Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

reo l wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:
DougH wrote:

Note on original posting

Theoretically that seems fine, however I have talked with Scott, the JBWM, and he told me "YouTube has told us that it identifies based on an exact waveform that will likely be very different from a live version". It's the word "likely" that bothers me. Especially considering they are going after people who have uploaded from their official live DVD/CD. What makes my live version of any song any different than their live version if it is only based on sound. And who knows how much of the sound needs to be identified and matched before it is striked. Is it the whole song, 30 seconds worth, a minute. It's not worth the risk and therefore 1,200 videos have been deleted.

So Natasha  * panic mode ON * - does it mean that you are not going to film and post any more of future Joe's videos on your channel? maybe you could create a second channel ( 2AnitrasDance?) just for JOE's videos ? This way the other artist's videos will stay safe and sound if youtube will ever decide to go after you?

Given that they don't want any new songs filmed and the older ones that are being played all are ones that have been in official releases, I won't be filming Joe's shows for the forseeable future. If Joe makes a guest appearance at say a Paulie show, or benefit show or RCFP plays again, then I will try and be at those to film. Otherwise I am taking a step back from it all.

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

NickelWound wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

...1,200 videos have been deleted.


sad  But I completely understand. Thank you Natasha and hubby for everything.

You're welcome. This has been very difficult especially so because I know how much joy the videos have brought people and I feel really bad taking that away. I'm sorry. This was really the last thing I ever would have wanted to do. As I have said elsewhere, this has been a really sh*tty year and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

nmagcorn wrote:
NickelWound wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

...1,200 videos have been deleted.


sad  But I completely understand. Thank you Natasha and hubby for everything.

You're welcome. This has been very difficult especially so because I know how much joy the videos have brought people and I feel really bad taking that away. I'm sorry. This was really the last thing I ever would have wanted to do. As I have said elsewhere, this has been a really sh*tty year and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.


Hmm... Emotions aside this whole situation has very lets say strange feeling...

                         anyway... big thank you to you Natasha for everything you did and good luck with your channel

40 (edited by nmagcorn 2018-05-03 09:04:37)

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

Jane H. wrote:

They haven't changed their policy they merely have decided to not continue to allow those already going against it to continue un-hindered.
I am glad for the update here by JBWM. That update does not say they are disallowing live audience (not proshot etc.) vids. I have heard that  they have asked some of the regular tapers with good quality to refrain from uploading new songs or sets that haven't yet but are planned to be released officially. (ex. songs on upcoming album, the mini acoustic tour etc.)
.

Actually they have changed the policy recently and Scott neglected to mention it in what he wrote. It is not just regular tapers who are not allowed to film new songs. J&R have a global takedown policy in effect right now for all audience (Fan) videos of the first four new songs of Joe's current tour. If you upload these songs you will get a strike. Of course youtube is flaky in how it works so there was a full version of "Self Inflicted Wounds" from the UK was up for some time, it is now down and many others have been removed including someones short clip of Joe's solo in that song.

Copyright identification on youtube is incredibly bizarre. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I have many videos on my channel that have been identified as containing copyrighted material. There is a little c with a circle that shows up for the video on my video manager page and if you click on it it says "Copyrighted content was found in your video.The claimant is allowing their content to be used in your YouTube video. However, ads might appear on it." And then there is a listing of agencies who have claimed copyright and they indicate where in the song this was found. It truly makes no sense though. On Rock Candy Funk Party's original song "Dope On A Rope" four agencies claim copyright of a 40 second bit of the material: CMRRA, Sony ATV Publishing, SGAE-CS, UBEM. I still have RCFP on my channel. This is the song https://youtu.be/EMYYQZxQDvE and the part is from 2:30-3:10. Now if those entities decided to strike down copyrighted material, that video would have been pulled and I would have gotten a strike for 40 seconds worth of music. The system youtube uses is a bit screwed up in my mind.

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

Thanks for the info and yeah I sure do not understand the technical parts but definitely sounds messed up. Hopefully they will get a better system sad
FWIW though when I refer to Joe's policy, its as how i had known it, which just simply said the taping and the free sharing is allowed. It was before youtube though.
youtube itself is a profitable company, whether or not the fans uploading their vids are monetizing it or not...and its easy for folks to steal from there to monetize? ....as opposed to something like dime a dozen which i think is run on donations? I am not sure of any of this i am just trying to say I do see your point but I don't see it as their policy necessarily changed. I guess its like the youtube factor put a new spin on the whole thing...but yeah it would be helpful to know the specific limits on uploading to youtube or other sites....
The point of my post earlier though was to show they haven't disallowed taping as it seemed like some folks were thinking because of their replies

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

Knowing how many shows you and Phil do and how you enjoy recording them.

