Re: Black Country Communion Reunion Confirmed

steinei wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, so, aside from the cruise, I think we'll be sitting out this little venture and hope some funky stuff gets released at some point.

That's exactly what I am waiting for. Luckily it is only a short adventure. But right now I am considering to go to London.
But: Would have been much more cooler if it was RCFP playing in London
Still waiting...
Natasha, you met Tal recently. No more news about RCFP?

Album was finished 8 months ago. Just waiting for it to be released. Hopefully this fall.

Kenny wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

Was hoping Joe would be singing at least one track, but after listening to the little snippets in the newsletter, it looks like it's all Glenn. I wish I could get into this because everyone is so excited and I love the idea of Joe rockin out. Just wish it was him with other guys. Glenn's probably a nice guy, but his screaming vocals hurt my head. Tried to watch the video that people had posted yesterday of "Collide" and it's just way too much Glenn for me and not enough Joe. Kind of strange that the video is no longer available. Everyone has their likes and dislikes, so, aside from the cruise, I think we'll be sitting out this little venture and hope some funky stuff gets released at some point.

I can just see you with your hands over your ears at their concert smile Where will you run to on the cruise? It will be LOUD. Glenn definitely sings all songs on the new album - Classic Rock magazine confirmed it, last publication.

Here is Glenn's interview and he says that Joe is singing one song: “The Last Song For My Resting Place”  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK0vwticbRQ

165 (edited by cindyron 2017-08-02 23:38:23)

Not a fan of screaming either.
Let me fine tune. I love the sound of Deep Purple back in the day. The singing is noticeable right away. When I said screaming I should have said not every minute of the tune. After 5 min I am done. More dynamics

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I can't change anyone's taste but I do think it's oversimplification to call  Glenns singing screaming
There are elements that do aproach that line as did Ian Gillian in his prime.
But that's the style of the genre he is in.Love  it or hate it it has its place.As much as I like  Glenn's vocals and appreciate it.I do think  he is better when reined in a bit.I understand the put off factor as there are some vocalists I just can't get into

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

167 (edited by RickB 2017-08-02 07:09:16)

To each his own. Sometimes Joe just wants to play. If he didn't want to tear up some Rock, he wouldn't have.
Strong itch!
I'm with Jane.
Wish I could go see them.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

To each his own. Sometimes Joe just wants to play. If he didn't want to tear up some Rock, he wouldn't have.
Strong itch!
I'm with Jane.
Wish I could go see them.
Rick

I never said anything about Joe wanting or not wanting to play. He obviously wants to do this since he's the one that initially reached out to the guys to patch things up. The good thing about Joe is he involves himself in different genres of music so there is something for everyone. If the current thing doesn't suit someone's fancy, then wait for the thing that does.

169 (edited by Kenny 2017-08-02 11:31:09)

What makes me think you are excited for this release Jane? smile smile smile

Got my London tickets today.

Knowing this is a group project and not a Bonamassa solo album, I am fine that Joe doesn't take the lead singing on most of the songs.

I too enjoy Glenn's primal "screams", but I grew up listening to that genre.

Can't wait for the BCC release!

I really really like the song Collide!
Joe's riff and solo !!
Glenn's vocals off the charts
Jason in top form
They say it's their best album and can't wait to hear the whole thing

Your rock candy baby

gary wrote:

I really really like the song Collide!
Joe's riff and solo !!
Glenn's vocals off the charts
Jason in top form
They say it's their best album and can't wait to hear the whole thing

Agree on everything. Really like the song.

Official video of "Collide" is now on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFmtxlLU4w

174 (edited by sally12333 2017-08-03 18:24:15)

I agree with many that a little of Glenn goes a long way! 

But, listen to the song Afterglow on the Afterglow album.  Glenn does a beautiful job -  still has some of his feistier singing but some parts present his softer vibe which I think is truly lovely and demonstrates his versatility!  Like that song a lot. And to think they almost scrapped it!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Collide certainly has a growl to it.

That Tele with the PAF hum-buggie in it probably allowed Joe with a thicker LP sound in a Tele body

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

176 (edited by dknight16 2017-08-04 17:37:12)

It's always interesting to me reading how polarizing Glenn's vocals can be. 

I think his power and range is nothing short of amazing.  I myself am a huge fan and love that BCC can showcase his vocals.  I also love hearing a Joe vocal or two on these albums too.

Joe's solo on Collide is totally unexpected and interesting.  It shows the freedom that a project like BBC affords Joe to stretch.  I'll really looking forward to this album and tour.

Now I just need to figure out how to entice my wife to go see a live show with me.  She thinks Glenn is nothing short of "terrible".  Lol!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

177 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-08-07 19:36:37)

Glenn Hughes / Black Country Communion - Interview - myRockworld (YouTube)

Glenn gives an interview on the development of BCC IV

(Uploaded 7/31/17 - 18:29 duration - audio)
https://youtu.be/gK0vwticbRQ (Alex Werkmeister)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

The track “The Last Song for My Resting Place” came about after guitarist Bonamassa suggested a subject. “Joe told me, ‘I’ve got this idea about a song about the head violin player, or the leader of the orchestra, on the Titanic.’ I said, ‘That’s a really good idea.’ He wrote a lyric about the violin player. I thought it was a great opportunity to show how versatile Joe is, so I’m really happy for Joe.” - Glenn Hughes

dknight16 wrote:

It's always interesting to me reading how polarizing Glenn's vocals can be. 

I think his power and range is nothing short of amazing.  I myself am a huge fan and love that BCC can showcase his vocals.  I also love hearing a Joe vocal or two on these albums too.

Joe's solo on Collide is totally unexpected and interesting.  It shows the freedom that a project like BBC affords Joe to stretch.  I'll really looking forward to this album and tour.

Now I just need to figure out how to entice my wife to go see a live show with me.  She thinks Glenn is nothing short of "terrible".  Lol!

Well If I lived in your area I would. Be happy to be the Mrs for the show!!

Your rock candy baby

For all those who say Glenn is only screaming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyLyJdMIck
(Together with Joe Lynn Turner)
Btw-This Rock-opera is highly recomanded!