Topic: Fall 2017 Presale Eblast On It's Way

Hello All!

I was just given a heads up that the eblast containing all of the ticket links and codes is on it's way. There was a slight delay in getting the links created by the venues, but they are all coming in now and we will get that blast out to you as soon as we possibly can!

-Street Team Eric

2 (edited by RickB 2017-04-04 12:57:42)

Re: Fall 2017 Presale Eblast On It's Way

Code wrong for Sta. Barbara. Would kick off, then when accepted, all good seats sold. The presale is a joke now.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I got my blast at 4:30 central time yesterday. It's a good thing I know to look here or Facebook first. I wonder if it is time to re think the system.

The code emails never reach me until way later in the day of the sale. Yesterday's arrived at 5:44 p.m. CDT.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

I wish the codes were only posted here on the forum. The email blast hardly mattered since the codes were literally posted all over the internet. I think I saw them shared on facebook in at least 20 places both in groups and on people's own personal pages not to mention it was put out on twitter as well. Use to be that a presale with fan codes were a special thing to be kept somewhat secret from the entire world in order to give only the fans a better chance at scoring tickets. Now, it seems like there is no sense in even having codes if they are going to be put out the for the entire world to see.  Everyone these days has some type of device that allows them to access this site whether they are signed up to be a member or not. They all expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. For something like this it should require a little bit of effort. It's not like presale is the only way the entire world can get tickets. They do go on sale to the general public within a few days.

Given the number of concerts this Fall, the demand should have been pretty spread out across venues. (I know the Beacon had heavy demand and problems internally).

That said, I personally think the problem is Ticketmaster and the venues withholding seats for their own scalping, likely with proceeds split to encourage it. Those seats never see the light of day for fans. In certain venues where they reward their own season ticket holders with seats to everything (Saratoga comes to mind) lots of seats are accounted for in advance of any sales, fan club or elsewise.

It is amazing how easy the process is without Ticketmaster involved. Yesterday at the Ithaca venue where there is no Ticketmaster, there were good seats all over the place. It was a very easy process.

I have no magic solutions. My feeling is that getting in the venue in good seats (as opposed to perhaps THE best seats) might be an obtainable goal.

nmagcorn wrote:

I wish the codes were only posted here on the forum. The email blast hardly mattered since the codes were literally posted all over the internet. I think I saw them shared on facebook in at least 20 places both in groups and on people's own personal pages not to mention it was put out on twitter as well. Use to be that a presale with fan codes were a special thing to be kept somewhat secret from the entire world in order to give only the fans a better chance at scoring tickets. Now, it seems like there is no sense in even having codes if they are going to be put out the for the entire world to see.  Everyone these days has some type of device that allows them to access this site whether they are signed up to be a member or not. They all expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. For something like this it should require a little bit of effort. It's not like presale is the only way the entire world can get tickets. They do go on sale to the general public within a few days.

Even worse I went on Vivid and seats were available before the time of fan presale. Unfortunately no one is going to be able to coral this. People do this for a living taking advantage of others. Seems like someone has a in with someone buys all the first two or three rows then sells them for 2 to 3 times the value. This is going to be the norm unfortunately

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

My experience yesterday was a bit different...the venue (sacramento memorial auditorium) is not a ticketmaster venue, which is good and bad...good, that they don't have the pre-presale grab of premium tix for PREMIUM prices...bad, when you don't know who the vendor is you can't get in the presale without the "email blast" which ended up for me as just a change in the "Tour Dates" far right box that included a link to the vendor.....but that box with the link didn't work when I inserted the code so I had to call the Sac Mem Audi box office and order through a real, talking person (rather refreshing)....bad again was when the lady told me initially that I could buy tix in the front row, center section, then she said "Those seats have just been taken" and offered me second row, center section...she then said "Those seats have just been taken as well as all center section seats back to row 15"....I think PBS and the Auditorium season ticket holders have a lock on those....so I ended up with front row, left hand side of stage, which I am happy with as I can deal with a crook in my neck to sit that close....I too think that if they gave the codes and links to the proper ticketing agent in the "Street Team" thread in this forum ONLY it would be fair to the faithful...but we would have to monitor ourselves to keep from releasing the codes willie nillie....

