1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-05-10 10:26:24)

Topic: From Cradle to Stage: Stories from the Mothers Who Raised Rock Stars

Was paging through my nieces's People magazine last night and saw a mention of a book written by Dave Grohl's mother titled:  From Cradle to Stage: Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars (Seal Press 4/18/2017)

... And as Virginia watched her son's star rise, she often wondered about the other mothers who raised sons and daughters who became rock stars. Were they as surprised as she was about their children's fame? Did they worry about their children's livelihood and wellbeing in an industry fraught with drugs and other dangers? Did they encourage their children's passions despite the odds against success, or attempt to dissuade them from their grandiose dreams? Do they remind their kids to pack a warm coat when they go on tour?

Virginia decided to seek out other rock star mothers to ask these questions, and so began a two-year odyssey in which she interviewed such women as Verna Griffin, Dr. Dre's mother; Marianne Stipe, Michael Stipe of REM's mother; Janis Winehouse, Amy Winehouse's mother; Patsy Noah, Adam Levine's mother; Donna Haim, mother of the Haim sisters; Hester Diamond, Mike D of The Beastie Boys' mother.

https://www.amazon.com/Cradle-Stage-Sto … 5Q1S2HNRXM

PS:  Joe's mother could write a book in her own right ... I think we all agree his parents raised a fine son!

PSS:  read today where Amazon lowered their Free Shipping purchase threshold back to $25 (to compete with Walmart) for those without Prime.

PSSS: Amazon went from 15 to 12 books in stock as I was writing this (with more on the way) smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.