Re: To all the Newbies

Any Ideas on the song lists for the Spring Tour?? I have tickets for Chicago and was just wondering??

cathysiler wrote:

Wow! New members are coming at record rates..Welcome!! As I'm sure you've noticed, we (forum members), do try to give each of you a warm welcome. If we've missed anyone, sorry! Just want you to know we are all equals. Your opinions and ideas are valuable. Don't worry about proper grammar, spelling or any of that..We're international and just glad we can communicate in the shared language of Joe. Number of posts also means nothing. Many of those are greetings to new members. Best of all you can't be too Joe obsessed! It is encouraged here! Again, welcome. Take some time to read past threads. I'm old, well versed in music and yet have learned more on this site than any other resource!  Cathy

Hello everyone, just joined the forum, it's great to be here. Watching the red rocks DVD at the moment, wonder if there will be any scottish dates on the autumn tour?

Fed the addiction and picked up Dust Bowl, my fifth release by Joe. Title track is my "favorite" track so far, that usually changes the more I listen to a new c.d.

Hey Everyone!

Just joined the forums... Looking forward to getting to know you all smile

Stepanija wrote:

Hey Everyone!

Just joined the forums... Looking forward to getting to know you all smile

Welcome to the forum. Tell us how you found Joe's music.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

New here.  Just heard about Joe about a year ago from my local high end audio dealer.  He uses some of Joe's tracks to show off his systems.  Glad he also sells vinyl.  I'm 56 next month and have been into music since I was very very young.  I am an audiophile and have been since '69.  I have MS and on day like today am homebound, but I listen to music all the time.  Glad I found this site.  I have never seen the band in concert, but if I can get tickets for their NYC show next month (the day before my birthday), I'll be there.  I've never joined a bands site before. Should be fun checking it all out.  Thanks for letting me play.

313 (edited by PSmith1946 2015-12-24 12:50:07)

Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of live recordings on here (mainly by Natasha certainly worth a good listen. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

314 (edited by tlchristin 2016-02-15 18:50:29)

I'm not a new fan but new to the forum.  My son and I saw Joe B live in Richmond, Virginia.  We went together to hear him not long after my husband died in a tragic accident.  My husband was a ridiculous blues fan and loved Joe long before I knew his name.  He had promised to take me to the concert for my birthday but sadly didn't live to fulfill that promise, so my son did it!  Needless to say the evening was amazing and a memorable night for us both. I cried that night, and I sure do understand the blues these days...but I know somewhere Mike was watching and loved it!  I hope Joe comes back to Richmond some day!  He has a fan for life!

tlchristin wrote:

I'm not a new fan but new to the forum.  My son and I saw Joe B live in Richmond, Virginia.  We went together to hear him not long after my husband died in a tragic accident.  My husband was a ridiculous blues fan and loved Joe long before I knew his name.  He had promised to take me to the concert for my birthday but sadly didn't live to fulfill that promise, so my son did it!  Needless to say the evening was amazing and a memorable night for us both. I cried that night, and I sure do understand the blues these days...but I know somewhere Mike was watching and loved it!  I hope Joe comes back to Richmond some day!  He has a fan for life!

Welcome to the forum. So sorry for your loss. Tap an Angel on the Shoulder.
Don't let it be the last time you see him. His music has amazing powers to heal hurt.

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

tlchristin wrote:

So sorry for your loss. Music is a very healing and comforting art if you only let it in. I am so glade you have found Joes music. Joe and his music has helped me in a profound way to long to discuss here. I am lucky to call him my friend.
God bless cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry for your sudden loss. Thanks for having the courage to share it with the forum, which includes the largest collection of Joe's biggest fans.
There are lots of stories here from people who were healed by the power of Joe's music.
Thanks again for sharing.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

tlchristin wrote:

Hello tlchristin:

I am new to the forum and your post really touched my heart.  I lost my husband to a very aggressive form of cancer a year and a half ago.  After months of feeling like I’d never experience joy again, I discovered Joe Bonamassa (Live at the Vienna Opera House) one night on my local PBS station.  Within a month I bought a ticket to the Detroit show; I went by myself and had the time of my life. 

I’m so glad your son took you to the Richmond show so you could experience Joe live.  I can personally attest to the healing power of music.  Joe’s music in particular has been a salve for me – it simply makes me smile (and dance) again.  I honestly am not sure any other artist could have brought me out of the malaise and debilitating grief. 

So far in less than one year I’ve seen Joe at the Fox Theatre, Red Rocks and the Blues Cruise.  Joe’s fans are the absolute best people in the world!  They’re so inclusive, love to share the joy and are NOT music snobs.  I feel less alone in the world knowing there are others who feel so passionately about Joe’s music. 

All the best to you tlchristin.  Keep finding comfort in music, especially Joe’s.  I’m sure both of our husbands would be pleased to know we’ve found shared joy with others.

KellyG

kljgray wrote:
tlchristin wrote:

Hello tlchristin:

I am new to the forum and your post really touched my heart.  I lost my husband to a very aggressive form of cancer a year and a half ago.  After months of feeling like I’d never experience joy again, I discovered Joe Bonamassa (Live at the Vienna Opera House) one night on my local PBS station.  Within a month I bought a ticket to the Detroit show; I went by myself and had the time of my life. 

I’m so glad your son took you to the Richmond show so you could experience Joe live.  I can personally attest to the healing power of music.  Joe’s music in particular has been a salve for me – it simply makes me smile (and dance) again.  I honestly am not sure any other artist could have brought me out of the malaise and debilitating grief. 

So far in less than one year I’ve seen Joe at the Fox Theatre, Red Rocks and the Blues Cruise.  Joe’s fans are the absolute best people in the world!  They’re so inclusive, love to share the joy and are NOT music snobs.  I feel less alone in the world knowing there are others who feel so passionately about Joe’s music. 

All the best to you tlchristin.  Keep finding comfort in music, especially Joe’s.  I’m sure both of our husbands would be pleased to know we’ve found shared joy with others.

KellyG

Wow. I am deeply moved by your testimonies. Welcome to both of you! You get it like few others. Please share a thought from time to time.

320 (edited by Bill S 2016-03-23 17:18:25)

RickB wrote:
kljgray wrote:
tlchristin wrote:

Hello tlchristin:

KellyG

Wow. I am deeply moved by your testimonies. Welcome to both of you! You get it like few others. Please share a thought from time to time.

Indeed, that's very moving.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Thank you tlchristin & kljgray for joining ... and sharing your touching stories with us.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

322 (edited by samjp4 2016-03-23 12:56:49)

kljgray wrote:
tlchristin wrote:

Hello tlchristin:

KellyG

I have been a fan of Joe's since 2004 - my (at the time) 22 year old son introduced me to his music and even back then his music had the ability to amaze and was just so special.  I had been a huge fan of so many of "the" bands back in the late sixties and seventies, and later SRV but none of them ever affected me as much as Joe has.  Thru the years that followed I would go see him every chance I could, and when rumors started circulating about a show at the Royal Albert Hall happening I decided it was time to get over my fear of flying because there was no chance I was going to miss that one and I made it (in the front row no less due to thoughtfulness of a fellow fan whom I had not even met except on this forum).  That trip was the start of a whole new world full of friends for me that I travel quite frequently to see to this day, and also opened up a world of wonderful music that I never would have found without them.

How does this tie in with what happened to you two ladies?  Well, my husband died last May after a pretty brief illness due to a very aggressive liver cancer.  We had been together for almost 45 years (3/4's of my life).  Him and I had gone to many concerts together over the years but in recent years he just wouldn't go - he had developed a fear of crowded buildings, and so I never did get him to go see Joe in person but he practically wore out my RAH DVD and got such a kick out of seeing me and our son in the front row in little snippets here and there.  When he became ill I received so much moral support from people I know from here and it got me thru some very rough days, and that love and support is here whenever I need it.  One of my best friends lives in the UK (and who I met at the RAH show) and I go and visit with her once or twice a year and we have a marvelous time together (after my husband's death last year I "ran away" to her place for some much needed me-time and healing, followed by a booster shot in November with the mid-Atlantic folks from the Baltimore area that was also much needed).  They, and Joe's music, have kept me sane.  We may not see each other that often, but they are only an email or a phone call away.  Or a post on here.  The other thing that kept me sane thru a lot of this has been my renewed interest in photography, nurtured in part due to the fact that Joe was so good about allowing photography at his shows most of the time.  Now it is time to teach my grandson about good music.  His Dad is the one who introduced me to Joe's music so he has a good start.  "Joe Massa" (as Ben calls him) is already familiar to him at the ripe old age of 2.  I can't wait to take him to his first Joe concert someday.

Welcome to this forum to both of you.  I am so sorry for your losses, and I hope that Joe and this place can help you work thru some of your grief.  This is a very special place.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

cathysiler wrote:

Wow! New members are coming at record rates..Welcome!! As I'm sure you've noticed, we (forum members), do try to give each of you a warm welcome. If we've missed anyone, sorry! Just want you to know we are all equals. Your opinions and ideas are valuable. Don't worry about proper grammar, spelling or any of that..We're international and just glad we can communicate in the shared language of Joe. Number of posts also means nothing. Many of those are greetings to new members. Best of all you can't be too Joe obsessed! It is encouraged here! Again, welcome. Take some time to read past threads. I'm old, well versed in music and yet have learned more on this site than any other resource!  Cathy

Thanks for the welcome! Love Joe  and looking forward to his next show coming up in August in Omaha!

Shirley Lust

If anyone can tell me why I'm not finding a place to buy tickets for his show in Omaha in August would be very helpful.
I bought tickets way in advance last year and the year prior but I'm having a hard time this year so far. They don't even show them at the venue he'll be playing! What's up with that? I want to see him again! He is so awesome to watch playing guitar!

Shirley Lust