Re: Black Country Communion Reunion Confirmed

I hope Joe isn't giving up too much to make this happen. I remember the times when it was too intense for him with a huge run of solo shows going on at the same time.

But that aside, I'm sure it will be fantastic to see what they produce next year!!

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

This is amazing!  Hope they go on the road... If they do, I am sending them a map to Australia! big_smile

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

And let's put together a proper U.S. tour please.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

I am THRILLED! BCC was one of my favorite rock bands and I am really excited they're back together.

PLEASE Kevin , Joe, Glenn, Roy, anyone involved... SOUTH AMERICA, please!! I was heartbroken with the thought of never seeing this band live when they first broke up.

This is gonna be amazing!!

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

meh

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

No thanks.  I simply do not care for GH vocals.

Just me... I know who cares what I think.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Serious news!

rpic wrote:

No thanks.  I simply do not care for GH vocals.

Just me... I know who cares what I think.

His vocals are just fine, I just can't his stand his "rock star" preening, that face he makes with his mouth open just takes me out of it.

Say what you want about Glenn Hughes, but the man puts some serious heavy rock on paper, that is just perfect for Joe.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

I am really excited about this. I hope that they have all learnt some lessons from what happened before.
An Australian tour is essential if this is to be a complete success :-)
Good luck with it Joe!

well...I love hard rock but so much drama and to be honest Glens voice gets boring very quickly. my two cents

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Glenn posted on Twitter: relaunch of Rocketship BCC in 2017

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I enjoyed the BCC albums/DVD and I really enjoyed them live, but I have to say that it never seemed to be 100% committed hard rock.   A lot of the material could quite easily have been included in Joe's solo sets.   The fact that SOY is touted so much indicates that.

I think Joe was too much like Joe on the albums.  I would love him to go with a whole new tonal approach and really 'dirty up' his work.  His clean tones are just a little lightweight.   

On one occasion, I saw BCC with Michael Schenker as support and even though Schenker was just coming back after his 'troubles', he is the supreme melodic hard rock guitar player.  I assume Shirley will produce, so my advice to him would be to listen to Strangers in the Night and MSG at Budokan until his ears bleed !!!

So, Joe & Glenn seem to have made-up; all well & good. I'd rather now they move on than re-visit BCC.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BCC always a hot topic here.Plus  or minus.

As far as touring goes if you look at history it would seem a limited tour if anything.He might do that in the time slot he has done the three kings tours.
I am sure this time around ground rules have been set for whatever.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

- Why am I negative about this?

Joe could do this type of music perfectly well without Glen Hughes, - with any number of singer/bassists, - hey I am sure Micheal could play the hard rock bass lines better than a lot of them. - Singers, - well why not get Axl Rose, - I joke,  but I just do not see this as a progressive action, - it is negative, it is going back on something that has already been done, and what the entire music business/entertainment sector is lacking is progression, - it is stagnating. Joe is a fantastic position to do something brave, but going back is not brave, it is safe, and because of that I am disappointed.

I make no apology for this being itself negative, as I am sure the vast majority of you will lap up as much re-hashing as you can... It is only one opinion amongst many.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

36 (edited by wvgirlinky 2016-04-21 08:41:21)

Have not posted in a long time but his is very wonderful news. Saw Joe and Glen's tweets. Excellent.  Love Song of Yesterday just a the best song live.  Thanks Joe , Kevin and Glenn.  Hope the others  are in as well.