Topic: North Hampton, MA

I won’t be denied have front row seats to North Hampton, MA concert but if it’s scrubbed I’ll go to Garde Arts Center in CT.  Even if its not, might go anyway.
  For those going to North Hampton show, an excellent local group called Drunk Stuntmen are playing, 10 pm, at the Iron Horse Music Hall.
Hint, I secretly hope Joe & company crashes their party.  What a night that would be, Halloween n’ all.

Re: North Hampton, MA

Wish I could have gone to Northampton - have tic to Blue Man Grp that night in Hartford. The Iron Horse is one fantastic venue - maybe one of the best considering who has played their through the decades. I have tic for Garde in New London. Should be interesting with a bluegrass star and Loggins also. If you go to New London let me know - maybe we can hook up beforehand for an adult beverage. It is unofficial but Joe may be playing a Blues in Schools gig the day after New London at a high school in Norwich. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed as it would be cool to meet him in an intimate setting.

3 (edited by danny-o 2007-10-28 09:49:15)

Re: North Hampton, MA

Fantastic show. 

First, I have to give a big shout out to the 80 year old woman sitting a couple rows in front of us, even though I'm pretty sure she didn't get up to clap at the end.  She was a huge champ for even showing up and really when you're 80 years old, having your face rocked the *&#$ off is a lot to take for one night.

Seamless transitions between songs, a diesel drum solo, and JB tearing up the guitar.  Typical show I guess - after it was over, I asked the guy at the soundboard if they had recorded it.  "It was a great show, I'd love to have a copy", I said.  "They're all great shows", he said.  Turns out they didn't record it either which made me sad.

After one ridiculous display of acoustic shenanigans (Mantini into showing off and making everyone wonder why the strings don't break, I think), the crowd stood up and cheered because it was the obviously the right thing to do, but some younger meaty fratguys behind us didn't.  We sat back down and I heard one of them say, "That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen."  I think he was too floored to get out of his seat.

All in all it was absolutely worth the drive out to wherever the heck North Hampton is, and that's not a surprise.

edit to add: Crosby Loggins was really good too.  Pleasantly surprised to hear him.  The guy has a fantastic voice.

One more thing: CDs after the show for $20 a pop?  Come on guys!  That's bad business.  I have Joe's albums of course, but was planning to buy Crosby's.  Too bad I can get it somewhere else for $13.