19 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-06-20 09:37:27)

Re: Nice find on Ebay if it is legit:

Thanks Rusty! ... I don't think I have seen such a description to an item priced based on its "authenticity" and rarity ... but then described as it can't be verified as to it's authenticity. big_smile

I realize the bay and internet are filled with similar items ... but at least you got him to put it in "in print".

He priced himself out .. even if authentic ... but u making him post the addition to his Description saved someone having buyers remorse even at $10.  Well done and appreciate it!!  (Now ... watch Joe post in and say ... "Oh, we have them made for a week or so back in '92 big_smile)

I'd maybe go for $5-10 now ... just in the name of BonamassaForumHistory. big_smile

Thanks again!

"Bill Schechner has found one young man to busy for fantasy ... he's living it!"
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number and make that a little louder?" Marty DiBergi
Lamarr (bellhop): "We have movie stars in my hotel!" Faye: "They're musicians, actually." Lamarr: "Even better!" (That Thing You Do!)
JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Thanks Rusty! ... I don't think I have seen such a description to an item priced based on its "authenticity" and rarity ... but then described as it can't be verified as to it's authenticity. big_smile

I realize the bay and internet are filled with similar items ... but at least you got him to put it in "in print".

He priced himself out .. even if authentic ... but u making him post the addition to his Description saved someone having buyers remorse even at $10.  Well done and appreciate it!!  (Now ... watch Joe post in and say ... "Oh, we have them made for a week or so back in '92 big_smile)

I'd maybe go for $5-10 now ... just in the name of BonamassaForumHistory. big_smile

Thanks again!

Guys my source is man himself. He told me it was not his pick

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

21 (edited by Jane H. 2016-06-20 10:33:56)

Thanks Rusty. The guy didn't write back after I nicely explained i was a collector too and i quoted what Berry O. Jr. said.
oh wait he wrote back "x" , twice, whatever that is supposed to mean....I am glad i was spared from his unpleasant back and forth....

the mood i am in i'm glad he is in #_)(*&@#$%^&*( FL where they make the worst kind of blues purist - wouldn't be surpirsed if, blahblahblah $%^&*(()(*&^%  what a $%^&*({(*&^^&*()_

and thanks for the info Ron. I was going to go with telling him that my friend has Joe's phone number and I trust his comments, but i thought the actual quote from Mr. Oakley would have carried more weight. not so much an issue any of us buying that thing (well unless its 10 bux lol RoadcaseBoy smile ) but just hate to see anyone get rooked, including this seller....i browsed thru his other listings, didn't notice too much other than a bunch of old ticket stubs... I'd say good luck to him but he is on my %^&*() list now!

$#$%^*()(%@$^&*()_)*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 (edited by cindyron 2016-06-20 13:01:22)

Jane H. wrote:

Thanks Rusty. The guy didn't write back after I nicely explained i was a collector too and i quoted what Berry O. Jr. said.
oh wait he wrote back "x" , twice, whatever that is supposed to mean....I am glad i was spared from his unpleasant back and forth....

the mood i am in i'm glad he is in #_)(*&@#$%^&*( FL where they make the worst kind of blues purist - wouldn't be surpirsed if, blahblahblah $%^&*(()(*&^%  what a $%^&*({(*&^^&*()_

and thanks for the info Ron. I was going to go with telling him that my friend has Joe's phone number and I trust his comments, but i thought the actual quote from Mr. Oakley would have carried more weight. not so much an issue any of us buying that thing (well unless its 10 bux lol RoadcaseBoy smile ) but just hate to see anyone get rooked, including this seller....i browsed thru his other listings, didn't notice too much other than a bunch of old ticket stubs... I'd say good luck to him but he is on my %^&*() list now!

$#$%^*()(%@$^&*()_)*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jane
well yes I do and it came from him so you would have been 100% correct. It blows my mind how people take advantage
I hope all is well with you
cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

23 (edited by David A. 2016-06-22 10:44:11)

I have talked with Joe about the Bloodline picks years ago and he told me he always has used the Jazz II picks. The yellow one I use to have was a Berry Oakley Jr. pick... FYI

Music is good for the Soul...

Thanks for the additional info David A.

FWIW i wrote to this guy again last week or so, emphasizing it would be a shame to mislead a real fan and they buy this thing....reiterated the info from BO,Jr.

and he replies to me "I feel that I have addressed this issue more than adequately...the item description is honest, transparent, and self explanatory....sorry, but a second person 'relayed message' from someone I don't know is not sufficient evidence to convince me otherwise. ENOUGH ALREADY!"

so i said i would leave it alone but attached a pic of the screen shot of Berry teling me on facebook. I guess it still wasn't enough, he has this thing still listed. What a jerk IMO

Can't stand people like this that are out their to make a quick buck from screwing other people over.

I doubt it will sell, but if it does the least he deserves is some honest, negative feedback!

