37 (edited by BansheeUK 2018-08-13 08:02:51)

Re: Nimmo Brothers

Brief reunion tour for UK 2018:-

November 2018
Nov 02 Fri - Glasgow Òran Mór
Nov 04 Sun  - Aberdeen Lemon Tree
Nov 05 Mon  - Preston  Preston Guild Hall & Charter Theatre
Nov 06 Tue  - Darlington The Forum Music Centre
Nov 07 Wed  - Carlisle The Old Fire Station
Nov 08 Thu  - York Fibbers
Nov 10 Sat - Hammersmith Club
Nov 11 Sun  - Derby Flower Pot
Nov 12 Mon - Southampton  The 1865

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

13th - Shoreham Ropetackle Arts
14th - Exeter Barnfield Theatre

Wonder if they will record again together.I have to omit I like the two together quite a bit

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Wonder if they will record again together.I have to omit I like the two together quite a bit

There is nothing planned Gary - busy with their other bands.

Kenny wrote:
gary wrote:

There is nothing planned Gary - busy with their other bands.

Oh well perhaps some day.But in the plus side we have 2 instead of one.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

42 (edited by BansheeUK 2018-11-08 07:59:42)

Darlington Forum - Nov 6th

Can’t believe it’s been 4 years + since I was last NIMMO-ED, but there you go. No surprise to anyone that both of the brothers’ side projects have taken off so well that their main band has sort of been side-lined for so long; so not a reunion as such, just a meeting of diaries. Still, this tour has been so well anticipated that it was little wonder that this particular night sold out pretty soon after it was announced, and that’s no mean feat, mid-week in Darlington.

Ha! And to look at the date, any references to on stage “fireworks” would be as corny as they would be inadequate to describe having Alan (at his Forum debut) back sharing the stage with Stevie (an established Forum favourite) blasting through the Nimmo back-catalogue of personal and crowd favourites that have been still for so long. Shape I’m In for a great sing-a-long, If I Could See Through Your Eyes, Still Here Strumming, and a furious set closing Black Cat Bone which did for Alan’s poor amp, so the encore had to be hastily re-arranged for Alan to play through Stevie’s amp while Stevie handled the vocals (and one of Craig’s cymbals). No, if this was fireworks,  then it’s more like all the Hogmanay displays going off at once.

And not only was a great to see Stevie back doing a full set, (reckon's he's not quite 100%, but you wouldn't know it) but Stevie and Alan playing off together as the only other dual-guitar bands currently touring the country - the smile on Matt Beable’s face  well as Craig Bacon’s throughout said it all. Whether it leads to new productin the near future is anyone’s guess, hope so, but meanwhile, enjoy this treat.

From Carlisle show:-
If I Could See Through Your Eyes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoZAg5GkIbo
Long Way From Everything - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNyClR9Npo
Still Here Strumming - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91yU4jq1mno
Black Cat Bone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgFgKr8zRk

Have to give credit to the evening’s support - well, I’d rather open for than have to do a set after any band with a Nimmo in it, let alone two… Little Criminals are a local band that have been around the block one and off for more years than they’d like to let on (played Darlington R’n'B Club at it’s inception….) and have a really straightforward garage band sound, crunchier than Chris Rea but not as crisp as ZZ Top in their barking riffs. They put me in mind of The Pirates back in the day…. No fuss, just good honest driving Blues, with a side order of Reggae to keep you on your toes.

Seen both the Nimmo brothers and King King at the Colne blues festival. Both excellent as a live band and highly recommended for all. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Well, it’s a case of who’s thread I found first….
July 24th; The Nimmo Brothers are 2nd on the bill to Kris Barras at Holmfirth Picturedome…
No disrespect, but in that sort of company, making up the numbers is Ashely Sherlock..
So far as I can see, looks like a one-off event; possible Maryport warm-up maybe…?

Added 3 more :

16th Milton Keynes
17th Newbury
18th Clitheroe

46 (edited by Raiderman 2021-01-06 11:43:50)

I really like these guys.  King King is a great band with Alan, and I think his brother joined him now.  The new CD MAVERICK is pretty good.

The blues covers that they do are just unbelievable!  Probably my favorite song is IF I COULD SEE THROUGH YOUR EYES.
(perfect Wedding song)

https://youtu.be/PjC8y-Xd1R0

Go Raiders, JUST WIN BABY!
Fight ON USC TROJANS!

Well, if you don't succeed..... Hopefully for July 2021, Stevie & Alan trying again:-

Jul 13 Tue - The Grand At Clitheroe
Jul 14 Wed - Newbury, Arlington Arts
Jul 15 Thu - Milton Keynes, The Stables