Topic: Our Policy on ST M&G Requests
To the Street Team:
J&R is very aware of your invaluable efforts to help promote Joe and his music. We also know that many of you have asked to meet Joe and we feel that you deserve a cohesive response regarding our policy on Street Team (ST) Meet and Greet (M&G) requests.
Street teaming is first and foremost voluntary. We recognize this and are extremely thankful for those that choose to get involved. Outside of the intrinsic value that comes with helping to promote one of your favorite artists, we like to give back to STers who promote Joe and his music. During past tours and under past ST directors, this may have included granting a M&G to anyone who asked. An unfortunate side-effect to Joe’s recent and tremendous rise in popularity has been a huge increase in demand for M&Gs. The M&G lists have also grown exponentially due to various promotional promises we’ve made (lithographs, PBS pledges, past promises to street teamers, etc.) to the point we have 70+ people wanting to meet Joe at every show.
With how tight Joe’s schedule is between travel, warm-up, press, other preparations and the M&G itself, which all take place prior to the show, accommodating so many people has become a time issue- especially since Joe doesn’t like to rush interactions with his fans.
Another issue we’ve encountered is people wanting to meet Joe multiple times. We understand why, but also want to give that opportunity to new fans and those of you who have never had the experience before and will do our best to ensure fairness. If we are unable to accommodate your M&G request, we can still thank you for your efforts with rewards such as album downloads, tickets, etc.
Going forward, the M&G policy for requests made by STers will be as follows:
• All requests for a M&G spot must be submitted via email to Ericd@jr-adventures.com no sooner than 2 months prior to the show and no later than 2 weeks prior to the show**. Requests made earlier/later or via phone will be disregarded. This allows us to have a record of who asked and when.
• Every show will have a different number of M&G spots available for ST requests based on a variety of factors- we won’t be able to discuss specifics
• In the event you are chosen to participate in a M&G, we ask that you give it one year from that date before asking again, as we’d like to be fair and give everyone a chance
• In the event we are able to accommodate your request, you will receive instructions 2 weeks prior to the show
• Precedence will be given to STers who include time-stamped photo proof of their efforts
Thanks for your understanding in this matter and I’d be happy to answer any questions.
**email requests must be in the following format:
Subject: M&G request for (city, state) on (date)
Body: Name (+1 if you’d like to bring a guest) and phone number
-Also please include a brief history touching on how long you’ve been a fan of Joe’s for, if you’ve met him before (and the date of your last M&G if you have) and specifics about what you’ve done to help spread the word about Joe’s music.