Re: R.I.P. Thread

RIP Tony Joe White

Never did get to see him

I didn't either even when he was right here in my area many times, but I did buy the 45 single Polk Salad Annie, what a classic. And most are not aware of how many well known artists covered his songs, and other songs he wrote like Rainy Night in Georgia

Kenny wrote:

RIP Tony Joe White

Never did get to see him

"Every day I feel is a blessing from God, and I consider it a new beginning.....yeah, everything is beautiful"...... Prince

Used to love his style and recordings. RIP

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

RIP Willie McCovey, from Mobile AL nicknamed "Stretch" he was a great player for the SF Giants for many years

"Every day I feel is a blessing from God, and I consider it a new beginning.....yeah, everything is beautiful"...... Prince

707 (edited by gary 2018-11-01 16:22:47)

ahsmith33 wrote:

RIP Willie McCovey, from Mobile AL nicknamed "Stretch" he was a great player for the SF Giants for many years

Yes I remember him well from my youth
Excellent power hitter and overall hitter

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:
ahsmith33 wrote:

Yes I remember him well from my youth
Excellent power hitter and overall hitter

I was fortunate enough to see him in quite a few games with the Giants. 

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Just heard, we've lost Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee at the age of  95. The feisty writer, editor and publisher was responsible for such iconic characters as Spider-Man, the X-Men, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther and the Fantastic Four — 'nuff said.

All those who believe in psychokenesis raise my hand........

RIP Roy Clark at age 85, he was a great one while playing several different instruments and collaborated with so many artists I can't begin to list all of them ............. gonna go watch some Hee Haw reruns tonight

ahsmith33 wrote:

RIP Roy Clark at age 85, he was a great one while playing several different instruments and collaborated with so many artists I can't begin to list all of them ............. gonna go watch some Hee Haw reruns tonight

My Dad's all time favorite player and what got me interested in guitar players at a very young age.  RIP Roy and thanks for the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ewBT6vzwI0

712 (edited by Jane H. 2018-12-20 11:01:45)

R.I.P. Mikel S. Peters of Clearwater, FL
Mikel was a dear friend of mine for the past 15 years or so and I just learned he passed away 12/3
I never did get to meet up with him in person but exchanged countless emails and phone calls and vibes through the holographic universe. I originally met him through the older version of this forum but he wasn't active on it much after that. We shared mutual long distance friendships with other Joe fans Stu Craig and Jim Hamilton (well Jim is local to me).
He was homebound for the time I knew him and suffered much so I am at least grateful he is out of pain now but will miss him being there for me.
One of a kind does not begin to describe how unique he was! big_smile he had a fascinating life, the parts i knew about.
One of the best stories he had was, witnessing Joe as a young lad (pre-Bloodline)play outdoors in a park or something. Tallahassee I think.
I might have some of the details fuzzy but the way i remember the story was just Joe playing for free - there with his Dad, him a guitar and an amp playing the best Pain and Sorrow type guitar wizardry, pleasuring and astounding any who were lucky enough to witness. If ever there was a Joe performance i wish had been recorded thats up there on my list....
Mikel followed him the best he could and did his best to promote Bloodline, had some of the first cd pressings or something he would mention.
After the first year we actually rarely talked about Joe but it was Joe that brought us together so that's why i mention him here. Another reason i will be forever grateful for this forum. I don't imagine i would have ever met him otherwise although we did have a spiritual type connection so then again maybe we would have.
I wish I had gotten a chance to visit him and also now keep thinking of a million questions and wished i had saved each email but i will treasure the best memories - he was kind of full of piss and vinegar sometimes though - not to me  - and was stubborn about disagreements on facts but those memories will fade the fastest surely.
R.I.P. Mikel - i will miss you in this world but I know i have a new guardian angel looking out for me ♥

Rest In Peace, cousin Billy.

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Sad to hear earlier in the week of the death of director & actress Penny Marshall (74).

I'll bet there's a lot of you on here will remember her as on half of:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJzF8_df1R8

R.I.P. Ray Sawyer from Dr Hook (the guy with the eye-patch) just before New Year's.

Edward “Ted” McKenna - 1950 - 2019 R.I.P.

Heard over the week-end of the death of drummmer Ted McKenna due to haemmorage while undergoing a hernia operation.
Over a 50 year career, Ted played in a number of key bands; Rare Breed (1969), Dream Police (1970), Tear Gas (1971), The Sensational Alex Harvey Band (1972-77), Rory Gallagher (1978-81), Greg Lake, Gary Moore (1981-82), The Michael Schenker Group (1982-84), Womack & Womack (1988), McKenna’s Gold (1988), Ian Gillan (1990), The Sensational Party Boys (1992-93), Gwyn Ashton (2004), The Paul Rose Band (2006-11), The Rhumboogie Orchestra (2009), Band of Friends (2011 - Present), Michael Schenker Fest (2016 - Present) as well as occassioonal session work, though in llater life he lectured in Applied Arts at North Glasgow College from 1996–2011

Sad sad loss Mike, especially when you consider the circumstances. Such a great great drummer.

I was fortunate enough to see him many times over the years - Tear Gas, SHAB, Rory Gallagher, MSG, Party Boys, Paul Rose, Band of Friends and Schenker Fest not long ago.

RIP!!!!!! ...was glad I got to see Ted last year with the Band of Friends

RIP Emiliano Sala newly of the Cardiff City futbol team, lost at sea when the plane went down. Judging from the contract he signed he was going to be a big deal at Cardiff  ................ Don't get on one of those small planes !!!

RIP Michel Legrand.

The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6n82FK2DNc