Besides us watching them when we can't get to those shows.
sad

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

43 (edited by nmagcorn 2018-05-11 09:57:01)

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

I've been giving a lot of thought to all the Joe videos I removed and after talking with Joe and hearing his views and also hearing how this has affected so many of his fans, I have decided to make a new channel just dedicated to Joe. In my mind I keep seeing this hole out there in Joe world and I need to try and fill it up again. I won't be filming new shows of his for right now because I don't want the stress of not knowing what new material his people have decided to strike, however I will work at putting up the older stuff. If it gets struck down, then that's okay. At least it didn't take anyone else's stuff with it. Reuploading so much material will be a long process. Looking back at shows from over the past 6 years I realize there is so much I had forgotten. So it's nice to be reacquainted with some of the older material. The new channel name is "Natashas Best of Bonamassa" since I felt that kind of summed things up and people know my name. Subscribe if you want to keep up to date on what's being reuploaded. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbSehx … VSAhQEvrNw

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

Great news

Appreciate the effort

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

Brilliant news and already subscribed. Your videos are always a treat. Thanks. big_smile

On the journey of life, I chose the psycho path.
Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir I have tried in my way to be free.
Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

Great news to read on the Forum today.  Thank you Natasha for your time and effort that will go into letting some great captures see the light of day again.

(Thanks reo ... thought it sounded like a good idea when I read maybe a second - all Joe - channel in your past post ... and thank you to Joe for the green light.)

Oh ... requests you ask? ...

Hmmmm ... oh ... I know ... maybe Joe's 2 night stand at Grand Opera House Wilmington DE ... Nov 9,10 2015 smile (The Dry and Wet look shows)

... and if the Video cassette of Lyric Opera House Baltimore MD 11/26/16 is stored in the same shoe box ...  big_smile

Thank you again for your efforts and sharing thru the years.

"Bill Schechner has found one young man to busy for fantasy ... he's living it!"
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number and make that a little louder?" Marty DiBergi
Lamarr (bellhop): "We have movie stars in my hotel!" Faye: "They're musicians, actually." Lamarr: "Even better!" (That Thing You Do!)
JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

47 (edited by nmagcorn 2018-05-18 11:07:40)

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

It has come to my attention that there might be people who think I am breaking the rules by putting my videos back up. However, the policy clearly stated that "Video you filmed yourself with your own camera (from the audience) are still totally fine." I also have recently checked with Joe's webmaster who made the policy, and he told me they are totally fine with the ones I am putting up. Just wanted to clarify I am not breaking any rules.

48 (edited by Rocket 2018-05-12 14:52:27)

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

nmagcorn wrote:

It has come to my attention that there might be people who think I am breaking the rules by putting my videos back up. However, the policy clearly stated that "Video you filmed yourself with your own camera (from the audience) are still totally fine." I also have recently checked with Scott, Joe's webmaster who made the policy, and he told me they are totally fine with the ones I am putting up. Just wanted to clarify I am not breaking any rules.

Please ignore anything negative.  Wisdom of Solomon will eventually prevail and we can get back to today’s episode of “As The World Is Spinning?!”  Cool heads can always talk about hot topics,...I see the future turning out finely artsy smartsy...




Rock ON & Keep The Faith and let’s see that Mona Lisa smile but with eyeballs popping wide,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

49 (edited by NickelWound 2018-05-12 15:49:08)

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

nmagcorn wrote:

I've been giving a lot of thought to all the Joe videos I removed and after talking with Joe and hearing his views and also hearing how this has affected so many of his fans, I have decided to make a new channel just dedicated to Joe. In my mind I keep seeing this hole out there in Joe world and I need to try and fill it up again.


YEEEEEESSSSSSS! Well put. I have also felt a 'hole' in the Joe world since your videos were gone. Soooooooo glad things will be there for us to watch. Thank you so much. I can't subscribe since I refuse to open a Google account, but I will absolutely be checking regularly..... (There are just not enough emoticons on this we site to do this post justice so I'm puttin them all......)
smile neutral sad big_smile yikes wink hmm tongue lol mad roll cool

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

Not sure who's smoking the crack saying you're breaking the rules.
Clearly you are not.

Hopefully they read the rules and don't do anything stupid, like report the channel.

(Actually I didn't read anything about new songs band, but maybe you had contact with admin directly)

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

Natasha, is your head ready to explode? Take the vids down, put them back up and around and around she goes! As always, your efforts are appreciated! Hope to see the Madison, WI, show from a couple years ago on the new channel. It was one of the best.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Re: ******New YouTube Policy******

So appreciate your efforts, Natasha.  Love your videos and you have introduced me to some artusts that I didn't know about until I saw one of your videos!