37 (edited by Rusty 2016-05-28 11:42:44)

Re: Way Huge - Overrated Special

Got mine in only two days! Sweetwater does ship fast. I spent the last half an hour playing around with it and I'm impressed. Its a versatile pedal for sure. The pick tin that came with it is numbered 1507 of 2000, so it seems that the original intention to only produce 1000 has changed?

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How Iā€™d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I hope these last a while despite the original plan. I would like one, but it's going to be September before I can afford one...and I don't really want to pay the inflated prices that follow once they stop production.

Thinking about it though. If they're selling well and proving popular, why not keep making (and hence selling) them...just stop the numbered tin and maybe make an aesthetic chance so that the owners of the original limited version don't feel too short changed.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Slightly disappointing that they added to the run without making any changes to the overal design. Something that would have at least seperated the runs.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

I don't really understand the whole "collecting"thing for a pedal... I'm just happy to use it as it was intended......

Adrian J wrote:

I hope these last a while despite the original plan. I would like one, but it's going to be September before I can afford one...and I don't really want to pay the inflated prices that follow once they stop production.

Thinking about it though. If they're selling well and proving popular, why not keep making (and hence selling) them...just stop the numbered tin and maybe make an aesthetic chance so that the owners of the original limited version don't feel too short changed.

Even if they stopped I would think you could get it off Reverb or eBay.... Although I'd love to hear what they are planning.

holeshot1982 wrote:
Adrian J wrote:

Even if they stopped I would think you could get it off Reverb or eBay.... Although I'd love to hear what they are planning.

Hopefully....

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Ordered...arriving next week!!

Will be interesting to see how this stacks with my Pork Loin!!

Next on the shopping list is a new amp...very interested in trying the Fender Bassbreaker 45...

Adrian J wrote:

Ordered...arriving next week!!

Will be interesting to see how this stacks with my Pork Loin!!

Next on the shopping list is a new amp...very interested in trying the Fender Bassbreaker 45...

Glad you were able to get one. Guess these aren't so "limited" anymore. Mine's like 1500 and something. I like mine pretty well, not my main OD pedal, mainly using it with a Keeley Compressor playing slide through a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue that's been completely hand wired to 65' specs. You mentioned looking for a new amp, you might want to check these out. I was really surprised and blown away from it. From the bedroom to the stage it's been a great amp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alessandro-Hand ā€¦ Sw3ydVgitF

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

They are only doing a 1000.... Could of sold 3000 but alas trust me there are only 1004.   The four originals and the production run.  All are number and once they hit 1000 they are gone. Dunlop and Jeorge don't mess around ...
Joe B

Was 1000 the actual total production run or did number grow to 2,000, etc?

NickelWound wrote:

I have found that with certain pedals the difference between running them off a power supply or a battery can make a huge difference in noise. If it's really loud and noisy with a battery then a power supply could quiet it right down. Might that be the case here?

Usually always quieter WITH a battery.

t92780 wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

They are only doing a 1000.... Could of sold 3000 but alas trust me there are only 1004.   The four originals and the production run.  All are number and once they hit 1000 they are gone. Dunlop and Jeorge don't mess around ...
Joe B

The initial run was 1000 but they released another 1000 the year after. Still came with a number pick tin.

holeshot1982 wrote:
t92780 wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

The initial run was 1000 but they released another 1000 the year after. Still came with a number pick tin.

Greedy rip off, sorry,.no excuse. Not sure how consumers allow this, in the end, we're to blame for not taking to social media to rip all parties, and or, lawsuit. Doesn't matter if a car, guitar, coin, stamp or stompbox, this is serious stuff.

No messing around, yeah right Joe...collectible product greatly devalued.  Fans on this board, shame on you for being a bunch of suck ups to JB, as this thread should be 1,000 pages of  horror.

All to make a few added bucks when parties realized money left on the table...nice.

Merry Xmas!

t92780 wrote:

collectible product greatly devalued.

I kinda get what you're saying but can't agree... There were a lot of people upset that the first 1,000 got scooped up and there was a very high resale price...... I was glad they did another run... And I can't say it was devalued at all. I had mine for about a year, had a small ding where my slide fell on it, and still got my original 200.00 investment back when  I sold it.... So I got all my money back for a used pedal. Work for me...

Now with the new doubleland specials, they took a while to sale out.... And they supposedly only made 1,000 of those. I guess only time will tell what happens with those.

50 (edited by DougH 2018-01-09 13:21:50)

Did they ever say "collectable" wayhuge?
Don't think I remember that claim.
But didn't Joe hand sign the first 1000?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

I don't think that was ever said but I remember them saying only 1,000 would be made.

right so they do a test of the market and if they sell a 1,000 then i don't see an issue of releasing another 1,000

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Yeah that's the way I see it.... Why wouldn't they release more if there was a demand for it?

DougH wrote:

No, the Doubleland Special is the one that was handsigned.