Aynsley on the road over the summer:-

May 28 Burton-upon-Trent; Brewhouse Arts - Solo/Duo

Jun 17 Sheffield; The Greystones - Band
Jun 18 Harrogate; Ripley Blues - Band

Jul 09 POLAND Suwalki; Suwalki Blues Festival - +48 87 563 51 82  - Band
Jul 14 Farnham; The Maltings - Band
Jul 15 Billericay; New Crawdaddy Blues Club - Band
Jul 16 Upton; Upton Blues Festival - 07582 601 460 - Band
Jul 17 Eyes Meadow, Duffield; The Eyes Have It Music Festival - 07707562981 - Band

Aug 05 Bristol; The Tunnels  - Band
Aug 06 Wimborne; Tivoli Theatre  - Band
Aug 26 Chepstow Castle; Castell Roc Music Festival with The Blues Band ft. Paul Jones - 01291 627122 - Band

Guitar Weekends - September 16th - 18th 2016 Denham Grove - 07896672012 - Tuition

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Re: Welcome back Aynsley Lister!!!

Oh, and er......

"Heyyyy!!! The album launch party is now BOOKED, at an awesome venue in Nottingham and includes a three course meal at the same venue!!

August 4th... Details to be announced soon, but save the date!

Speaking of the album... I just had a listen through and it's ONE HOUR AND SEVEN MINUTES LONG!!! Freakin' 'MAZING!

Anyway.. As you were... "

Says Steph Lister.......

201 (edited by BansheeUK 2016-05-16 09:17:12)

Aynsley Lister - Eyes Wide Open ALBUM LAUNCH

Eyes Wide Open ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY!!!

Taking place at Bistro Live! in Nottingham, the party will include a three course meal. Aug 4th!!!
(2 Barker Gate, Nottinghan; (not far from Motorpoint Arena)

Tickets (£27.50) available through the MERCH link on Aynsley's web-site home-page

Discovered this video which features a track on the forthcoming album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MThH2Ev7GHY

Playing my "local" The Citadel, St.Helens. Friday 2nd December.
Missed out last December, was due to see him at The Caves, Edinburgh but all trains cancelled due to all the floods around that time.

203 (edited by BansheeUK 2016-06-29 04:03:43)

davesam wrote:

Discovered this video which features a track on the forthcoming album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MThH2Ev7GHY

Playing my "local" The Citadel, St.Helens. Friday 2nd December.
Missed out last December, was due to see him at The Caves, Edinburgh but all trains cancelled due to all the floods around that time.

Yeah, with the album launch in August getting ever closer, new songs are filtering into the set; the other week-end at Ripley Grand Mafioso was included.

When he was touring last December, Aynsley did sneak in a couple of new songs, but did ask that if folk did record them, not to post on YouTube for a while, to keep the new album fresh. However, here's a vid of a classic cover that was sneaking into the set toward the end of last year; maybe on the album, maybe not..... 
Champagne & A Reefer  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uKYG3uGfFk

204 (edited by BansheeUK 2016-08-16 08:25:11)

Aynsley's itinerary for late summer through to Christmas

Sep 22 uk  Chislehurst  Beaverwood - 0208 761 9078 Band
Sep 23 uk  Sutton  Boom Boom - 0208 761 9078  Band
Sep 24 uk  Cornucopia Festival  Burton Constable Hall (nr. Hull) - 01377 217406  Band
Sep 28 uk  Milton Keynes  The Stables - 01908 280800  Band
Sep 29 uk  Chester  Telfords Warehouse - 01244 390090 Band
Sep 30 uk  Burnley  Burnley Mechanics - 01282 664400  Band
October 2016
Oct 01 uk Guisborough  Rhythm and Blues Club - 01287 634365 Band
Word is; This will be Guisborough's Last Stand before closing it's doors.

Oct 05 at  Rankweil Altes Kino - +43 5522 45387 Band
Oct 06 ch  Fricktaler Blues Festival Fricks Monti - +41 62 871 04 44 Band
Oct 07 ch  Rubigen  Muhle Hunziken - 031 721 0 721  Band
Oct 08 ch  Linthal  Blues Linthkraft Lounge - 055 643 26 86 Band
Oct 09 de  Habach Village (Begin 8pm) - +49 (0) 8847 - 725 Band
Oct 10 de  Haiming - SOLD OUT Gewölbe Band
Oct 13 cz  Jablonec nad Nisou  Klub Na Rampe - +420 487 070 012 Band
Oct 14 cz  Ceske Budejovice  Highway 61 Jazz & Blues Club - +420 607 775 284  Band
Oct 15 cz  Smolotely  Penzion Smolotel +420 604 657 156  Band
Oct 16 de  Postbauer-Heng  KiSH - 09188/3321 Band
Oct 19 de  Metzingen-Glems Hirsch - 07123 959132 Band
Oct 20 de  Stuttgart  Laboratorium - 0711/505 20 01 Band
Oct 21 de  Schönenberg-Kübelberg Gasthaus Schleppi - 06371-12890 Band
Oct 29 de  Osnabruck  Lutherhaus *Special solo show* 05 41 20 01 831  Solo
November 2016
Nov04  uk  Blakeney  Harbour Room - 01263 741666  Band
Nov18  de  Oldenburg  Charly's Music Pub - +49 441 - 21 71 63 0  Band
Nov19  de  Hamburg  Downtown Blues Club - 01805 57 00 00  Band
Nov20  nl  Apeldoorn  Bluescafe - 055-578 50 14 Band
December 2016
Dec01  uk  Putney  Half Moon - 020 8780 9383  Band
Dec02  uk  St. Helens  The Citadel - 01744 735436  Band
Dec03  uk  Derby  Flowerpot - 01332 204955  Band
Dec04  uk  Newcastle  The Cluny - 0191 230 4474  Band
Dec08  uk  Kendal  Bootleggers - 01539 723824  Band
Dec09  uk  Darligton  Forum R'n'B Club - 01325-484946 / 07855-937357  Band
Dec10  uk  Norwich  The Waterfront  - 01603 508050  Band
Dec11  uk  Leicester  The Musician - 0116 251 0080  Band
Dec12  uk  Farnham  The Maltings - 01252 793430  Band
Dec15  uk  Southampton  The Brook - 023 8055 5366  Band
Dec16  uk  Sheffield  The Greystones - 0114 266 5599  Band
Dec17  uk  Manchester  Academy 3 - 0161 275 2930  Band
Dec18  uk  Edinburgh  The Caves - 0131 557 8989  Band

Aynsley's latest album, Eyes Wide Open on sale via website & Straight Talkin' Records website October 7th.

Here's a taster - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvRAMjJRLOo

New video from Aynsley, lead off track from the new album (official release 7th Oct).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvRAMjJ … e=youtu.be

Over the week-end, had a good listen to a pre-release copy of Aynsley's new album. All I’m going to say is that there’s something old - strong echoes of BluesBreakers; something new - use of horn section as well as Aynsley experimenting with new soundscapes.; something borrowed - Anysley covering one of his contemporary heroes; and plenty of Blues. I'd say that self-producing has given Aynsley the freedom to really fire up on the guitars, some blazing solos, a lot more "guitar-centric" I'd say.

All that, and Steve, Boneto, Andy & Bennett playing at the top of their respective games.

208 (edited by BansheeUK 2016-10-06 09:25:40)

Okay, so it’s the eve of the big release, and while The Boss is safely out the way on tour in Europe, here’s my fuller thoughts on Eyes Wide Open:-

