Topic: July 2,2016 Preston, UK Venue Change

Hello England Friends! Due to the risk of bad weather for Joe's Houghton Tower show, we have had to move the venue indoors. Below is the official announcement and venue information:

Due to torrential rain this week, it has been decided that Joe’s concert at Hoghton Tower this Saturday will be moved indoors to Preston Guild Hall. The venue will be a mixture of standing and unreserved seating and provides the best opportunity for Joe’s fans not to miss his planned visit to Preston.

Preston Guild Hall
Lancaster Rd, Preston PR1 1HT
01772 804440
www.prestonguildhall.com

Doors will open at 6pm.
Joanne Shaw Taylor 6:45 pm
Joe Bonamassa 8:00 pm

For more information visit www.symphonyatthetower.co.uk

Re: July 2,2016 Preston, UK Venue Change

Happy to hear of this change. Was worried about not only the weather for this show but also the logistics of getting back and forth to it since it was in the middle of the countryside. Now the venue will be 2 blocks from our hotel and no chance of being rained on. Excellent news!

nmagcorn wrote:

Happy to hear of this change. Was worried about not only the weather for this show but also the logistics of getting back and forth to it since it was in the middle of the countryside. Now the venue will be 2 blocks from our hotel and no chance of being rained on. Excellent news!

The thrills of living in northern England. I had already dug out my wellies and hiking jacket. Positions are on a first come first served so early at the Guild Hall is best. Look out for someone who looks like Bill Bailey (google it) and say hi. Pity about the tower. A beautiful location normally. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Wow they didn't sell many tickets if everyone can fit into the Guildhall.....it only fits a little over 2000 people! They would have been a little lost in the big field at the Tower. Even Quo managed 10,000 last year. Odd.

2400 when I called. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

If any of Joe's people are reading this I would plan a venue change for Newark Castle. As of today the weather is not good for that one either and I can't say I'm looking forward to getting p*** wet through!! My front room would be an ideal venue change! smile