Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

Still have a couple Friday and one each Sunday ‘n’ Monday tickets...



Rock ON A hid den level of CANDYLIGHTED
CRUSH(-ed togethernest) & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

Rocket you are the man, so looking forward to seeing you again.

Those of you who are getting a ticket from Rocket, don't worry about a thing, he did this for me for a show of Joe's in San Diego in 2011 I believe, I had not yet met Rocket and was a skeptic as some of you are now, I just drive for four hours, try and find a guy I don't know and get a free ticket, sounded too good true, not only was it true, the seats were third row dead center. So don't worry this is what Rocket does.

On a another note I again have to thank this great Bonacommunity.  Due to my hectic schedule I missed out when these shows went on sale and was left high and dry with no tickets, I had been to every RCFP show at the Spud except for two nights, that's two nights out of about 20 (or more?). We'll one week before the run starts and I have Thursday night ticket, (thanks Enzo!) A Friday night ticket (thanks Rocket) and a Saturday night ticket (thanks Robert) not only that but I was offered a Sunday night and a Monday night, which I had to decline. (stupid hectic new work schedule)

So looking forward to seeing all the Bonaspuds again and enjoying what I think is one of the best shows in the entertainment community. Seeing these great musicians, in this tiny venue, with this great group of people is truly one of a kind.

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

Front Row Fred wrote:

Rocket you are the man, so looking forward to seeing you again.

Those of you who are getting a ticket from Rocket, don't worry about a thing, he did this for me for a show of Joe's in San Diego in 2011 I believe, I had not yet met Rocket and was a skeptic as some of you are now, I just drive for four hours, try and find a guy I don't know and get a free ticket, sounded too good true, not only was it true, the seats were third row dead center. So don't worry this is what Rocket does.

On a another note I again have to thank this great Bonacommunity.  Due to my hectic schedule I missed out when these shows went on sale and was left high and dry with no tickets, I had been to every RCFP show at the Spud except for two nights, that's two nights out of about 20 (or more?). We'll one week before the run starts and I have Thursday night ticket, (thanks Enzo!) A Friday night ticket (thanks Rocket) and a Saturday night ticket (thanks Robert) not only that but I was offered a Sunday night and a Monday night, which I had to decline. (stupid hectic new work schedule)

So looking forward to seeing all the Bonaspuds again and enjoying what I think is one of the best shows in the entertainment community. Seeing these great musicians, in this tiny venue, with this great group of people is truly one of a kind.

So glad things worked out for you Chris. Will be great to see you and everyone else at these shows. It's been way too long. Phil and I were talking about all the people we know who will be there. It will be like a wonderful family reunion at our favorite place with the best music we could possibly ask for. Can't wait till Thursday!

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

Thanks Natasha, sometimes it's nice to be lucky instead of smart.

Anyone know if Daniel will be playing?

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

Front Row Fred wrote:

Thanks Natasha, sometimes it's nice to be lucky instead of smart.

Anyone know if Daniel will be playing?

He wasn't listed on the Potato's website, he's not on the new album and he hasn't been in any rehearsal photos, so I don't think so. Seems like it's back to the original lineup from 2013. It's great that Renato happened to already be in town at this time otherwise who knows if these shows would have happened.

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

nmagcorn wrote:
Front Row Fred wrote:

Anyone know if Daniel will be playing?

He wasn't listed on the Potato's website, he's not on the new album and he hasn't been in any rehearsal photos, so I don't think so. Seems like it's back to the original lineup from 2013. It's great that Renato happened to already be in town at this time otherwise who knows if these shows would have happened.

Thanks again, as much as I like how Daniel adds to the groove, where they put him at the baked potato is usually right in front of my favorite seat.  Then I have to crane my neck to see Joe. Having Renato playing is also great news, I like the other guy that sits in for him but I like Renato better.

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

Just got home, fun show, the usual suspects were present, with a few exceptions.  A great time was had by all.

44 (edited by Jane H. 2018-02-03 20:45:58)

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

Hmmm not many reports...must not be that exciting.... big_smile JUST KIDDING
looking forward to hearing more details...wish I was there!! #jealous

found a couple pics by natasha.. https://www.instagram.com/p/BewJf5pBvEG … acornblatt

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

I attended F and S. Great street hang with the usual suspects lining up starting around 1pm. Fans flew in from all over the country and it was really nice to have met some I’d known on social media for years. Saturday was different with all the best seats reserved with the front and center seats filled with what looked like Blues from the Schools kids of 10 or so. We that stood in line to film from the front were put in the back and side tables. I got lucky and shot from a seat by the door that had a clear view of all 5 players at once. Very nice to see Renato’s keyboard wizardry up close and Mike’s fantastic bass in the center stage. Saturday was the best imo with the energy level of the band off the scale. Joe brought Amos and his new (old) dual humbucker telecaster. He said he picked it up for less than a new one and it played better than all his others.
I will get the vids up in a bit and they should be different with some new sight lines. Linda and Natasha got adverse seating with obstructed views so I got lucky.
Rick.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

46 (edited by nmagcorn 2018-02-12 16:05:06)

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

The band was amazing and it was wonderful to hear some of the new songs as well as old favorites. The Baked Potato had always been my happy place, but unfortunately this time around there were countless frustrations and issues which in the end paled in comparison to the scary medical situation that Phil experienced. At the start of the shows a sweet gesture from Joe turned into a seating saga for us due to the venue owner having some major attitude. As Joe said to me, No good deed goes unpunished. How true. He felt bad and then I felt bad that he felt bad. Fortunately we have some wonderful friends who went out of their way to help procure at least one seat for me each night. One night 3 different sets of friends took turns holding a spot and I am so grateful to them for going out of their way for me. Other nights people waited in line for hours only to find that 75% of the tables had been reserved. A sneaky situation going on with no doubt money being exchanged. So much for general admission first come first serve. Have never experienced this situation to this degree at the Baked Potato before. It was ridiculous. Things finally settled down on the 4th night and the vibe finally felt as it had other years. Joe brought his '66 Plymouth Fury. Was cool checking out the car before and after the show, but unfortunately Phil was not feeling well that night. All hell broke loose the next day, the last night for the show when Phil's pain got much worse during the day and I took him to Urgent Care. They immediately believed it was appendix and sent us to the ER. After 6 hours at the ER he was taken into surgery at 10 pm. Appendix was removed and the Dr told me it had been near bursting and if we had waited we could have lost him. Really freaked me out to hear it and definitely put all the issue of the week in perspective. Our friends were all at the show that night and told Joe and Tal what had happened. Linda said Joe was visibly shaken by the news. Joe did a shout out to Phil at the end of the show and then took off the straps from his guitars and gave them to one of our friends to give to Phil. Rocket, Linda, Bob, Michael Baker and his wife Vicci came by the hospital after the show along with Joe's best friend Rick. I will never forget how I felt seeing them all come filing into Phil's hospital room and Phil nearly burst into tears when our friend Michael laid Joe's guitar straps next to him in the hospital bed. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and all of these relationships have come about because of the Rock Candy shows we have attended for the past number of years. I am so thankful to Joe and our friends for all their love and support. Phil is now pretty much back to normal. The shows themselves were a joy to see and you can tell Joe and the guys all have such a good time playing together. They changed up the order each night adding and subtracting different songs from the list. Joe brought a different guitar each night which was cool. Along with the '68 modified Tele, he brought first Magellan, 2nd night the black '59 Custom Les Paul, 3rd Amos, 4th '59 LP "Buddy" (live debut) and the last night was the Runt. It was great having Renato back on keys again and he was killing it each night. In fact they were all killing it. Ron was on fire. Unfortunately 3 of the nights I couldn't see him because of Renato's keyboards. Tal's drumming was off the hook and it was a joy to hear him play again. Love his drum solos they are so imaginative and powerful. And of course Joe kicked butt. Nothing like sitting smack in front of him when he is going off on a solo. Sure hope we don't have to wait another 2 years for another batch of these shows. That's way too long to wait for such fantastic music. And hopefully next time there won't be drama to deal with. All the videos for the four nights we attended are on my youtube channel. I have uploaded the 3rd night as a complete show and will eventually put up the other nights as well as complete shows.

3rd Night's show: https://youtu.be/FEH6Yyia7Tw

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

So sorry to hear about Phil’s condition.Prayers for a speedy recovery.
I appreciate the vids.Maybe someyear  I can make it there.It does sound a little crazy now to get in though.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

gary wrote:

So sorry to hear about Phil’s condition.Prayers for a speedy recovery.
I appreciate the vids.Maybe someyear  I can make it there.It does sound a little crazy now to get in though.

