Re: St George Theatre Staten Island NY

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

There was actually 430  people there last night.  Im sorry the show was my best.  We are all severley Jet lagged especially me.  I ve been slightly under the weather and have been mustering as much as I can to get through this week.  The trip to europe has taken a toll on all of us.  The equipment there was a work in progress.  Its a recently renovated theater and they still need to work on that.  Again sorry.  we are trying our best out here.  Its been challenging this week to stay vertical. 
Joe Bonamassa

Well, despite what some people have been saying about this show... I was there along with my Dad and brother in the 4th row. We flew all the way from Toronto, Ontario to be there for the show. There was a little bit of fuzz in the speakers, but honestly... it was the most MIND BLOWING concert I've ever been to. I've been to Rush, Van Halen, and countless other artists who I like very much, but Joe topped them all, and apparently on an 'off day'. That live tone was absolutely to die for. As a young artist/guitar player myself I couldn't even believe how meaty and glorious the sound of that Les Paul was. wow. Just the sheer talent in that band was enough to blow anyone's mind who knew anything about music.
we stayed after to see if Joe came out to chill, but melting faces is not easy work.
Overall, an unreal performance and a great memory. It'd be amazing if the fan base in Canada was enough to get some shows played up here, but until then, I'm hopefully going to drive down to see some more shows near the border.

Thanks again Joe.

G&L ASAT Classic Semi Hollow -> Ernie VP -> Boss TU-2 -> Ernie Wah -> catalinbread super chilli picoso -> Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET -> Fulltone OCD -> Empress Tremolo -> Line 6 DL4 -> Diamond memory Lane 2 -> EH Holy Grail -> Traynot YCV50

Re: St George Theatre Staten Island NY

les_paul70 wrote:

Well, despite what some people have been saying about this show... I was there along with my Dad and brother in the 4th row. We flew all the way from Toronto, Ontario to be there for the show. There was a little bit of fuzz in the speakers, but honestly... it was the most MIND BLOWING concert I've ever been to. I've been to Rush, Van Halen, and countless other artists who I like very much, but Joe topped them all, and apparently on an 'off day'. That live tone was absolutely to die for. As a young artist/guitar player myself I couldn't even believe how meaty and glorious the sound of that Les Paul was. wow. Just the sheer talent in that band was enough to blow anyone's mind who knew anything about music.
we stayed after to see if Joe came out to chill, but melting faces is not easy work.
Overall, an unreal performance and a great memory. It'd be amazing if the fan base in Canada was enough to get some shows played up here, but until then, I'm hopefully going to drive down to see some more shows near the border.

Thanks again Joe.

Great post and welcome les_paul70! Joe's live tone is indeed unbeatable. I hope you get a chance in the not too distant future to see Joe closer to your home in Canada. Kudos to you for making the trip to NY.