Topic: Pitman Theater (Alverno College) - Milwaukee, WI 11/3/07

Starting threads for the upcoming Wisconsin swing.  Chrissie and I will be attending this one and we are going to Mama Mia's for dinner prior to the show. Their meat sauce and bread is to die for!

Re: Pitman Theater (Alverno College) - Milwaukee, WI 11/3/07

Steve, can you give me the address of that restaurant? We're looking for someplace to eat before the show and that sounds wonderful!

I'm just saying.

We are going to this location:

http://tinyurl.com/375q6q

It's not far off 894 and basically on the way to the venue for us as we are heading south towards the venue.  Brookfield would take us too far west.  Milwaukee has so many great places to eat though.  If you like authentic Mexican, go to the area of 5th and National.  Some yummy places there. (here's one: http://www.ilovelafuente.com/

I also like the Chancery, which is right off 894 at 27th. http://www.thechancery.com/

I couldn't resist looking over the menus at La Fuente & Hemingway's. I would go with the Cuban place, but I think I would cruise in and try their mojito first. If they nail the mojito I'm sure their food would be a home run too. Mexican food is an everyday thing here in Ca. and as they say Cuban IS! the new Mexican.

Vamanos Muchachos!!!!!!

El Perro Jota

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Good Morning, All!! 11/2 HOB this Friday, I can't wait!! Just questioning My first Joe show was Outside and everything was perfect, Weather, company, Nice cold Honey Weis and The sound was CD rate if not better. My question is in your past experiences is Joes sound as good inside? Is it overly loud? I know were on the Floor and I will be ok but my wife does not like extreamly loud noise.. Ear Plugs?

tmerrick wrote:

Good Morning, All!! 11/2 HOB this Friday, I can't wait!! Just questioning My first Joe show was Outside and everything was perfect, Weather, company, Nice cold Honey Weis and The sound was CD rate if not better. My question is in your past experiences is Joes sound as good inside? Is it overly loud? I know were on the Floor and I will be ok but my wife does not like extreamly loud noise.. Ear Plugs?

Joe's sound is top notch inside or out now that they have their own sound board that Jay executes with greatest of ease. At least he makes it appear that way, the sound is under the bands control nowadays. BTW, Favretastic game last night.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

tmerrick wrote:

Yeah, it's loud, but those plexiglass shields Joe uses seem to help quite a bit. If your wife doesn't like loud, I'd bring the earplugs just in case.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

If you forget earplugs, use toilet paper from the bathroom.  Seriously...I have done this and it helps.

Is there an opener tonight in case I run late?

Belexes wrote:

Is there an opener tonight in case I run late?

Crosby Loggins...did about 45 or 50 minutes last night.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Another fantastic show from Joe, Bogie, Carmine, and Rick! Set list was the same as the previous shows. The encores were: "Ball Peen Hammer", "Asking Around For You", & "Miss You, Hate You". This was the first time we saw Joe in a proper theater setting. The Pitman Theater was a great place to see a show. Great acoustics, and lighting, although during the drum solo the bass was a little overpowering, at least from our location which was in the 6th row center.
We thought Joe's voice sounded great and his guitar work was equal to the best we've ever seen.

It was nice to see Roy and his family, Bill S. and his wife, Jaci and Ken and Jeff. After the show Joe came out and signed many requests and chatted with his fans. After virtually everyone was gone, Rick came out and chatted with us as well.

Next stop - for us at least - Wausau.

Chrissie here...

This is the first time I've seen a show in a nice comfy cushy chair...I liked it!  It sounded great in there, but at times it was hard to understand the vocals.  I know sometimes Joe just mumbles his words together, that I got, but the opening song by the opening guy was I swear in Chinese.  It almost seemed so loud that it some of the songs were unintelligible.  The music itself sounded very rich though.  Steve's recording sounds great, I'm sure many of you will get to enjoy it.

I'm skipping Wausau, but I'll see some of you in GB. 

-C

Steve here....

I think I did pull a very nice recording last night.  Who the heck was that girl screaming for Joe up front to the left? If we had been at Shank Hall I **know** that's who I would have been sitting next to.

I have to agree with Chrissie on Joe's vocals.  They didn't sound that clear and seems to sound like Joe is singing from his "throat" if anyone knows what I mean.  This is probably a technique used to save Joe's voice so it doesn't get trashed from the constant touring. I know he has or may still use a vocal coach.  His vocals are still 100 times better than some recordings I have from 2002.

Bogie is a great drummer, but doesn't need a solo. So many times I just think it's a reason for all the rest of the players to get a break from playing.  Putting the solo at near the end of the set is just strange placement as well. So many people made runs for the bathroom/drink as soon as the solo started, so that gives you an idea of the crowd's patience and attention span for a drum solo.

Second show I have attended with Rick on keys.  Note to sound engineer, TURN HIM UP!  He isn't getting the attention in the mix I think he deserves.  tongue

It was wonderful to finally see Joe in seated indoor venue although the place was far from sold-out, he'll sell it out eventually.  He use to play Shank to 12-14 people.

Green Bay on Monday...

We had a great time last night - want to especially thank Roy for having us over to meet
his family - a wonderful bunch of people!  I wanted to stick around after the show to chat
with everyone - Bill, Jane, Lee, Renee and the band, however our ride was leaving so we had to go.  But there's two shows left - GB and Wausau.!
Jaci

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger