Re: New JBonamassa.com Site

I've reported a lot of spam recently and as I usually visit at least three times a day will continue to do so. It mainly seems to come overnight US time, just in time for my work fix at about 8am UK. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Jane H. wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Apologies if this has previously been mentioned and I'm sure its something that pre-dates the new look web site & forum, but for a while now I've not been getting email notification when new posts have been added to subscribed threads.
No big deal, as there's indicators that posts have been added to threads but some are of more interest than others.

Hi Banshee, we've been trying to trouble shoot this a bit.
Another user mentioned the same thing. I gave it a try - never had used it before.
It worked for me (and its working for JBWM) but I noticed that it said something - regarding the fact that you won't get new notices on the same thread - until you log in again, like if you get a notice that a new post has been made on a thread you subscribed to - you won't get another notice about that thread until you read it when logged in?

not sure if that was any different than before as I never tried to subscribe before. and I promptly unsubscribed after testing it before - i look tooooo often - and don't need extra emails. Obviously you log in often though BansheeUK, thanks for spam report work (thanks to others who do so too)! I'll do my best to try to help get this working. Its working for JBWM so...IDK - the more details the better I guess. I'll try to experiment more soon.

It's Alive, It's Alive, it's alive..... whatever you jabbed with a screwdriver or walloped with your shoe, it's working again; I'm getting notifications of posts. Many thanks and may your bathrooms be free of tigers.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

57 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-10-22 20:47:58)

It appears the Main Site is down (since late yesterday) ... but not the Store ... and luckily ... not the Forum. smile

(Doubt ....but wonder if related to that Cyberattack on Dyn Inc. yesterday? (a NH based firm that provides internet traffic management.))

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

It appears the Main Site is down (since late yesterday) ... but not the Store ... and luckily ... not the Forum. smile

(Doubt ....but wonder if related to that Cyberattack on Dyn Inc. yesterday? (a NH based firm that provides internet traffic management.))

Something odd is going on, I can't open the site using my bookmark/favourites but can if I do a google search or just type in the website details.
This has been happening since Saturday.

Lester.

I can't access the forum from my perspective.  But I can through my phone.

Bet it has to the DOS attack

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

No different here on the craptop. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Patience, please...

Step-by-step...

No bogey, I mean biggie wink

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

so do we know why we have to Google the forum and not able to use our pre-saved favorites links in our browsers to get to the forum?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Yep, any and all issues we had were totally DNS attack related. That's also the reason that bookmarks will either help or hurt connectivity. DNS is short for Domain Name Server which is like a telephone directory that connects easy to remember .Com names with the actual number of the server, it's IP address. So when an Anonymous sect attacted Dyn's DNS servers the last few days, it screwed with the way that people could easily get to a website. Everything from Twitter to Shopify was up/down/up. Very annoying.