Topic: A couple of guidelines

Doesn't have to be about Joe's gear but questions about your own or just gear in general. Joe chimes in with his opinions from time to time.

Please if you have something to sell this isn't the place for it.

Re: A couple of guidelines

Alright, I will ask here since I can't figure this one out anywhere else.

WHERE IS THE BIAS POT ON THE JCM 900 MODEL 2500 MKIII?!?!?!?!?!

hey, i have a 59' les paul vos reissue running through a fender twin 65' reverb. im running an ernie ball volume pedal, fulltone ocd, and blackstar distx but i still cant get the tone im really looking for. the ideal tone would be something like blues deluxe from 5:36-6:50 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn09Xn9JF5s) or the lead tone of "bridge to better days". If anyone knows how to get that kind of tone with the gear i have, or would recommend any gear that would give me that kind of tone, that would be soooo great. by the way my email is tdickey4288@yahoo.com if you want to contact me there. Thanks!

What order do run your effects?

dmoore wrote:

boss tuner, ernie ball volume pedal, Fulltone OCD, Blackstar distx, and then im about to get a reverb or delay of some sort to go after it

tdickey4288 wrote:
dmoore wrote:

boss tuner, ernie ball volume pedal, Fulltone OCD, Blackstar distx, and then im about to get a reverb or delay of some sort to go after it

Yea man FULLTONE OCD rocks!!!!

My pedals -
Budda / RMC Wizard / Cry Baby (I chop and change a bit!)->MI Audio Boost N Buff -> MI Audio Blues Pro -> Keely TS9 -> DD3 -> Polytune Mini -> Amp

I also run my Ceriatone OTS Footswitch

I got a Epiphone goldtop 56 reissue going into a Mesa Boogie stiletto trident head into a 2x12 cab. For pedals I use a boss tuner and Bogner ecstasy red and I'm hoping on getting the Bonamassa wah

tdickey4288 wrote:
dmoore wrote:

I am using the version 4 OCD but now i want change my OCD can anyone here tell me which version i should buy ?

Jet City 20w valve head: Soul echo tape delay - Dumble Drive - Tube Squasher - The Dude - Reverb

Ran in stereo with...

93 Fender Blues Deville 212: Dunlop wah - Black Obsidian

jimsty wrote:

Jet City 20w valve head: Soul echo tape delay - Dumble Drive - Tube Squasher - The Dude - Reverb

Ran in stereo with...

93 Fender Blues Deville 212: Dunlop wah - Black Obsidian

Jet City with the depth mod and roos redistributed gain mods does sound very good! Especially with a pair of mullard el84's and telefunken 12ax7.
No pedals needed!
I use a beat up basket case 70's era Norlin Les Paul Custom that was practically a dumpster dive with a broken neck and headstock kludged together with Glass Cloth and epoxy resin then rattle canned with lacquer.  Replaced the shaw with a seymour antiquity at the bridge.  Mallory caps on the CTS pot with treble bleed. I crank a genuine 59 tweed bassman to about 6 or 7 maybe 8 and roll the volume on the Lester.... no pedals needed! Touch sensitive bliss. Maybe some optical wah for tone shaping via ala old school Morley wah volume if ya really must.
Something about a 60yr old ratty amp and klunker kludged guitar that just cant be described but only felt!