Jane H. wrote:

Thanks for the additional info David A.

FWIW i wrote to this guy again last week or so, emphasizing it would be a shame to mislead a real fan and they buy this thing....reiterated the info from BO,Jr.

and he replies to me "I feel that I have addressed this issue more than adequately...the item description is honest, transparent, and self explanatory....sorry, but a second person 'relayed message' from someone I don't know is not sufficient evidence to convince me otherwise. ENOUGH ALREADY!"

so i said i would leave it alone but attached a pic of the screen shot of Berry teling me on facebook. I guess it still wasn't enough, he has this thing still listed. What a jerk IMO

IT IS NOT JOES!!!!!! All beware I asked Joe himself. Guy is out to make $$$$ bad enough it is not the real deal.
Cheers Ron

timb wrote:

Since this thread has already gone off on a bit of a tangent....

The discussion prompted me to just search "bonamassa" on eBay, and I came up with this gem. A recording featuring Joe that I don't own:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301983524276

Bozo the clown? It't on amazon too, but unfortunately there's no audio preview. So I can't tell if it's a must have or not. :-)

I bought the Bozo album and posted the song to YouTube

https://youtu.be/R0k7prjs80w

thank you!!!!
needed to be done!!!

JJ wrote:
timb wrote:

The discussion prompted me to just search "bonamassa" on eBay, and I came up with this gem. A recording featuring Joe that I don't own:

Bozo the clown? It't on amazon too, but unfortunately there's no audio preview. So I can't tell if it's a must have or not. :-)

I wanted to say thanks again for uploading that. I found it today searching for something else. I noticed the pic in the vid is from the more rare version where they spelled Joe's name incorrectly as Bonamasso. Other (later I guess) version have it correct as Bonamassa. So if that was a picture of your copy, its a little more collectible, whatever that's worth big_smile

and about the guitar pick we discussed in this thread, the seller has sold it. What a jerk...I hope he didn't fool a real fan... sad

Jane H. wrote:
JJ wrote:
timb wrote:

I wanted to say thanks again for uploading that. I found it today searching for something else. I noticed the pic in the vid is from the more rare version where they spelled Joe's name incorrectly as Bonamasso. Other (later I guess) version have it correct as Bonamassa. So if that was a picture of your copy, its a little more collectible, whatever that's worth big_smile

and about the guitar pick we discussed in this thread, the seller has sold it. What a jerk...I hope he didn't fool a real fan... sad

Some people never learn

Hmm.  Wonder how much a booger from Joe's nose would be?  Would it come with certificate of authenticity?

Kicking up an oldie for a new somewhat related post ...

I have questioned some items in the Store ... but when I saw this item's Title on Ebay today ... I was really scratching my head for a second.

Joe B By joe bonamassa Pink And Gray Striped Fold Over WAist Maxi Skirt Medium
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-B-By-joe-b … 8302!US!-1

(I have wondered if someone paid the ask for that Bloodline Pick.)

Merry Christmas everyone! smile

"Bill Schechner has found one young man to busy for fantasy ... he's living it!"
"Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number and make that a little louder?" Marty DiBergi
Lamarr (bellhop): "We have movie stars in my hotel!" Faye: "They're musicians, actually." Lamarr: "Even better!" (That Thing You Do!)
JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Kicking up an oldie for a new somewhat related post ...

I have questioned some items in the Store ... but when I saw this item's Title on Ebay today ... I was really scratching my head for a second.

Joe B By joe bonamassa Pink And Gray Striped Fold Over WAist Maxi Skirt Medium
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-B-By-joe-b … 8302!US!-1

(I have wondered if someone paid the ask for that Bloodline Pick.)

Merry Christmas everyone! smile

The listing and photos have the brand Joe Benbasset. I bet it's just a fan that missed the brand autocorrected to bonamassa in the title.

Happy holidays everyone!

SenseAbility Gym, a 501(c)(3) public charity run gym and play space for kids with autism and sensory processing disorder. 100% volunteer staffing.

The Bloodline pick in question is from a small christian band from the midwest.

The earliest show used signature picks I got from Joe are Blues Deluxe. The picks I got from him on the SITL tour were generic. Don't know if that's because they ran out or never had them.

35 (edited by Jane H. 2018-01-17 15:47:19)

Jane H. wrote:

hey i got a hold of Berry O. Jr. and he said i could quote him to the ebay seller and i'll copy it here
"No this is Not a BLOODLINE pic...
they are wrong!!! this might be from the metal band from Germany of the same name..
a real bloodline pic is yellow, made by Dunlop and only says Bloodline...
each band member had their own with name but NO bloodline... the bloodline pic was Yellow and only said Bloodline"

Thanks for the info Chuck! I wonder thought from what Berry told me if there wasn't one with Joe's name back then - not a Bloodline one...
still a bit miffed that ebay seller was such a jerk. hope no one gave him money for that