Topic: Bonamassa Fuzz Face Mini vs full size vs Analogman Sun Face

So I'm hoping someone here can answer this for me...

First off, how does the JB Mini Fuzz Face sound and respond compared to the original full size one? I've also read of issues using it with a JB Wah....is that correct?

Secondly, is anyone able to compare the tone of the JB FF to an Analogman Sun Face with a germanium transistor in it?

Only just getting into fuzz pedals, know that Fuzz Face style circuits are the ones for me, now trying to narrow it down a bit further!!

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Re: Bonamassa Fuzz Face Mini vs full size vs Analogman Sun Face

Well I can't really help you with a comparison but I had an NKT 275 'original' without all the mods. It is just the most amazing fuzz imaginable. If you ask Mike for the 'original' fuzz he designed, the first model/configuration he ever built he will try to talk you out of it but don't let him. It is dark, thick and rich, cleans up amazingly well and can be used a low volumes and split-the-plaster-burn-a-hole-in-the-rug volumes. Fuzz Face or no you will never regret having an NKT fuzz. Just my rather biased opinion. big_smile