Thanks Gary. Phil is feeling better now. He went in to work today and gets his staples out tomorrow. Here is the full show from the first night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5pz9bYVkM

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

nmagcorn wrote:

Phil is feeling better now. He went in to work today and gets his staples out tomorrow. Here is the full show from the first night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5pz9bYVkM

Wow sounds like it was a tense situation there for a while. REALLY glad to hear of his recovery.  My wife suffers from a condition that has taken us to ER more times than I care to count and it is a really, really awful place to be. Grateful for the care but when you are in ER, you are sick for real.

Thanks again for the great video's. Somehow music is the greatest healer when nothing else is working.

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

NickelWound wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

Phil is feeling better now. He went in to work today and gets his staples out tomorrow. Here is the full show from the first night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5pz9bYVkM

Wow sounds like it was a tense situation there for a while. REALLY glad to hear of his recovery.  My wife suffers from a condition that has taken us to ER more times than I care to count and it is a really, really awful place to be. Grateful for the care but when you are in ER, you are sick for real.

Thanks again for the great video's. Somehow music is the greatest healer when nothing else is working.

Thanks for the concern. Must be hard dealing with your wife's issues. Never a good thing when you have to go to the ER.

Here is the full second night's show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZqUUNrvChc

51 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2018-02-12 20:26:44)

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

Best wishes to Phil! ... very glad to hear he is recovering well ... and prayers for a comfortable staple removal tomorrow.

(and thank you for the RCFP uploads ... very happy you pay no attention to NickelWound's great new avatar wink )

"Bill Schechner has found one young man to busy for fantasy ... he's living it!"
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number and make that a little louder?" Marty DiBergi
Lamarr (bellhop): "We have movie stars in my hotel!" Faye: "They're musicians, actually." Lamarr: "Even better!" (That Thing You Do!)
JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

52 (edited by nmagcorn 2018-02-13 16:33:09)

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Best wishes to Phil! ... very glad to hear he is recovering well ... and prayers for a comfortable staple removal tomorrow.

(and thank you for the RCFP uploads ... very happy you pay no attention to NickelWound's great new avatar wink )

Thanks Al he's doing much better, and you wouldn't believe how many comments on my videos reference that sign, lol. Funny stuff.
Here is night 4 of the 5 night stand. This was my favorite night. The band was really on. Wish I had a better view of Ron, but glad I at least had a seat. Big thanks to Michael and Vicci for sacrificing one of their seats for me each night. Couldn't have filmed from the back corner of the bar so really appreciate their help.
https://youtu.be/DebG9MZ8uFo

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

RickB wrote:

I attended F and S. Great street hang with the usual suspects lining up starting around 1pm. Fans flew in from all over the country and it was really nice to have met some I’d known on social media for years. Saturday was different with all the best seats reserved with the front and center seats filled with what looked like Blues from the Schools kids of 10 or so. We that stood in line to film from the front were put in the back and side tables. I got lucky and shot from a seat by the door that had a clear view of all 5 players at once. Very nice to see Renato’s keyboard wizardry up close and Mike’s fantastic bass in the center stage. Saturday was the best imo with the energy level of the band off the scale. Joe brought Amos and his new (old) dual humbucker telecaster. He said he picked it up for less than a new one and it played better than all his others.
I will get the vids up in a bit and they should be different with some new sight lines. Linda and Natasha got adverse seating with obstructed views so I got lucky.
Rick.

Sounds like you had a blast

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Re: Rock Candy Funk Party 5 nights at Baked Potato Feb 1-5, 2018

cindyron wrote:
RickB wrote:

I attended F and S. Great street hang with the usual suspects lining up starting around 1pm. Fans flew in from all over the country and it was really nice to have met some I’d known on social media for years. Saturday was different with all the best seats reserved with the front and center seats filled with what looked like Blues from the Schools kids of 10 or so. We that stood in line to film from the front were put in the back and side tables. I got lucky and shot from a seat by the door that had a clear view of all 5 players at once. Very nice to see Renato’s keyboard wizardry up close and Mike’s fantastic bass in the center stage. Saturday was the best imo with the energy level of the band off the scale. Joe brought Amos and his new (old) dual humbucker telecaster. He said he picked it up for less than a new one and it played better than all his others.
I will get the vids up in a bit and they should be different with some new sight lines. Linda and Natasha got adverse seating with obstructed views so I got lucky.
Rick.

Sounds like you had a blast

The reserved seating is interesting because I had tickets for all shows and they did tell me I have reserved front row. I thought wow but unfortunately I could not go and gave them away.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others