One, two; one, two, tree, four – and we’re off with Steve A locking down a boiling bass-line that sweeps up a swirl of keyboard, pounding drums and a siren like guitar-riff; Aynsley’s out for All Your Love, and this driving opener is going to get it. Pounding along until a drag down the strings segues into a hot, spitting solo that’s vintage Lister. Keeping the pressure up, Everything I Have To Give salutes classic Bluesbreakers and is underpinned by a Stax-style horn section just under the Wurlitzer keys and a dynamic Clapton-esque solo.
Then, Il Grande Mafioso a new soundscape; an acoustic intro with a Sicilian feel leads into a slow, swaggering rhythm and a tale of some low-life being hauled through some back street Atlantic City dive for a showdown with Tony Soprano style boss. “Scarface” Price on the Hammond while “Dutch” Holland indolently fingers an old piano that sounds like its seen better days and all the time, “Crazy” Steve & “Marcellus” Dryden keep the swagger driving. This is probably Aynsley’s quirkiest piece to date, reverb and vibrato set to the max, for a solo like been taken down a dark damp tunnel; to sleep with the fishes. Just remember; “When they send for you, you go in alive, you come out dead, and it’s your best friend that does it.”
Won’t Be Taken Down is back to more standard fare, a building ballad that outros with another searing Lister solo that’s fresh & dynamic almost like a live take. Time, a rockier number seems to find Aynsley looking back on a 20 year career as well as being on the cusp of a new decade in life; reflective but not moribund.
Dishevelled, and Aynsley’s back to the Blues, with a sleazy little number of clandestine, casual encounters in the night.
Troubled Soul, is a short, instrumental pieces, delicately played and leading into Kalina; a very tender tribute to 22y old student Kalina Makarewicz who tragically took her own life after warning signs were missed.
Lifting the pace back again, Handful of Doubt is another classic Lister rocker, leading into the album’s one cover and a labour of love it is. Aynsley’s long been a fan of Tommy Castro and Right As Rain is a great choice. There’s no great changes in the arrangement from the master’s original though Aynsley obviously couldn’t resist a storm of a solo playing the song out.
Other Part of Me and Stay are the only two songs I’ve heard on the road prior to this release and I’m glad they made the cut for the album. Other Part of Me I would call Home Pt 2. Stay also has echoes of another song which I can’t pin down; it has that sort of catchy hook that both familiar and elusive.
That should have been the end of things, but seemingly, out of the blue comes bonus track Hold You To It, and it’s like someone’s put a hotplate under your feet (elsewhere, if you’re sitting); the howling Hammond and the triumphant horns, this is New York meets Memphis head on, but I swear there’s a Motown bass kicking under there and these guys are having fun. Oh Yeah.
So, aided and abetted with usual suspects Steve Amadeo on Bass, Boneto Dryden behind the Drums, Andrew Price on keys; Chris Aldridge on Sax, Bryan Corbett – trumpet, Dale Gibson –trombone and last but not least Bennett Holland on keys & backing vocals, Aynsley has taken us, lyrically, on a ride though how he’s seeing life, personally, it’s ups and downs. Musically, this has been his first self-produced album, and a great chance to as he puts it “rip out on the guitar”, which he does, but never self-indulgently. And also, the opportunity is taken to explore new soundscapes; and with a backing band like that, why the Hell not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJqsj3JPzqQ All Of Your Love (Chislehurst)

Mine arrived yesterday signed as well !!!

First listen very enjoyable love the detailed review pity I missed him at The Beaverwood .....away on holiday ahhhh!!!

Well worth buying treat yourself

Clive A wrote:

Mine arrived yesterday signed as well !!!

First listen very enjoyable love the detailed review pity I missed him at The Beaverwood .....away on holiday ahhhh!!!

Well worth buying treat yourself

Hate to tell you this, but he "dropped" Balls Of Steel into the set that night - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-bj11NQYMo

I have watched it !!!

Looks like a trip to 100 Club in London is needed !

Just a reminder, anyone looking for a Christmas gift for the guitarist in the house, or the guitarist looking to drop a major hint,
places are still available on Aynsley's Guitar Week-ends at Denham Grove, Uxbridge.
Get to jam with Aynsley & the band as well as some focused tuition. Open to all abilities.
January 20th - 22nd & February 24th - 26th 2017  with further dates later in the year a possibility.

For more info - http://straighttalkinrecords.co.uk/guitar-weekends

213 (edited by BansheeUK 2016-12-07 04:06:17)

4th Dec.
What can you say; the 1st week-end of December and Aynsley at The Cluny is becoming as much a music tradition as the Lindisfarne Christmas gigs at City Hall back in the 70's & 80's. Certainly the atmosphere in the packed room (even on a Sunday!) is warm, friendly and this time with an air of keen antici.....pation. Last year, Aynsley & the band teased us with 2 new songs from a promised upcoming album: this year the album is out and there's a bagful of new songs to be aired in 'Toon.
Aynsley gets the crowd nicely warmed up with a instrumental Blues shuffle, based on a Bluesbreakers(?) before laying into Inside Out followed by Hyde 2912 and then we get our first introduction to Eyes Wide Open in the form of Il Grande Mafioso. This song is a bit of a departure on the album, but stands out and stands well in the live format, enough reverb on the Fender that even Hank Marvin must be feeling it.... and from there onwards new was mixed with, well, slightly less new; a storming All of Your Love, the sensitive Kalina vying with the likes of Early Morning Dew and the guitar v keyboard duel of Sugar, as well as Aynsley's cover of Champagne & A Reefer, and mix in a couple of crackin' bass solo's from Steve Amadeo, then a coule more new numbers like Handful of Doubt & Stay.
Set closer was, as ever Purple Rain; if Aynsley ever had plans to drop it from the set, 2016 wasn't the year, with Prince being one of the many notables we've lost in the year. Not quite getting away for an early finish one a "school-night", the encore was a bouncing Possession.
Verdict on the new material; well, vintage stuff; it's classic Aynsley but still fresh & interesting.