Yes getting good close center seats is almost a thing of the past.
Right up there with meet n greet access.

Yes I believe that Ticketmaster holds into tickets for their own scalpers.

Plus Ticketmaster treats every device different ie pc vs phone vs tablet.

I had no choice but to use my tablet yesterday. I ended up in row 9 way stage right as that was the only choice it picked for  me. No choice on the map was taken away be Ticketmaster site.

Later in the day I checked with my phone and I could see better seats, but I'd already committed to the first purchase.
All this because the boss said I couldn't do it from work.

I'm with Natasha.
Post pre-sale codes here. 
Won't stop someone from clip and paste in to Facebook, but hey might slow some scalpers down

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Hmm... I've never bought concert tickets before Joe, so I don't know what a normal experience is. But that how it was for me yesterday: knew from summer presale to look for individual tickets, not the pairs. So had 3 windows open: Beacon Saturday show  - orchestra center right row bb $230, Springfield MA row c  $175 and Montreal row A for $204 CAN. So only was considering travel times etc between those 3. Picked Montreal ( $155 american dollars for first row!!!). And so regret today about not buying Beacon ( it's not available anymore ) - sigh,  but also have several shows through PBS - yeah, I am a Bonaholic and Bonavirgin on top of that... bingeticketbuying smile
So I guess I like the codes . Also bought my Portland, ME tickets ( 4th row ) through Summer fan presale.

11 (edited by Chawbacon 2017-04-07 11:37:39)

Tom Petty's Highway Companion Club has worked well for me.    It cost $60 to join the first time,  which I did in 2014 to see TP and the Heartbreakers in Tulsa.     Our seating was not that good,  wife was very disappointed,  it was to the side of the stage , one level up.

But I re-upped in Dec for $50 to get tickets for TP's show in OKC this month,  and I'm on the fourth row from the stage , on the floor.  Very happy with results.

Yeah, it seems like $60 more for tickets was a lot, but it was only $30 per ticket,  and IIRC ,   I could buy up to four tickets. 

And the tickets can only be picked up at will call on the day of the concert.

Evidently,  TP uses this to identify his fans and try to get around scalpers, and get his fans the best seats.    But really, if scalpers are a real concern to acts, then increasing supply by scheduling more than one night, is one answer.     Paul McCartney does this,  he will add another night and it really cuts the legs out from under those trying to profit on the secondary market.    Garth Brooks just keeps adding shows, as each one sells out,  I think he now has six nights in Kansas City.   But I realize less popular acts like Joe and others, can't do that.

Chawbacon wrote:

Tom Petty's Highway Companion Club has worked well for me.    It cost $60 to join the first time,  which I did in 2014 to see TP and the Heartbreakers in Tulsa.     Our seating was not that good,  wife was very disappointed,  it was to the side of the stage , one level up.

But I re-upped in Dec for $50 to get tickets for TP's show in OKC this month,  and I'm on the fourth row from the stage , on the floor.  Very happy with results.

Yeah, it seems like $60 more for tickets was a lot, but it was only $30 per ticket,  and IIRC ,   I could buy up to four tickets. 

And the tickets can only be picked up at will call on the day of the concert.

Evidently,  TP uses this to identify his fans and try to get around scalpers, and get his fans the best seats.    But really, if scalpers are a real concern to acts, then increasing supply by scheduling more than one night, is one answer.     Paul McCartney does this,  he will add another night and it really cuts the legs out from under those trying to profit on the secondary market.    Garth Brooks just keeps adding shows, as each one sells out,  I think he now has six nights in Kansas City.   But I realize less popular acts like Joe and others, can't do that.

I personally like the idea of a paid fan club and have lobbied for it in the past. I think it would of been premature 5 years ago but feel it's time has come. There can be special store items offered to fan club members even this forum could be locked down with members only access. It seems to have served it's original purpose and could be moved behind a pay wall. The current pre sale model just isn't all the effective except in the smaller markets and in venues that aren't ticketbastard operated. The street team also has run it's course in my opinion. Offering Meet and Greet packages to fan club members would be I think more desirable but Joe just seems to not like the idea of paying for access. I know the lithograph is basically paying for access but in reality it isn't a bad deal with what tickets cost these days. The PBS packages are pay for access but the stations retain that as part of their fundraiser so it is different than simply charging for access.

