1 (edited by Invicta 2018-02-05 13:22:10)

Topic: Kris Barras Band

Found Kris this week via Laurence Jones on FB

Very good new CD

Funny how you find a band these days

Check them out on you tube

Re: Kris Barras Band

I'm liking what I'm hearing with this band.

Kris has 3 albums available currently;

Kris Barras Band
Lucky 13
Alive & Lucky  (also DVD) Recorded at Warehouse Recording Co. Harrogate

I've mentioned these on other threads but very recommended.

New album Divine & Dirty (Ist on Mascot label) is available on pre-order for March 23rd release.

If you've got the bug, Kris has tour dates for the album:-
Mar 20 Tue Thousand island London, United Kingdom 
Mar 23 Fri  THE WHARF w/ Robert J. Hunter Tavistock, United Kingdom 
Mar 24 Sat The Palladium Club w/ Robert J. Hunter Bideford, United Kingdom
Mar 27 Tue The Comrades Club w/ Jack J Hutchinson Caterham, United Kingdom 
Mar 28 Wed  Ypres Tavern w/ Jack J Hutchinson Sittingbourne, United Kingdom 
Mar 29 Thu  The Iron Road w/ Blackwater Conspiracy Evesham, United Kingdom 
Mar 30 Fri  Yardbirds Club w/ Blackwater Conspiracy Grimsby, United Kingdom 
Mar 31 Sat  Aatma w/ Blackwater Conspiracy Manchester, United Kingdom 
Apr 4 Wed  The Bullingdon w/ Blackwater Conspiracy Oxford, United Kingdom 
Apr 5 Thu  Face Bar w/ Blackwater Conspiracy Reading, United Kingdom 
Apr 6 Fri The Warehouse  w/ Blackwater Conspiracy  Harrogate, United Kingdom 
Apr 7 Sat The Supporter's Club  w/ Blackwater Conspiracy  West Hartlepool, United Kingdom 
Apr 8 Sun Fuel Rock Club  w/ Blackwater Conspiracy  Cardiff, United Kingdom 
Apr 13 Fri The Musician  w/ Robert J. Hunter  Leicester, United Kingdom
Apr 14 Sat O2 Academy Sheffield Sheffield, United Kingdom 
May 18 Fri The Abertillery Blues Rock Festival Abertillery, United Kingdom 
Jun 15 Fri LoveRocks Festival  w/ Boot Led Zeppelin,  HollowStar,  Arrows Of Time  Ferndown, United Kingdom 
Jul 1 Sun Ramblin Man Fair  Maidstone, United Kingdom 
Jul 22 Sun  Upton  Worcester, United Kingdom

By the way, the tattoos aren't mere decoration, Kris is also an accomplished mixed martial arts fighter.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I am hoping to make the Sittingbourne gig They have just upgraded from the pub to a club

Thanks for all the info

Enjoy, but no spoilers, I'll have to wait until Hartlepool.

As an aside, make sure you catch Jack J Hutchinson at Sittingbourne too. If you haven't heard him yet, you're in a for a treat. Paint No Fiction was one of last year's best albums.

BansheeUK wrote:

As an aside, make sure you catch Jack J Hutchinson at Sittingbourne too. If you haven't heard him yet, you're in a for a treat. Paint No Fiction was one of last year's best albums.

Mike,

We've traded a few bands over the years, but I think Jack may be your best recommendation to date.  He's got such soul and passion in his music.  Paint No Fiction just gets better and better after each listen.  I also really like Austin Gold's album, Before the Clouds.  Real music...  Don't miss Greta Van Fleet when they land across the pond.  Another band that makes me want to get up in the morning.  Don't think I'll be posting here much more, but I wanted to thank you for your passion for great music.  This forum is fortunate for your input.  Rock on everybody, it's what we all still have in common in this divided world......

Curby wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Mike,

We've traded a few bands over the years, but I think Jack may be your best recommendation to date.  He's got such soul and passion in his music.  Paint No Fiction just gets better and better after each listen.  I also really like Austin Gold's album, Before the Clouds.  Real music...  Don't miss Greta Van Fleet when they land across the pond.  Another band that makes me want to get up in the morning.  Don't think I'll be posting here much more, but I wanted to thank you for your passion for great music.  This forum is fortunate for your input.  Rock on everybody, it's what we all still have in common in this divided world......

Wow! Thanks for that Scott; I just see it as returning the favour and the example you set of blurring the boundaries and listening without prejudice. You've steered me toward loads of really good music that I would otherwise have missed and I'll always be grateful for that. In this world of almost constant communication, do, please find the occasion to keep in touch as you feel.
May your God be with you....