Kalina - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1LIkZFx4p0
Il Grande Mafioso (from St Helens) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDxQ8dZxoo4

Aynsley on the road for the early part of 2017:-

Jan18 uk Cheltenham  Vonnie's Blues Club - 01452 862332 or 07545385518 (Band)
Jan19 uk  Bilston  Robin 2 - 01902 401211 (Band)
Jan20 uk  Guitar Weekends - January 20th - 22nd 2017 Denham Grove - 07896672012 (Tuition)
Jan31 uk  London  100 Club - 01472 349222 (Band)
Feb03 uk  Burton-upon-Trent  Brewhouse Arts - 01283 508100 (Solo)
Feb04 uk  Melton Mowbray  Eastwell Hall - 01949869492 (Solo)
Feb05 uk  Leicester  The Musician - 0116 251 0080 (Solo)
Feb10 uk  Crawley  The Hawth - 01293 881384 (Solo)
Feb11 uk  Winchester  Discovery Centre (Solo)
Feb24 uk  Guitar Weekends 2017 - February 24th - 26th 2017 Denham Grove - 07896672012 (Tuition)
Mar25 uk  Scarborough  Top Secret Blues Festival - 07956 925 925 (Band)

Ask any Time-traveller, and they will tell you that certain events in the time stream must be fixed, like anchors, much like Aynsley’s near traditional visits to Newcastle’s Cluny; something we know we can look forward to each year. So then, that makes Aynsley’s first visit to Darlington Forum on Friday something more of an event; and what an event it was.
The evening’s festivities, since this was the R’n'B Club’s end-of-term Christmas party night, got underway in fine style with a lively set from local guys Alex Fawcett Band; a heady mix of Walter Trout & Rory Gallagher with an after-taste of Gary Moore. Alex and the band have a solid local following so watch for them when they spread their wings….
So, then, a well warmed up crowd, we were already for Aynsley to lay down the Blues shuffle opener as he did at The Cluny; but not tonight; tonight he went for the jugular and went straight into the driving All Of Your Love. Almost 10 years since Aynsley played Darlington R’n'B Club and it looked like he was out to blow the dust off. Blimey, he almost blew the roof off! Inside Out followed next, then the swaggering Il Grande Mafioso. Hyde 2612 has had a bit of a Crazy style make-over, as well as giving space for Steve Amadeo to give the bass a good workout while Sugar lets Andy Price loose on the keyboards and the first call & response duel with Aynsley. Troubled Soul / Kalina slow things down but showcase Aynsley’s more sensitive side where Handful of Doubt rocks it back up again, however on Stay, Aynsley really let rip on the guitar, making the ol’ Vibroverbs howl. Putting the Blues into R’n'B, a very tasty Champagne & A Reefer came along and mellowed everyone, again, Aynsley swapping runs with Andy. Don’t go thinking Boneto had a quiet night; while there were fireworks stage front, that guy was on his riser and was rock solid. Digging into the back-catalogue, Early Morning Dew vied with the new Other Part of Me.
The evening was drawn to a close with a sing-a-long Purple Rain - I did say this was the Christmas party…. And then the encore, and after a solid 100 minute set, Aynsley & the band tour through Tore Down.
So, Aynsley’s return to Darlington R’n'B, and an absolute stormer of a gig. The guys on stage were playing great and the atmosphere was relaxed and gotta give a nod to the sound guys at Darlo; I’ve seen Aynsley many times and the mix this night was amongst the best, better even than Durham Gala. No surprises that it was a sold-out event, like his previous, 7th Dec 2007 and the one before 8th Dec ‘08…. Hey, has somebody been rippling my time-stream…. or does it bode well for 2017?

Champagne & A Reefer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CL_pWYEm_4
(No, Aynsley wasn’t showing off by playing left handed…..)

Alex Fawcett - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWx2B3ozt9I

Aynsley's spring schnitzel tour for 2017 - mix of full band and solo shows.

Apr21  nl  Apeldoorn  Bluescafe - 055-578 50 14 Band
Apr22 de  Hannover  Bluesgarage - (0)511-72 46 966  Band
Apr25  de  Ramstein  Haus des Bürgers - 06371/592-220  Solo
Apr26  de  Offenbach-Hundheim  Gemeindehaus  Solo
Apr27  de  Dudenhofen  Kulturverein - 06232 651069  Band