts it for resale for $400 on the site, the company stands to collect an additional $76 on the same ticket... "

So sad. They are profiting from people who want to see their favorite musician. I hate the middle man who does nothing and makes money out of it. I wish there was no middle man #utopia. Would it be great if Joe could sell his own tickets directly to his fans?..

F#CKING F#CKS!  Like Rick said, we've known it all along. Just sucks seeing it in print.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Jane H. wrote:

so...i have one code from the cereal box...not sure i am going to buy another so if anyone needs another code to get the ten bucks let me know... big_smile

also started wondering ...i dont think its so much ticketmaster but had the radio on and the dj talking about some show and commented how you buy tickets so far in advance now
and i was like , yeah whats up with that?
i am sure there are multiple factors and reasons but then it got me thinking it really does seem to help the scalpers more? like they have more time to sell their stuff. i seriously wonder if that behind some of it i dunno
but its hard to schedule life that far ahead and also put the money out so far ahead....blahblahblah

I HATE that aspect of it, Jane. The whole thing of announcing tour dates today and tix going on sale within 24 or 48 hours hardly gives you enough time to figure out what you want to do. That is, for those who like to travel to shows. And, yeah, way too far in advance. I don't usually have scheduling issues but still don't like it.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

so...i have one code from the cereal box...not sure i am going to buy another so if anyone needs another code to get the ten bucks let me know... big_smile

also started wondering ...i dont think its so much ticketmaster but had the radio on and the dj talking about some show and commented how you buy tickets so far in advance now
and i was like , yeah whats up with that?
i am sure there are multiple factors and reasons but then it got me thinking it really does seem to help the scalpers more? like they have more time to sell their stuff. i seriously wonder if that behind some of it i dunno
but its hard to schedule life that far ahead and also put the money out so far ahead....blahblahblah

I HATE that aspect of it, Jane. The whole thing of announcing tour dates today and tix going on sale within 24 or 48 hours hardly gives you enough time to figure out what you want to do. That is, for those who like to travel to shows. And, yeah, way too far in advance. I don't usually have scheduling issues but still don't like it.

No doubt, I'm in the minority who see it this way- but the fact that you usually do have to buy tickets so far in advance - for any concert, not just Joe's- if you want really good seats, is one reason why I don't have a problem with resales. I had some Joe tix a few years ago, bought them probably six months in advance, got row 4,  then broke my leg and could only go to the show in a wheelchair.  By then, there were no handicapped seats available and, of course, no refunds possible from TM. So why not resell them on the secondary market and get whatever the market will bear? I didn't buy them with the intention of flipping them for a big profit. But plans can change and since I usually get the best possible seats for Joe's shows, they cost $150 - $180 each so I'm not going to  just give them away (although I have done that in the past when his tickets cost less). When you sell on the secondary market, you can't just put some ridiculous price on your tickets. You have to price them in line with other similar tickets (location) or they won't sell. And even if you price them at what you originally paid, you still risk not selling them at all depending on the show. A lot of people think StubHub or similar sites set the ticket price - they don't - the seller does. I just don't have a problem with reselling tickets for whatever price you can get. It's virtually impossible to regulate or prohibit it.

I have no issues with reselling when necessary, Joybird. I've had to do it myself and I've bought tix from StubHub lots of times. Ticketmaster is working with scalpers and scalping their own tix with "premium seating" prices. That simply sucks.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

7 (edited by pat6put6man 2018-12-06 13:56:19)

BarbieD wrote:

I have no issues with reselling when necessary, Joybird. I've had to do it myself and I've bought tix from StubHub lots of times. Ticketmaster is working with scalpers and scalping their own tix with "premium seating" prices. That simply sucks.

What sticks in my craw is that TM is doing this so they can collect a second transaction fee when the tix are resold by the scalper....As bad as the state charging sales tax for a used car that taxes were already charged for the original sale.....reeks of double stink....I don't have a problem with resale of tickets....I HATE TICKET"DISASTER"......