Topic: 2016 Red Rocks Presale Code

Hi folks.  Has anyone gotten or seen the presale code for Red Rocks.  Site says presale goes tomorrow and I haven't seen anything.  Thanks!

2 (edited by JCricket 2016-03-28 15:58:05)

Re: 2016 Red Rocks Presale Code

This is my 1st post and I will wait for the code the same way it has come for years.  For the record scalpers are scum and will call is always the best way to combat them.

Fair enough.  I think I've been to every show Joe has played in the Front Range of Colorado since my first in around 2012, including all of the Red Rocks shows.  In terms of my street teamyness I have introduced and brought a solid 20 people to their first Joe show over the last few years, all of which are hopelessly hooked like the rest of us at this point.  I love that first mouth hanging open look on folks face about 30 seconds into their first Joe concert.  smile 

A little about me.  I live about 5 miles from Red Rocks.  It's my home concert spot.  Living so close I've been lucky enough to see 60 or 70 shows there, maybe more, over the last 20 years.  In addition to the blues and Joe of course I am a big bluegrass fan.  In spite of the pull of pop music I have managed to help my 4 kids see the light on a wide variety of musical styles.  Sometimes we sit on the back deck and play easy beginner bluegrass stuff with me on the guitar or dobro, my wife on the fiddle, son on guitar, daughter on guitar, other son on guitar, and daughter tapping on drums or other among other friends that may be over. 

One of my more memorable blues shows you guys might get a kick out of was 5 or 6 years ago on a random Tuesday or Wednesday night.  I was mountain biking with a couple of friends just south of red rocks and after our ride we were grilling some brats and having a couple of cold ones in the parking lot.  We looked north and saw folks streaming into red rocks.  I wasn't sure who was playing so we looked it up and it was BB, Buddy Guy and Al Green.   Tickets available, hmmm why not?  While still wearing our mountain biking gear we decided to go down there on the spot and get tickets.  When we walked in the venue there was still room in the first ten rows so I proceeded to watch BB, Buddy and Al in the 10th row in full mountain bike gear and cleats.  Fun times, and normal reasonable Colorado behavior I might add.  smile

So given that I am very much looking for a presale code so I can make sure to get tickets as close up front as possible for me, my wife, my 16 year old son, and his buddy.  Cheers!  JT

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks!

Hi Jane!

I am currently in the "waiting room".  Wish me luck and I am wishing everyone who is going to the Red Rocks show good luck as well.  This show is going to be epic and just like the last two Red Rocks shows I will feel as if I was a part of living blues history big_smile

I'm in!  cool

I got tickets!  Not as close as usual but I am sure the scalpers are all over this show.  Happy to be there as this show will be EPIC!!!

Nice, where did you get?  I was sitting in the waiting room and I'm row 27 at 3 minutes after 10.  Man those things go fast!

I was in the waiting room 15 min before opening. Got in about 10:05 tried 4 seats in reserved section nothing, then tried 2 still nothing. Best I could get Row 22, THAT SUCKS!!!! Where did the tickets go?

John145 wrote:

I was in the waiting room 15 min before opening. Got in about 10:05 tried 4 seats in reserved section nothing, then tried 2 still nothing. Best I could get Row 22, THAT SUCKS!!!! Where did the tickets go?

22 isn't bad.  Will be good sound near the sound board.

Scalper bots always grab up some tickets.  And people be patient as AXS always releases tickets randomly through out the day.  I got row 22 in the center and I have seen Joe in the second row and the 13th row at the last two shows at RR.  I am happy to get tickets to this show as it will sell out quickly.

Should have got them from PBS. At the Muddy Wolf Show, two years ago I had 2nd row from pre sale and 4th row from PBS.

John145 wrote:

Should have got them from PBS. At the Muddy Wolf Show, two years ago I had 2nd row from pre sale and 4th row from PBS.

We did that through PBS too and had row 4 for Muddy Wolf.  It was awesome.  I think 7 is the closest I've had at presale and that was when he played at the convention center a few years ago but at that one they showed open seats and you could pick where you wanted to sit.  Last year I got 6 tickets together I think and was back at 37 or something like that just after opening the presale.  Seems always easier to get 2 if you don't mind sitting away from other folks you might be going with but I'm not sure how AXS releases them.  I do know seems to be harder and harder each year to be able to get groups of seats together.

Hi just came thru email pre sale is on now, but best section is totally sold out already.  Can someone explain how this happens?  You would think some would still be available in Reserved 1. I know pbs took a few...   

I saw him 2 years ago at redrocks and the year b4 at Buelle.  Thanks in advance.  Just looking for a single great awesome ticket!

Hoping for a presale code, don't know if I am missing out or what.  So here's my JB fan story:  I picked up a Bonamassa CD back in the days of BMG Music online, one of any number of CD's that I just took a chance on.  From the first, it blew me away, and I recruited my first Bonamassa fans because I was just raving about it all over the place.  One of those first fan friends sent me a ticket to see Joe at the Paramount in Denver, row 10, because she had bought it for herself and then moved to California.  Wow, what a great gift!  The next year, I took my husband to see him at the Bellco and now I've seen him at the two Red Rocks tribuite concerts.  Last year, I got tix on the regular sale opening date and was wondering why the best seats I could get were a third of the way back, so I've been really hoping for a presale.  If it is here and I haven't earned a code, I'm pretty disappointed.  Hsve been on the forum about daily for the past couple of months.

MORJOE16  It's the first code on the other thread.

Well, I had seats in current reserved section 2 at Muddy concert, someone in front of me (only one) up on her feet the entire time while everyone else sitting, I had to leave as I was right behind her.  I understand, he is awesome and you gotta move, but not a fan of the section, too far away.  I want to be in the close seats!

Go in thru your email and  you won't be sitting in the waiting room.