Re: Forum players under 21

Does this story sound familiar?
A local product you might be hearing some day. The kid is smoking hot. For those without Facebook, my apologies.
https://www.facebook.com/groovster/post … 3018169707
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

cathysiler wrote:

It's very exciting how much young talent resides in this community. The numbers are growing quickly. It would be nice to have a place where you can post your videos, connect with others your age, and not have it disappear onto page 3 in a few days. So I hope this becomes your "hangout".       Cathy

Cathy, thank you so much for the invite to join!  So excited to be a part of the group and the Blues Alive at Sea trip!  My son Ryan is 20 and has played professionally for 10 years.  He's quite the old soul!  His style resonates with the next generation (who we hope keeps the Blues alive and well), as well as my age group and beyond.  He's played on stage with John Mayall, one of his idols and a huge influence!  His dream is to become a part of a group and travel the world sharing his music.  He's written several original songs blues rock style as well.  If there's an opportunity to post his videos to share with all ages, on this forum, I'd love to!  Thanks again for supporting up and coming artists! ✌️

CarolynNewman wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

It's very exciting how much young talent resides in this community. The numbers are growing quickly. It would be nice to have a place where you can post your videos, connect with others your age, and not have it disappear onto page 3 in a few days. So I hope this becomes your "hangout".       Cathy

Cathy, thank you so much for the invite to join!  So excited to be a part of the group and the Blues Alive at Sea trip!  My son Ryan is 20 and has played professionally for 10 years.  He's quite the old soul!  His style resonates with the next generation (who we hope keeps the Blues alive and well), as well as my age group and beyond.  He's played on stage with John Mayall, one of his idols and a huge influence!  His dream is to become a part of a group and travel the world sharing his music.  He's written several original songs blues rock style as well.  If there's an opportunity to post his videos to share with all ages, on this forum, I'd love to!  Thanks again for supporting up and coming artists! ✌️

Glad you found your way smile Please try to post a video because your son is very talented.

CarolynNewman wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

Carolyn...there is a pre cruise get together/jam that is being organized...on the FB page for the cruise, on the right hand side, "upcoming group events"...Ryan may want to join in with this group on the night before departure....

Time for a bit of thread-revival......

Here’s a young lad, son of a very good friend of mine - don’t think there’s too much coaching needed here, other than some stage time…. Currently shredding round the Edinburgh area, so keep an ear out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fUp2zMnLDM

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

Here’s a young lad, son of a very good friend of mine - don’t think there’s too much coaching needed here, other than some stage time…. Currently shredding round the Edinburgh area, so keep an ear out...

Don't want to jinx things, but could be a gig in Edinburgh in the New Year.

BansheeUK wrote:

Bannerman's Edinburgh - 15-01-23

Anyone remember the youngster above? Well, he knows you, well some of you since his Youtube says he got some hits generated from this site, for which he's very grateful, btw.

Anyway, last night his band played only their 2nd gig and I was invited to leave my usual sanctuary to see what was shaking, and to check out the other bands on the bill - all of which are made up from students in the city; hence the placement of the posting. It made for my first visit to this vaunted and vaulted venue, so an experience all round.

So first up were a post-punk / new wave inspired trio, Goby with a short and spikey set that included a Buzzcocks and an Undertones cover, both a joy to hear again, even if the delivery was a little lacking. Unfortunately, their set was marred by the 1st glimmerings of a gremlin; no vocals in the sound mix at the start, then a snapped string and the drum kit almost collapsing (someone did get a bit too enthusiastic at the soundcheck...).

Next up were a septet, Deltamatic. Of the evening, these guys I'd say were the most experienced, but again, probably partially down to the mix, but there were 2 people too many on stage (why keyboards and 3 guitars?). Setting up and clearing times aside, they had a really good funky groove going, mainly down to their Bass player, that lad had it going on.

And finally, the reason I went up, Max and the band - The Southsiders. Well, after a promising start, the gremlin struck again, on the lead guitar, well, on both his guitars as it happened. Talk about "baptism of fire". However, taking the rhythm guy's back-up Strat and some hasty re-tuning and in an example of "grace under pressure" most of The Southsiders set was salvaged and they acquitted them selves, heads maybe not held as high as they'd wished, but at least above the crap. They certainly went down well with a lively & youthful crowd in the room.

Fair to say, each band has something to learn after the night's show and hopefully they take it on board as they made the push to get out there and play some live music, and clearly they enjoyed it, we enjoyed it, so it's still kicking in Edinburgh.

Lordy, so that's what it's like to be the oldest guy in the room: I used to worry about wearing the oldest t-shirt, even if it was a badge of honour - been there, seen them, here's the b****y t-shirt.

So, yesterday, had the usual Sunday morning stroll down the Quayside and spent a good while chilling and enjoying a couple of buskers plying their trade: fair range of covers; Paul Simon, Chris Isaak. Chuck Berry, The Beatles and a touch of Creedence.

They had a good pitch on the Quayside; midway between Tyne Bar and The Riverside, with The Sage at their backs. What stood out, these were done without the aid of backing tapes and neither of the lads wouldn't be old enough to get into most venues, even with accompanying adult. They may not have been perfect, but I've paid to see worse, however they had plenty of confidence, so if they stick at it, they'll be playing those venues before too long.

Keep an eye out for Small Blazers; better yet, next time at the Quayside, seek them out and drop a couple of quid.