Doubt anything will change any time soon though. Organizing and operating a fan club would be a full time job for somebody. There are services some artists use to run their fan clubs but you give up some control and the personal touch J&R likes to retain.

This was Joe's original social network marketing in practice. Nobody knew it but in retrospect that is what this was. Most everybody and I believe even Joe have moved on tho other platforms where it is much less personal. Joe is involved in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram all with a broader audience and ability to reach more people than this forum does. He is involved in the Les Paul Forum and posts regularly there. I even mentioned to him that I thought this forum was on life support and he could save it.

It is a historical record and I believe it needs to remain a tool for building fan relationships but it needs to evolve a bit and more importantly I believe Joe needs to help it by getting back involved with it. He used to know the members and I'm not so sure that is true other than those that have been here a long time. By making it a perc of fan club membership might just be a way forward. I am approaching my 15th anniversary of my first live experience and having this forum to come to and connect with the few other fanatics was such a great thing. Of course Facebook is there for people too. Nothing like having Opie chime in from time to time.

Really I don't long for the good old days of small clubs and personal interaction as much as I realize you can incorporate some of that in today's current level of success. Here is a place that you can do that. It wouldn't be like starting something new it would just be an evolution. Maybe requiring something as simple as registering to see the content. Always has been a place for people to lurk and learn and at some point join in. Just not that many people joining in anymore. Forum membership was a badge of honor for awhile and it needs to be that once again.

jim m wrote:

This was Joe's original social network marketing in practice. Nobody knew it but in retrospect that is what this was. Most everybody and I believe even Joe have moved on tho other platforms where it is much less personal. Joe is involved in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram all with a broader audience and ability to reach more people than this forum does. He is involved in the Les Paul Forum and posts regularly there. I even mentioned to him that I thought this forum was on life support and he could save it.

It is a historical record and I believe it needs to remain a tool for building fan relationships but it needs to evolve a bit and more importantly I believe Joe needs to help it by getting back involved with it. He used to know the members and I'm not so sure that is true other than those that have been here a long time. By making it a perc of fan club membership might just be a way forward. I am approaching my 15th anniversary of my first live experience and having this forum to come to and connect with the few other fanatics was such a great thing. Of course Facebook is there for people too. Nothing like having Opie chime in from time to time.

Really I don't long for the good old days of small clubs and personal interaction as much as I realize you can incorporate some of that in today's current level of success. Here is a place that you can do that. It wouldn't be like starting something new it would just be an evolution. Maybe requiring something as simple as registering to see the content. Always has been a place for people to lurk and learn and at some point join in. Just not that many people joining in anymore. Forum membership was a badge of honor for awhile and it needs to be that once again.

I for one would be happy to pay for membership if it meant greater access to Joe to ask questions etc.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

I do not come on the forum very often but I do buy tickets to see Joe. I hate the pre-sales myself anymore. They use to be "only for true fans" here but you do not even have to sign in on this forum to see the content, which is self-defeating to me. All anyone needs to know is that they are here and with a small amount of searching , there the codes are. And as Natasha says, the codes were everywhere this time. Every Joe Facebook page had them posted, or shared everywhere. With social media like it is I see no way to keep the codes a secret for "only true fans". Plus Joe has millions of fans now so who would be considered "true fans"?
I would pay for more exclusive access to Joe and the pre-sale codes, myself.
I do think this forum is good for connecting with fellow fans but not for pre-sale codes anymore. And email is not an option since I do not always get the newsletter.
Just my 2 cents.

Nancy A.

16 (edited by DougH 2017-09-11 14:07:54)

Inluvwithjoe wrote:

. And as Natasha says, the codes were everywhere this time. Every Joe Facebook page had them posted, or shared everywhere.
Nancy A.

Sad when Alex was handing out the codes years ago, it was so exclusive it was hard to get them but once you did, you got great seats.

When Eric took over there was a lot of backlash to him about how exclusive the codes were and you had to be "Alex special friend".
So as a result he posted them everywhere for every ticket scalper out there.

Too bad the presales codes can't be some how contained here for a few days.
But then again someone from here would post on public social media anyways.

Wish I had an answer

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)