Re: G'day from OZ

Angela wrote:

Hi Rob,
About 10 years ago Aussie/Italian relatives tracked us down and actually came and stayed with us during part of their visit to the states.  Up until that point, I hadn't realized family members separated when they left Italy and some went to Australia and some came to the US via Ellis Island in New York.

So, maybe we're related!!! lol lol lol

Hey how cool!!!! My family immigrated to OZ in good 'ol 58. I was born in Australia. What are your relatives' names??!

What's up Rob,

Welcome to the best forum on the net in my opinion. I don't post too much here though or on any forum. I recognized you from the Janis Joplin website where I still go to look at what's happening because of the hometown thing. Joe is the real thing and he just keeps getting better all the time.

Paul Bertrand

Hey dragster...I will send you an e-mail.  Let me know if you've ever eaten in a restaurant known as The Jail in Rome.  Its a old jail, you do downstairs to get into...mainly locals there, live music....I'm wondering if its still good!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Howsitgaun Bob

Welcome aboard this is definitely the place to be. Joe is one talented individual and he has some wonderful people as fans.

Aw the best

millhouse

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

blu69cam wrote:

What's up Rob,

Welcome to the best forum on the net in my opinion. I don't post too much here though or on any forum. I recognized you from the Janis Joplin website where I still go to look at what's happening because of the hometown thing. Joe is the real thing and he just keeps getting better all the time.

Paul Bertrand

smile Hey Paul, I guess we'll meet any place there's good vibes on the Net right man?! Yeah, I haven't been back to the JJ forum in a while now. How are things going there?! Missed out on the 40th Anniversary of the SOL in SF too....did you go to that?! smile.
Yep, Joe Bonamassa really KIX **** in my music book!!
KEEP ROCKIN' THE FORUMS!!

Rob (OZ)

millhouse wrote:

Howsitgaun Bob

Welcome aboard this is definitely the place to be. Joe is one talented individual and he has some wonderful people as fans.

Aw the best

millhouse

So true millhouse.....thanx smile

Angela wrote:

Hey dragster...I will send you an e-mail.  Let me know if you've ever eaten in a restaurant known as The Jail in Rome.  Its a old jail, you do downstairs to get into...mainly locals there, live music....I'm wondering if its still good!

Hi Angie (do you mind if I call you Angie:)). Back at ya!! Is The Jail the original name of the restaurant? Is it near Trastevere (along the Tiber)? Most of Rome's famous "ristoranti" and "taverne" are in that area!! It's not a familiar restaurant to me at the moment, but I've been to La Parolaccia where they serve the best Roman meals...with a twist, hehehehhehe....the management and waiters ALWAYS swear at ya.....no kidding! smile.....not a fun place to be you get easily offended, hehehehehehe smile.....they're really cool peeps!!
One of my fave haunts (pun INTENDED) is Dario Argento's "Profondo Rosso" Bottega degli Orrori horror shoppe in via dei Gracchi near International House where I lodge! If you're into horror flix and ever visit Rome, you MUST see that weird place.....once I swear I thought I saw Mario Bava come out of the woodwork, heheheheheheheheh smile! Scary place indeed! I'm going to a Halloween bash organized by Dario's staff and Misty Lane on the 31st....gotta be e monster mash party with The Fuzztones (from NYC!!) as headliners. Anyway, you'll find me in all the top indie/underground spots in Rome listeneing to the good vibes anyday!!!

ROCK ON AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEEK!

Rob

Hi Rob,
Never got into Angie, but love the Stones song and know nice Angie's, like pattyluvsjoe's friend. smile I'm a fourth generation Angela, it was forbidden when I was little to allow anyone to call me Angie, same with my mom, so history repeats itself and I'm doing the same thing with one of my kids, Vincent, he's not allowed to be called Vinnie/Vinny or should I say, I really discourage it. I feel that I have to protect him somewhat. Funny thing is, we didn't name him after anyone, I just liked the name and only really knew Vincent's that were Irish. I regreted naming him that when he was only about 3 months old...some of the ignorant comments from people and all the mob jokes, so much so, that when child #3 came along shortly there after, I purposely didn't give her an Italian name and I had a beauty picked out.  That is now a huge regret!  He was only 6 months old when I was pregnant with #3, so if more time passed, I probably would have changed my mind.

Going back to  Angie...It could have something to do with my mom being raised in South Philadelphia (home to Rocky) and much of the negative stereotypes associated with being Italian...like we're all gangsters, in the mob, all have plastic slipcovers on our furniture, call our spaghetti sauce gravy... lol  To give you an idea where we live, we're sandwiched between the fictional Sopranos in North Jersey and South Philly, so I think our location heightens the sterotyping, which probably seems very foreign to you in Australia.

My uncle traveled alot for Pratt-Whitney (jet engines) and gave us the name of the restaurant when we honeymooned in Italy. I can't remember exactly where it was. It wasn't like a horror jail type of thing, it was all stone/brick, really quaint and even though maybe like a dungeon because it was in the basement and a former jail, it was really warm, friendly and romantic with great food.  We were even serenaded by the musicans that moved around the room!!

Not much into horror movies and scary stuff, although you'd like my friend who loves to visit Salem, MA during the Halloween season, with all the witch stories etc. I remember when I first watched Silence of the Lambs, I didn't sleep well for 2 days...never watched it again.

Happy Halloween and have fun!! smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

smile wooohhoooooooooooooooooooooo, I feel ya Angela....cool read. I'll ask about The Jail!!
ROCK ON!

Rob